Limited Religions

I've discovered a rare bug with single player that might be related to what's happening in multiplayer. If one or more AI and the player found a religion at the same time then the religion you choose in the popup isn't always the religion that gets founded in your civilization. For example, the AI player founds Judaism, I select Islam but instead I get Christianity.

I'm guessing that the buttons and the still available religions are numbered and these numbers get out of sync when a religion is made unavailable while the popup is displaying. Any way to fix this?

@OrionVeteran: In the WoC version, you have GodsOfOld.py file in the package. Is that file needed for anything in this mod?

@Xyth: do you mean if two civs discovered the same tech in the same turn, or different techs?

No GodsOfOld.py is not needed for this stand alone mod comp. It will be removed in my new download update.

I've discovered a rare bug with single player that might be related to what's happening in multiplayer. If one or more AI and the player found a religion at the same time then the religion you choose in the popup isn't always the religion that gets founded in your civilization. For example, the AI player founds Judaism, I select Islam but instead I get Christianity.

I'm guessing that the buttons and the still available religions are numbered and these numbers get out of sync when a religion is made unavailable while the popup is displaying. Any way to fix this?

1. Fixed problem with getReligionMissionary function.

2. After months of frustration, religious founding in multiplayer is now fixed! Extensive testing in hotseat multiplayer confirms the popup for religious founding occurs at the turn start for any human civ who discovers a religion.

Xyth: I believe your problem will be fixed by the update.

I've been working on adapting this again for my own purposes (religions founded by birth of great people) and discovered that the issue I mentioned earlier still exists. If the Player and AI found a religion in the same turn (with Choose Religion enabled) the AI's choice will cause the religion founded by the player to be different from what they selected in the popup.

I guess this could be caused by my changes (other than the change from onTechAcquired to onGreatPersonBorn I've not altered very much else yet) but I don't know for sure.

I started a thread over at the SDK/Python forums about it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=410344

Do you think you could be able to help?

I've been working on adapting this again for my own purposes (religions founded by birth of great people) and discovered that the issue I mentioned earlier still exists. If the Player and AI found a religion in the same turn (with Choose Religion enabled) the AI's choice will cause the religion founded by the player to be different from what they selected in the popup.

I guess this could be caused by my changes (other than the change from onTechAcquired to onGreatPersonBorn I've not altered very much else yet) but I don't know for sure.

I started a thread over at the SDK/Python forums about it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=410344

Do you think you could be able to help?

This mod has been updated with a fix that has solved that issue. :)

I put this in my mod and i still get one civ that gets more than half of all the holy cities?

I can't find any errors in Limited Religions, as it is working perfectly. :hmm: You obviously failed to merge the mod correctly. Did you enable the "USE_CANNOT_TRAIN_CALLBACK" in the PythonCallbackDefines.xml file? Did you make the proper changes in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file? Have you fixed all the errors in your own mod comp? Have you tried running the mod with a clean version of BTS 3.19, without any other mods? The answer to these questions will solve your problem.

Little help please

The on/off switch for State Religion Only missionary doesn't seem to work
I tested it with

<Define>
<DefineName>OC_TRAIN_ONLY_STATE_RELIGION_MISSIONARY</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

at 0 and 1, and when game stats it shows in green/red that switch is on/off, but in both case I unable to build non-state religion missionaries.

Thank you!

Top Bottom