[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

INTERNATIONAL BAGUETTE STATION
"The space is too vast for a single civilization Let's work together to explore this universe."

Actions worth points:
* Completing the project "Astronaut Training"
* Build/Maintan (?) Spaceports
* Build/Maintain (?) Campuses

During this competition:
* Members have access to the project "Astronaut Training".

At the end of the allotted time, members will be rewarded according to their score:
Gold Level Rewards (for the highest score):
* +3 light-years per turn for the exoplanetary expedition.
Silver Level Rewards (for the first quarter of the scores):
* 50 diplomatic favors
* + 40% Production for space racing projects.
Bronze Level Rewards (for the next quarter of the scores):
* + 20% Production for space racing projects.
No reward (for zero scores or in the bottom half):

One thing I've learned from watching these videos is that germans play the game very, very, very slowly. That Writing Bull guy is on video 13 and still hasn't researched Iron Working. It's like watching paint dry. Literally.

One thing I've learned from watching these videos is that germans play the game very, very, very slowly. That Writing Bull guy is on video 13 and still hasn't researched Iron Working. It's like watching paint dry. Literally.

He in particular spends a lot of time talking.

Firaxis could've just given Giskler press access and we'd see screen-caps of "almost" everything already without him having to chug through 13 videos of Writing Bull.

So Germans play slowly, Canadians are blind and oblivious (and make me cringe at their placements and priorities), Frenchmen are Baguettes, Brits keep breaking the NDA and the Irish are surprisingly the best (but won't show you IZs).

EDIT: And the Poles go just abusing the game and inadvertently complaining about it.

INTERNATIONAL BAGUETTE STATION
"The space is too vast for a single civilization Let's work together to explore this universe."

Actions worth points:
* Completing the project "Astronaut Training"
* Build/Maintan (?) Spaceports
* Build/Maintain (?) Campuses

During this competition:
* Members have access to the project "Astronaut Training".

At the end of the allotted time, members will be rewarded according to their score:
Gold Level Rewards (for the highest score):

* +3 light-years per turn for the exoplanetary expedition.
Silver Level Rewards (for the first quarter of the scores):
* 50 diplomatic favors
* + 40% Production for space racing projects.
Bronze Level Rewards (for the next quarter of the scores):
* + 20% Production for space racing projects.
No reward (for zero scores or in the bottom half):

Winning is three times as useful as building your own special laser.

So Germans play slowly, Canadians are blind and oblivious (and make me cringe at their placements and priorities), Frenchmen are Baguettes, Brits keep breaking the NDA and the Irish are surprisingly the best (but won't show you IZs).
Polish aren't bad either (Marbozir) :)

14 videos of Writing Bull now and I think he only showed 2-3 turns. That x3 iron desert area looked fun to settle, but it'd take another 20 videos to get there with his new war.

Last edited:
Oh, I've just updated my post about Poles referring to him, I wasn't quite sure if he was Polish so I took a bit longer trying to figure it out. He's... ok, watchable, but he does complain about the game lots.

I think the cool part is that you can actively inhibit all those reductions

Just may take on the new science victory:

All those souls trying to escape their environmentally unsound home for the stars are being dragged down by their backwards neighbors because they wanted "first dibs" or higher record sales.

Hallyu: Your rock band can choose any promotion.

That's very culturally specific. Hallyu is a direct reference to K-Pop; it's the Korean word for the Korean Wave, which not only consists of K-Pop, but also Korean dramas and/or anything culturally related to Korea. To be fair though Wisselbanken was the name of the Dutch Central Bank in the 16th (?) or 17th century.

I know this because the Philippines hit by the hallyu far earlier than other parts of the word. The waves hit our shores as early as 2000. In three years, most of the country was underwater. In ten years it was completely submerged.

I didn't know he was Polish. He sounded more Russian than Polish. Most Poles I am familiar with don't speak like that when they speak English.

Top Bottom