[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

If I recall correctly, Rock Bands break up due to poor sales. So all three positions reduce the chances of losing a band. Silver actually reduces the chance the most. But while Gold may not have a better chance of preventing breakups, it can produce new bands a bit better. Must be a boy band record label.

The first one gets all the bonuses, as the other two are not 2nd and 3rd place, but top 25% and top 50%, if I understood the toltips correctly.

That make sense but at the same time the main reason they are changing the science and cultural victory is to take into account the addition of another era and the fact the game is supposed to take longer. The science victory changes achieve that, the cultural changes works against that. So far science and diplomacy are the only victories where I'll get to that future era. Religious could take longer if they fix the AI never using Inquisitors (last time I saw one was in the base game), Domination could take longer if the AI show a bit more resistance.

For religion victory to be a bit harder they need to implement two simple changes:

- Closed borders should reduce religious strength each turn. So that it's harder to convert enemies.
- Direct competitors should denounce you when you converted 25% of their cities. That should make them close borders and make it harder for you to spread your religion.

Of course, they should create inquisitors and delete your religion from their lands, and properly use the WC world religion proposal, especially the one that rewards (and allows?) everyone for killing your religious units.

Something needs to be done regarding Yerevan and Moksha synergy. Triple strength in foreign cities + reduce other civs religion by 75% is an unbeatable combination, especially since the Apostles are quite cheap and much better than missionaries. For a complete re-work I would go with:

- Missionaries should get the spread promotions.
- There should be a new religious combat unit only (Zealots).
- Great prophet points should earn you the Apostles.

Missionaries get: Can spread Religion 2 extra times, Can convert all adjacent Barbarians to your side by using a religious charge, Gain 100 Gold if this unit converts a city to your Religion for the first time.
Zealots get: Relic is created if this Zealot dies in Theological Combat, +20 Religious Strength in Theological Combat, Zealot operates as a Medic, providing extra healing to units within 1 tile.
Apostles get: Religious spread eliminates 75% of existing pressure from other Religions in the target city, Religious spread is triple strength in cities of other civilizations, Gains 3 extra spreads when moving adjacent to a natural wonder for the first time.

This would clean up the apostles roles in the map (I'm tired of looking for my combat ones which have the Debater promotion and the spreaders), make them way less spammable due to the GP points, and make the missionaries more useful. Yerevan bonus would need a rework, giving you Moksha ability of 2 promotions in any city. If maybe using the GP points for Apostles is a bit of mess due to the tracking, they should be a tier 3 religious unit that's EXTREMELY expensive, and the Holy Order belief should affect Zealots, not apostles.

Last edited:
Power from Power Plants extends, from improvements I think not, Hydroplant not so sure

I dont know, that look like too low. Bassicly Coal Plant is worste than factory then. I think Coal Plant gives you flat +4 and additional production on Industrial zone adjacency (so if adjacency is +4 it is total +8 in industrial zone if you build Coal Plant). But I think other district also get bonuses from power , thats what I didnt catch up.

That could be, it's not really clear. Keep in mind we've seen a few iterations of these buildings, so nothing is set in stone.

Need someone fluent in baguette to translate it.

I don't think your phrasing is going to elicit any volunteers.. :rolleyes: It's seriously not that funny after the dozenth time - and wasn't funny to begin with.

I don't think your phrasing is going to elicit any volunteers.. :rolleyes: It's seriously not that funny after the dozenth time - and wasn't funny to begin with.

If people without a sense of humor don't want to help out that's not going to bother me :)

Ces promotions sont interessantes... J'aime la cart espion... Quand sont-ils utilisable?

Moderator Action: This is an English language site, and a translation is required for any foreign language post. Please edit your post to add a translation. -- Browd

Oh dear.

These promotions are interesting. I like the spy card. When are they available?

Last edited:
If you ask me, describing languages with food or pastry is kinda funny. :p

I speak pretzel, toast, and a bit onigiri.

I'm also hungry now.

Do you speak sauerkraut?

Ces promotions sont interesssantes... J'aime la cart espion... Quand sont-ils utilisable?
They come from Cultural Hegemony, one of the new random future civics. So it's late late game.

Top Bottom