[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

So it was interesting to see the AIs banding together to make Quill lose a Diplo Victory point. I think he was at 7/10 at that point, so winning would have taken him to 9/10. Maybe they've programmed a threshold at which the AI attempts to stop the player from winning. Now, with the way the system is designed, they spent all their diplo favour, while Quill kept his, so he can easily win the points on the next World Congress, but nevertheless that managed to delay his victory at least for a bit, while they're slowly pursuing their own.

I am glad to see that the Diplo victory is not going to be a complete steamroll, although we'll have to wait and see how it plays out consistently when we get our hands on the game.
Spoiler :
Diplo.jpg

I'm glad to see that, I'm not that far in right now. Just started #10. I was concerned in my earlier post about him being able to guess the voting, and game the system.

I just discovered those dots and arrow on the bottom right of the screen signify what era you are in and how many are left in the game. Quill who goes so fast and often overlooks things noticed this and I didn't. :D And here I thought that was just generic interface artwork.

Absolutely a few examples of "our" bright orange madness from Kingsday (National Holliday):

Do all Dutch embrace this now, or just those from Holland?

Also. Machine Guns shooting over Units is silly.

So is Archers shooting over other units.

I actually think all ranged units should be 1. It would limit their usefulness of course. But they would still fill a niche as city defenders, defenders in encampments and forts.

It would give them their historical usefulness. Plus it would be easier for the AI to handle. You just need to give them a bonus against the first unit to attack them each turn.

It would give them their historical usefulness. Plus it would be easier for the AI to handle. You just need to give them a bonus against the first unit to attack them each turn.

Maybe combine all these suggestions? All ranged units would then have:
-Range 1
-Range+1 if in a district or fort
-"First Strike", where the ranged unit gets one "hit" in when defending against any attack

That way, they're still useful, ideally set up from an encampment, but still very vulnerable.

View attachment 516903View attachment 516904

Here's the full power plant for analysis.

- Coal in this case was in a tile with +3 adjacency and a double adjacency card, so it became +6 production. It's local production only. Heavy CO2 creator.
- Oil has +3 (which is a small downgrade from Vanilla +4), but that bonus is spread to several cities. Moderate CO2.
- Nuclear has +4, like vanilla and +3 science, with both bonuses spread to cities. Also, it generates A LOT of power, basically, 4 times more than the others, and practically doesn't affect the atmosphere. Needs regular maintenance.

As some have pointed out, it seems you could potentially have a city with a coal plant (+6 let's say), which can be affected by an oil and a nuclear plant, which gives +7 more production and +3 science.
I'm figuring with the name of the expansion, GATHERING Storm, and the lack of a future tech fusion power plant, the only thing in the way of a 3rd expansion is poor sales.

Not all dutch. I’m an introvert person. You would not see me wear an orange tshirt. I would say about 60% of the dutch. The biggest crowds are usually in the largest cities and the activities around our royal family somewhere in the netherlands. Elderly people could follow what is going on in front of their tv. I think by Holland you mean our 2 provinces in “randstad”? We dont often use the term “Holland” in the netherlands. Its just a thing for foreigners who get confused about the dutch, netherlands and holland. And use it when it is convenient in the wrong places. When it makes no sense.

So Calgary seems to be generating culture and tourism for its great works that are underwater. :crazyeye: Perhaps the tourists are just using scuba gear to dive to observe the great theater square of Calgary.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This is the way of celebrating Kingsday (the kings birthday) on april 27 and before Willem-Alexander, Queensday on april 30 during Beatrix and Juliana's reign and august 31 during Wilhelmina's (first time was in 1885 celebrating her fifth birthday).
This takes place in the whole Kingdom of the Netherlands including all the Caribbean islands, not just the two Holland provinces. Every Town, city, island or village celebrates it. Loads of orange everywhere.
Though the biggest party is mostly in Amsterdam, when we have nice weather the population at leasts doubles during that day. All the above pictures where taken in Amsterdam I believe.

During Beatrix's reign she kept it on her mothers birthday because she had her birthday (january 31) in the middle of winter which would be to cold for all the outdoor festivities.

How can something underwater be on fire ? They should of come up with something different for flooded districts.

I feel like the AI is building far too many solar collector improvements. Although not owing the game, I can't say for sure how many is too many. I feel like their cities will suffer in growth and production. I didn't screenshot it, but I saw quite a few over by Kongo in Quill's game. Though many were desert, and that is understandable. Being in fog of war, I'm not sure all the terrain it was on.

He could have used some kind of a cheat sheet to help him pay attention to the new stuff.

Like the civilpedia. :) I noticed he stopped that video short so he could look at the civilpedia for ski resort since he didn't know what they did.

The civilpedia restriction really was kind of silly since some people purposely or inadvertently showed civilpedia on several streams already. They should have did something else to block Eleanor.

Also. Machine Guns shooting over Units is silly.
So is Archers shooting over other units.

Why is shooting arrows over units silly? Movies always make it seem like firing a mass of arrows over a front line into a mass of people is quite effective. And we all know movies are always 100% historically accurate :p

But I don't see why that wouldn't work in real life. And shooting machine guns up in the air, while probably not effective against any modern military, seems like it could be dangerous as well if you aren't in a vehicle or protected by anything overhead.

Last edited:
How can something underwater be on fire ? They should of come up with something different for flooded districts.

It wasn't actually underwater in my above screenshot. It was only flooded. I forgot that's the first stage. So now in Quill's #11 video it is completely submerged (and looks pretty much like a coast tile and you can't see the theater square). It appears he did lose his tourism since it dropped from over 400 to 369, I'm still waiting for him to open up the great works tab.

I'm happy enough with that. You still get your bonus when flooded, just not when submerged.

I am impressed that Quill18 built several Neighborhoods and hasn't had Partisans problems.
That IS impressive. I build ONE neighborhood per game right now for the era score and police it with its own neighborhood-watch-spy because of the AI's obsessiveness with spamming partisans (though my recently finished Gorgo game it only happened about twice, and I killed/caught the other few spies that tried so the AI actually stopped terrorizing that city).

That IS impressive. I build ONE neighborhood per game right now for the era score and police it with its own neighborhood-watch-spy because of the AI's obsessiveness with spamming partisans (though my recently finished Gorgo game it only happened about twice, and I killed/caught the other few spies that tried so the AI actually stopped terrorizing that city).

Spies guard adjacent districts as well, so feel free to make more and clump them together.

See something, say something. Rat out your neighbor.

So it was interesting to see the AIs banding together to make Quill lose a Diplo Victory point. I think he was at 7/10 at that point, so winning would have taken him to 9/10. Maybe they've programmed a threshold at which the AI attempts to stop the player from winning. Now, with the way the system is designed, they spent all their diplo favour, while Quill kept his, so he can easily win the points on the next World Congress, but nevertheless that managed to delay his victory at least for a bit, while they're slowly pursuing their own.

I am glad to see that the Diplo victory is not going to be a complete steamroll, although we'll have to wait and see how it plays out consistently when we get our hands on the game.

So, I'm not completely clear on how the voting works but in that screenshot it looks like Canada has 900+ diplomatic favor but only placed 9 votes in favor of him getting 2 victory points. Couldn't he have spent enough favor to guarantee a win on that vote? Reaching 9 out of 10 victory points seems well worth spending most or all of your favor.

How very useful. :rolleyes: Well, at least I can still stuff it into a national park. :p
Actually I had a war with a barbarian encampment not but a few tiles from it in the early stages of a more recent game and it was QUITE useful then! :p

Top Bottom