1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lifespanian Royal Line

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by disorganizer, May 25, 2003.

1. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

no. its the character managers job to do so. she has a list of each character. that is also the reason why i posted the BIRTHYEAR and not the age.
    if the character manager cant put up a list, who else can? nobody.

2. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Dis- Birthyear just tells wehn they have been born. Like my character Antony is still alive, and he was born in 2350 BC. It is now 570 BC. That is 1,780 years he's been alive!

3. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Scrobius: Diutia Jadius Lifespanius Bellona, please grant me a hill tile of land, not to own of course but for temporary care in your honor. I would like to oversee the training of a group of warriors. They of course would be loyal to you, but I would be their captain and comand your will during battle.

This is but a small and humble request. If it is not granted please grant me citizneship anyway and perhaps a small job under you in the city. I have been well trained for battle as well as many woodsman skills.

4. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Scrobius: War has been declared from the wretched Egyptions! Please grant me the honor of leading, or at least joining a group of your troops into battle.

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

@civanator: yes, but from that you can calculate the number of turns and thus the "rpg-age" of your character .-)
    ct's problem with the character ages results in the fact that everybody posts the age in the character post, and as such she cant tell whether they were updated before she goes to make a list or not... this resulted in wrong ages ;-)

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

NOTICE:

we reorganized our military.... we now accept applications of loyal helenatican citizens as leader of our 1st helenatican regiment into the war against egypt. applications in here, a charisma of at least 15 is mandatory! also a deputy leader of those forces is needed in case the leader falls in battle.

7. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

dearest bellona,

me, secundus becchino (charisma 16) and my brother primus (charisma 14) would like to apply for the job to lead the glorious helenatica forces into battle.

OOC:
    primus and secundus are known to have led the revolution in nar shaddaa... this means that bellona will most likely NOT decide on them to lead the forces if someone else applies for the job.
    they are introduced here as "fillers"

8. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Arlena Gorinia: I would like to apply for the job as leader of the helenetican forces. I know that Im a woman but that would make the forces listen to me even more (if you get my point ;) ). I have 18 in charisma and would be happy to get rid of those egyptians. As they killed my parents I would be very please to kill the egyptians...

9. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

OOC:Here is the stats of the character:

Name: Arlena Gorinia
    Health: Good
    Caste: Noble by marrige to Corevius Nero
    Stats:
    Agility - 12
    Discipline - 10
    Charisma - 18
    Constitution - 10
    Intelligence - 15
    Traits:
    Bellingerent
    Philosophical
    Cultural

BTW: She lives in Gorina

10. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Scrobius: Apparently, my latest pleas have been ignored. I will herby like to appy for the position of deputy for the war against Egypt. If not accepted I will loyally figt along side your troops as a soldier in order to proove my worth.

11. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Bellona:
    Dearest Scrobius, it is not possible at the moment to grant land of helenatica for other citizens, as we need the land to support our glorious army. But of course you will be considered as applicant for the deputy leader of troops.
    The only things which are missing in your application is you character's stats or a link to the character post and the charisma rating. Also your character need to live in Gorina.

And who knows, maybe if your successes are as big as your ego, you may be granted at least a title and usage of some land for your family.

12. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
    to simplify the ruling and controll of our troops, the administration of helenatica thinks about splitting the 1st helenatican regiment into 2 divisions each controlled by a leader.
    the overal controll will then be given to a regiment general.
    so we maybe get more helenatican people into a job ;-)

EDIT:
    changed into 2 divisions...

split will be:

2 divisions with 6 legions each. each division controlled by a divisional commander

the 2 divisions combine into the 1st helenatican regiment
    this will be controlled by a general. he will also have direct controll over 3 spearmen to defend the command centre in the field.

13. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

UPDATE ON ARMY RESTRUCTURING:
    after learning many new things here, i change some of the above settings....

NEW STRUCTURE OF THE ARMY:

the helenatican army will consist of 2 corps.
    the helenatican army will be commanded by general rubinia lifespania

I corps (the palace guard):
    controlled by general rubinia lifespania
    units: 3 legions, 8 spearmen
    function: defense of helenatica

II corps (the helenatican mobile corps)
    controlled by lieutenant general n/a
    consists of: II.1 and II.2 armored division
    units: 3 spearmen
    function: attack and forward-defense forces

II.1 armored division
    controlled by major general n/a
    units: 6 legions

II.2 armored division
    controlled by major general n/a
    units: 6 legions

14. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Neo DiSaaMuel approaches Rubinia.
    After admiring you much from afar, have have but one thing to say to you.
    Rubinia: The name is Caesaria Jadius Lifespanius Rubinia
    Neo: You lie, in faith; for you are call'd plain Rubinia,
    And bonny Rubinia and sometimes Rubinia the curst;
    But Rubinia, the prettiest Rubinia in Christendom
    Rubinia of Rubinia Hall, my super-dainty Rubinia,
    For dainties are all Rubinias, and therefore, Rubinia,
    Take this of me, Rubinia of my consolation;
    Hearing thy mildness praised in every town,
    Thy virtues spoke of, and thy beauty sounded,
    Yet not so deeply as to thee belongs,
    Myself am moved to woo thee for my wife

Dis- its yours

(OCC- 10 points to whoever says where this is from (and its obvious))

15. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: Is it from Matrix?

16. Stuck_as_a_Mac

OCC- no

17. Civanator

Civanator Deity

18. Stuck_as_a_Mac

which, for the full amount of points

19. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

way OOC:

Character Name: Scrobius Pantonius

Character Gender: Male

Character Status: Alive

Character Health: Good

Character Age: 26

Caste: Common

Agility - 12
    Discipline - 12
    Charisma - 13
    Constitution - 17
    Intelligence - 11

Belligerent, Intellectual, Mercantile

Scrobius is a man who is looking for a better life. He grew up as a woodsman with his father, who also taught him to fight. He has now entered the city.

Clearly Scrobius doesn't have a 15 charisma but you didn't say he needed it for deputy and its only two points. Also, with the war happening I did not expect to be granted the land for training troops but I apreciate that you recognized the request.

Also, I did not need to come off egotistical, though I kind of like it now. I have posted in the previus and thread and then here when I was informed that it was closed. In both cases I have made specific requests but also citizenship. "If it is not granted please grant me citizneship anyway and perhaps a small job under you in the city." Yet none seemed to go recognized.

Is it TAming of the Shrew?

And now way IC:

Scrobius: Well, I certainly have been living in Gorina since arriving in Gorina. I hope this is a sign that you are accepting my citizenship.

I deeply appologize if I have come off rash and disrespectful. I came to this land hoping to help raise up some troops and lead them in your name. Since then we have become involved in a war with the horid Egypt and I grow eager to go into battle.

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Rubinia:
    The decission is made.

II Corps: lt. General Arlena Gorinia
    II.1 armored division: lt. General Arlena Gorinia
    II.2 armored division: mj. General Scrobius Pantonius

lt. General Arlena and mj. General Scrobius, please immediately take over command of your units.

lt. General Arlena, please report with the complete II Corps immediately to the despot. the II corps is "lent" to the fanatican army for the war against egypt. so report at the despot thread to receive commands and to meet the general under which the II Corps will serve.
    you will be allowed to post unit order for your corps in the conflict thread.

ooc:
    note that the troops of helenatica are sworn into the royal family and the province, noone else. if they have an interest conflict between their orders and the lifespanian royal line, they will decide to follow the royals :)

both of yours job is the roleplay. so go to the despot thread and the war-thread and roleplay ;-) have fun!

as soon as possible i may increase the number of legions under your command, too. i decided to give arlena the command over the corps as well as the division due to lack of applicants. i may introduce a 3rd division later on.