• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

Yeah, but Regalman seems to be extremely busy with school, and my PC died recently, so until I get my new one later this month nothing is happening.
Good news is the new PC is stronger and Photoshop may no longer be as slow, so I could hopefully make better stuff.

Ah darn, was working it into an Aghlabids design proposal. Not that it matters since I wont be making a civ in this lifetime haha.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! The general preference is to use the most easily recognizable name or place when it comes to Capitals (in various cases the uniques for that matter) and usually in the native tongue of the author or the intended audience. Though probably the bigger reason in this case is that Colombo already exists as a City-State in-game, so using it as a Capital seems sensible.

EDIT: Ninja'd... man I'm slow at typing today ._.

Thanks for the information!

One more question. I'm new to Civ, so I'm not too sure, but is there a mod for the Sumerian civilization? I know there's one for the Harappan civilization somewhere. It might be a good idea for a future project. :mischief:

Thanks for the information!

One more question. I'm new to Civ, so I'm not too sure, but is there a mod for the Sumerian civilization? I know there's one for the Harappan civilization somewhere. It might be a good idea for a future project. :mischief:
Yeah... By the same author of the Harappan one, lol. :lol:

Before you ask, always check this thread

I've been playing Sri Lanka, and I ran into something that confused me. I noticed that the vatadage is almost twice as expensive as the shrine it replaces (75 production compared to 40 production). At that stage in the game, that difference in production cost is absolutely enormous. Is that supposed to be the case? Because the building's effects are nowhere near powerful enough to warrant such a huge increase in production cost. So I'm just wondering if it is indeed supposed to be that way, or if that's a bug?

I've been playing Sri Lanka, and I ran into something that confused me. I noticed that the vatadage is almost twice as expensive as the shrine it replaces (75 production compared to 40 production). At that stage in the game, that difference in production cost is absolutely enormous. Is that supposed to be the case? Because the building's effects are nowhere near powerful enough to warrant such a huge increase in production cost. So I'm just wondering if it is indeed supposed to be that way, or if that's a bug?

Probably a screw-up. I will fix it when the new PC arrives

Yeah... By the same author of the Harappan one, lol. :lol:

Oh. Well, I feel stoopid now. I also just looked at the other link, and found out that the Goths under Alaric - a mod I've been asking around for for a few weeks - has already been created. D'oh :blush:

Before you ask, always check this thread

Thank you for the link! This is a comprehensive list, I assume?

I'm no expert myself, but it seems to me that, factoring in Parakramabahu's UA and Sri Lanka's start bias, which usually dumps you on a coast near a river(with a decent bay if you're lucky), the increase in production is well worth it. Just a fan's opinion though.

Oh. Well, I feel stoopid now. I also just looked at the other link, and found out that the Goths under Alaric - a mod I've been asking around for for a few weeks - has already been created. D'oh :blush:

Yep, by the same person who made Harappa and Sumer :lol:

So, dunno if this counts as thread necroing or not, but Marbozir just started doing an LP of your Moors Civ. Looks pretty promising! =]

Edit: I should probably link to the playlist, shouldn't I? Let's do that, then. =]

Glad to see I pointed him in the right direction :yeah:. He originally was going to do a playthorugh with it on YNAEMP, but a Moors showcase is awesome in itself.

It's a great Civ. Hopefully there will be more LPs like this in future, and I know it shouldn't just showcase modded Civs (I'd like to see Marbs's face with a real hardcore warmonger and the Expanded Promotions mod or whatever it's called) but it's always nice to feel appreciated, especially with Civs you put a lot of effort into making feel right for the game.

These Moors are brilliant and I look forward to seeing more of them on his channel. Keep prodding, TP; you are the smaller modders' official Nudge Unit. =]

sri lanka only gets the prod boost on river tiles, not tiles bordering a lake

also the moors download link is broken

Damn this thread hadn't seen activity in months.

Also, hah, can't imagine Marbozir playing an YnAEMP match. He'd probably go mad halfway through.

Yeah, both Regalman and I are busy with school.
German is a hard language to study, yo. I am currently working on the LH for Ryukyu and I got a good build for the Ainu, thanks to RyanJames. Sadly the Uniques don't work properly, and I will need to have someone look at the lua.

I see that the youtuber Sargon of Akkad has taken to using assets from LITE's Akkad mod in his videos :D

Top Bottom