List of buffs

Wild_Wolve

Chieftain
hello everyone.befor i start ...
i really love the mod. i'm playing since early RaR times and i already played the 3. something version of wtp for quite some time now. it is stunning how much stuff you integrated in civ 4 colonization. and i love that you are STILL working on it
i upgraded it now with the new version 4.02 and again .... i'm stunned by all the implementations, all the new biomes and the new proffesions and everything.
with the new biomes i noticed a little problem here. don't know if anyone already mentions it.

1686051015753.png

you see how long this list is? it's on 1920x1080 and the list is now so long it doesn't show anymore the exp points, which is for me the most importand thing. and that info screen there is the only one you shows me that at all
that slavehunter here had one battle now against a slave or an animal. with a second it would get it's first upgrade. like i said. that mouse over screen is the only one which shows you the exp points.

1686051456726.png

there fore, i decided to wrote that posting and to request a slight change here. if its possible a second row for the terrain buffs, because those will take the most of all space.
i'm sorry for the high imagines but to show you what i mean, ... well you get the idea! yes i know it is in german, i'm from austria, my mothertongue is austrian german.
in the case somebody here remember ... *looking mostly at ray* 👀 ... yes i'm wolve from the german CIV forum from civforum.de xD
hi all :beer:

greetings from Vienna / Austria

It is already on the todo list. :)
We have several tickets for it already.

e.g. this one I found right away

--------------

What just we do not have is enough people motivated to implement all that stuff.
We lack motivated modders and not ideas how to make the mod better.

So again guys, it is nice to make all these requests and suggestions ... but that really does not help.
What would actually help is people being motivated to contribute improvements pro-actively for stuff like that.

--------------

And to be quite frank and honest:

There is simply nobody interested to invest his time and effort for stuff like that.
So it is great that all of that is requested ... but as long as nobody wants to work for it ...

-------------

As I said, I personally will now take a time out from active modding for about at least 6 months ... and then see if I am motivated to return again.
All the rest of the guys is also pretty busy and currently there are not many active programmers around anyways since it is summer.

-------------

I am perfectly aware that there is no bad intent in such requests, quite the contrary - I know it is well meant. :thumbsup:
Still posts like this really do not help me or anybody to get motivated to mod again ...

-------------

A community mod lives from contributions ... it does not live from requests to have other people work.
Currently there are endless people requesting stuff but only very few actually contributing.

So please stop throwing work at people that are already busy, wasted and demotivated ... because it will make things worse.
Also we know about all of the things we could improve ... the reason why they have not been improved is simply time and motivation.

-------------

However if you are motivated to contribute yourself feel welcome to share your ideas and participate in the team. :hug:
Otherwise let us please have some time to recover our motivation again after the last release and figure out how and if we want to continue ...

--------------

Because quite honestly that is the point where I am currently:

At the moment I consider to abandon the project myself for good ... because the last release really drained my energy and motivation again ...
Most frustrating for me is that I was not able to actually implement / continue work on my feature concepts because I had to handle 100 different things.

So modding is currently really not fun for me and that is the only thing that actually keeps a modder motivated.
And feedback from many other people inside the team points into the very same direction ...

----------------

So maybe consider this when posting:
Is it going to help build up motivation in the team or not?

Last edited:
Hi. :cheers:
love that you are STILL working on it
Thanks - but currently we want to take it a bit slower.
Last release drained a lot of energy and it is not filled up again.
i'm stunned by all the implementations, all the new biomes and the new proffesions and everything.
Nice to hear that you like it. :)
Not all feedback we got was just positive.
... i decided to wrote that posting and to request a slight change here
As I wrote above ... right now is really not the time to request stuff unless you are willing to work on it yourself.
Because all it will do is throw more work on people already busy, drained and demotivated.

Right now is the time to recover and relax again and to find out if, how or when we want to continue ...
Personally I am currently considering if it is really worth my time and effort to go through another major release again ...

And from all I hear the rest of the team feels similar ... it is just that community does not seem to understand or care.
Because all the requests to give us some time to recover again are continously ignored ...
yes i'm wolve from the german CIV forum from civforum.de
Yeah, I remember that we talked there in the past. :thumbsup:
Well, if you are motivated to mod yourself, let us know.

-----

See you around. :wavey:
(Just take it a bit slow with requests to the team.)

-----

Generally we want to have the current internal development published soon again as WTP 4.1.
I am also sure that in some way or another the mod will continue afterwards as well ... but most likely a lot slower again.

At the moment we massively lost active modders again that take a break or at least take it really slow to also have a bit of private life again.
So a lot will depend how we may be able to motivate people to contribute ... and currently most of the community discussions achieve the contrary.

At least in the internal modding team and suppoerter area (at discord) we avoid all stress and simply try to keep having fun.
That is the only thing that actually matters right now ... it is much more important than trying to push progress on the mod ...

Last edited:
Hi. :cheers:

Thanks - but currently we want to take it a bit slower.
Last release drained a lot of energy and it is not filled up again.

Nice to hear that you like it. :)
Not all feedback we got was just positive.

As I wrote above ... right now is really not the time to request stuff unless you are willing to work on it yourself.
Because all it will do is throw more work on people already busy, drained and demotivated.

Right now is the time to recover and relax again and to find out if, how or when we want to continue ...
Personally I am currently considering if it is really worth my time and effort to go through another major release again ...

And from all I hear the rest of the team feels similar ... it is just that community does not seem to understand or care.
Because all the requests to give us some time to recover again are continously ignored ...

Yeah, I remember that we talked there in the past. :thumbsup:
Well, if you are motivated to mod yourself, let us know.

-----

See you around. :wavey:
(Just take it a bit slow with requests to the team.)

-----

Generally we want to have the current internal development published soon again as WTP 4.1.
I am also sure that in some way or another the mod will continue ... but most likely a lot slower again.
oh i totally understand that you are taking it slower, if you are drained and not motivated to continue right now. ;) especially, when some of you guys are dealing with ... well, stuff! nobody understand that more than me. i'm dealing with extreme level of permanent depression, with non combat related PTSD, with flashbacks, .... and addionally also with a rat tail of other stuff which is a more or lest direct result of my conditions! :sad:
believe me, when i say, i DO understand. :yup:
and related to modding myself. i already fought about that multiple times. but, sadly, i don't understand anything - and i mean zero :confused: - about pogramming or coding or anything about it.
you are german ray, so you know the saying "i just understand trainstation", well that's exactly me when it came to coding.
well just in theory, for defense of the community, maybee they do understand, but they just don't say it. i could imagine they understand it but requesting stuff anyways, in the hope the team will take time of and return after a few weeks or months. wouldn't be the first time. :mischief:
we had that a while ago in the german civ forum, where you wrote we will stop developing the RaR mod. and later on i read in suprice you guys returned. i personally really hope this scenario will happen again. :D

i personally really hope this scenario will happen again. :D
The mod is still alive in terms of the team still chatting and discussing internally and things still being worked on a bit here and there.
But we want to do it without being pressured ... no stress ... no endless discussions ... no tries to advice or convince ... no requests without offer to contribute ...
... wouldn't be the first time ...
Correct, but currently it is much better to just leave us alone and let us recover motivation and and let us keep working as we are motivated.
Otherwise everybody is welcome of course to join the team and supporters and also start contributing ... but otherwise please relax.

We create this mod as a hobby for ourselves to have fun modding and working together - stress and pressure is not needed.
We are simply people trying to have a bit of fun in our spare time and not payed workers that need to do what other people tell us to do

WTP 4.1 will hopefully be published soon. :)
After that we will see how things work out ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom