List of gold milestones?

According to previews I had read, I wrote this in the info center:
For reaching certain levels in your treasury, the game rewards you: 100 gold earns you a free settler, and 5000 gold provides free aqueducts in all your cities.

I'm not sure if those have stayed the same for the demo, or if there are even more (there probably are).

I know playing the demo I got 100 gold and received the settler and then it said I would receive another bonus at 250 gold. There are probably milestones at levels like 100, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, and 20000 to win the economic victory if I had to guess the levels for bonuses.

100 - Settler
250 - Currency
500 - Free Great Person
1000 - Granaries in all cities I believe?
next one (I should have kept track) +1 pop in all cities?

It is going to be hard to discover them all before the actual game is out.

I think its definitely worth beelining for the 100 gold reward. A free early Settler is very strong in this setup.

2 questions:

1) so 250 stockpile will give a tech? and I'm assuming if u have the tech it does nothing.

2) Do Aztecs start with 100+ gold or less? if its >= 100:gold: then do they get the 1 setter at start?

2 questions:

1) so 250 stockpile will give a tech? and I'm assuming if u have the tech it does nothing.

2) Do Aztecs start with 100+ gold or less? if its >= 100:gold: then do they get the 1 setter at start?

1) Don't know (every time I reached that milestone I did not have currency) I will test it.

2) Don't know. Demo only allows the player to play Egypt and Rome. AI Aztecs didn't get a second city out very fast in my demo games though so my suspicion is they don't immediately have the cutoff ready to go.

Nah its fine man you don't have to test it, I appreciate your help though, I think its pretty much guaranteed that it prolly won't do anything.

I got a free settler at 100 gold and Banking at 250 gold. You guys got Currency at 250?

Maybe it gives you the next economic tech that you haven't researched yet when you reach that point?

I know there are only 8 milestones for gold...the first three are 100/250/500 but don't know the rest for sure(nor what you get at 500 gold)

I nearly won a cultural victory with the Romans during the demo...I only needed 6 more converted cities/great people/wonders and to build the UN.

as for the Aztecs, Jason(the producer) said that when he was playing a game as the Aztecs on King he got 25 gold to start out with.

as for the Aztecs, Jason(the producer) said that when he was playing a game as the Aztecs on King he got 25 gold to start out with.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, omg i can't stop laughing im breathless
Aztecs begin with a wealth of gold
25g is a and i quote from the game "wealth of gold" ? Ill take a free wonder / gp thank you very much.

Thank god they got the OP trait of full heal after victory.

I don't think they'll make racials vary based on diff.

I think that overall Aztecs are a very good race - their 2nd starting bonus is insane, and good throughout the game.

A list of the gold milestones & corresponding rewards:

1. 100 Gold-----Free Settler
  2. 250 Gold-----Free Currency or Banking Tech
  3. 500 Gold-----Free Great Person
  4. 1000 Gold----All cities receive free Granaries
  5. 2000 Gold----All cities +1 population
  6. 5000 Gold----All cities free aqueducts
  7. 10000 Gold--Free Great Person (again)
  8. 20000 Gold--Unlocks World Bank wonder

The wealth of gold could be random for the Aztecs. They might start out with 25 gold one time, and 200 the next.

A list of the gold milestones & corresponding rewards:

1. 100 Gold-----Free Settler
  2. 250 Gold-----Free Currency or Banking Tech
  3. 500 Gold-----Free Great Person
  4. 1000 Gold----All cities receive free Granaries
  5. 2000 Gold----All cities +1 population
  6. 5000 Gold----All cities free aqueducts
  7. 10000 Gold--Free Great Person (again)
  8. 20000 Gold--Unlocks World Bank wonder

:goodjob: Thanks a lot, ccrowe1990! I have added this to the info center.

Top Bottom