1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Looks like Cyrus should have voted for himself. At least Canada would have been denied.

2. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

It's AI.... Did anyone really believe AI would be able to handle such a non-straightforward voting system?

3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Ironically I played as Rome one time and built a Roman Fort right next to it and camped out a legion there for most of the game, not knowing I made an unofficial Pa years before.

Zaarin likes this.
  4. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

This was identified as an issue as soon as we saw the World Congress previews.

It may be equally random for the player to navigate. First you have to guess whether the AI will vote A or B. Unless there are tells or they always vote the same way, this will be a coin toss.

If you guess right, then you can get things to go your way by having the most votes within whichever of A or B was successful. I don't think there was any realistic chance that the AI would vote other than naively (i.e. always for themselves). At least in this system you may not know exactly how many votes the AI may buy. That counts as a positive if you're okay with the player not always getting their way, as a negative if you don't like randomness.

5. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Would be less realistic though, as is evidenced by some of the madness that passes the world governance body.
    Spoiler :
    DiploVictoryCthulhu.jpg

Kjimmet, Zaarin and Haig like this.
  6. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

You can get strategic resources from goody huts. Interesting. Potato Mcwhiskey was trying to figure out where the got 30 horses, I just saw one of the French guys getting 20 iron from a goody hut, so that answer it.

7. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I would imagine not. This looks like a nightmare for multiplayer. Yikes.
    I mean the dynamic of any given game is enough, but then add in the supra interpersonal alliances between the players before the game even starts. Shake head :dunno:.

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Of course Cyrus is voting the same way, that's how Quill knew he would vote for B. The one somewhat balancer is that Cyrus will get his diplomatic favor returned, and he keeps getting more and more. So eventually Cyrus should be able to win a diplomatic victory vote and lower Quill's diplomatic victory points by 1. But at that point he will be back to 0 favor.

9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Unless he's using the Rabblerousing policy that gives a 50% return for removing Diplo Victory points.

10. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Yuck. This voting system is horrendously counterintuitive.

11. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Prince

They fixed the Netherlands colors. It looks great now.

Kjimmet, oedali, acluewithout and 6 others like this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's probably an alternate jersey.

Hawke9, rattatatouille and Zaarin like this.
  13. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Era restriction removed on Skyscrapers.

14. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

15. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

All Era restrictions were lifted, all policy cards now simply "add on" to the length of time, so yous till have to work through to get those bonuses but no longer have to worry about obseleting or delaying.

So the Tier I, II III simply add the first 2, second 2 and third 2 eras but cover all previous eras.

16. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

Thank God for that.

17. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

Finally know the production cost for them! I knew it was going to be above normal, but +15 production and -1GPT is not bad at all.

They scaled back the GPT from 3 to 2 since the Inca live-stream which was needed.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  18. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I don't find the voting system counterintuitive at all. It makes sense. You vote for a resolution (aim for voting blocs or understanding the others' designs) and then you vote for a target or outcome.

However I do find that in a few cases, most importantly the diplomatic victory point award, it will be far easier to exploit the system as the AI is predictably going to vote for themselves.

So this will be a problem.

I think a better alternative for these particular votes would be to SPLIT the votes rather than have them done at the same time. First you vote for a resolution. Then you get back the results and vote on the target/outcome.

It's the same idea in practice... just decouple the resolution and target.

However I can see this being exploited into ALWAYS rejecting a diplomatic victory.

Elhoim likes this.
  19. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Woohoo! :woohoo:That was one of the stupidest little quirks in the game. Didn't have to deal with it often, but it was super annoying when I did.

Hmm... I was under the impression that my allies would complain when I took artifacts. But I can't recall specific instances, maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. :think:

20. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

The way I imagine it, an uproar is raised geopolitically or popularly, and the world won't be satisfied without some sort of conclusion, one way or another.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.