ljosofar advice, orthus pickle

PaintItBlue

Chieftain
Hello long time lurker,
I was looking for some advice on how to dislodge orthus on a wooded tile? He will not attack to reduce his str. Do I need to just spam about 5 hunters and play the numbers game? I don;t want to deviate to a military tech yet. I am trying to get AH so i can tame the mass of bears and also see horses for incoming settler, then i want to get the FOL tech. Also any other advice on what to expect for the ai's on this map. I did get lucky in that 2 of the civs are cut off by a 1 tile wide peak !!

this game is being played in .33 e if the patches matter

thanks, one confuse noob

wicked mod btw ty ty

Attachments

• LJSOFAR ffh2 AD-0114 quickest way to disloadge orthus and still go for FOL religion.CivBeyondSwordSa
    72.5 KB · Views: 61
Do you actually need to dislodge him?
Also, my advice, is to get FoL first. Fawns will do pretty good against him with their 30% forest modifier (will at least do a bit more than cancel the forest bonus).

Seriously though, I rarely kill him via a forced attack, since it gives him tile defense, and doesn't give ME tile defense.

If you wait long enough, he'll eventually attack your cities. A handful of units fortified in such a city will end him.

I had to chase Orthus around for a while once. All he wanted to do was pillage my lands. Most annoying. I was preparing to invade my neighbors at the time, so I had a good deal of warriors on hand. I'd fortify on tiles near by him and was eventually able to funnel him towards a city where he attacked. It's interesting though, as it used to be that he would just charge. All the barbs used to be that way. Not sure when they got so bloddy clever.

I ended up quit that game due to poor city placement, I forgot the imprtance of brewery needing riverside for happiness.

But I do have another question, what does the march of the forest spell do? The civelopedia doesn;t say exactly.

Also now the game i am going to finish i picked 2 evil, doveillo and clan of embers, 2 good E the white and sabat. of bannor. My civ is Amel. of ljosfar , no prearranged alliances but its currently me and E the white against doveillo at war, future plans for clan of embers war.

I totally haved bannor choked off at the end of a pangea, allowing open borders now @~120 turns because the barbs have settled my little peninsula, if he brings a stack i will make a move on barbs. Thinking of warring with bannor for paced exp since clan/doviello are at other end on continent.

But I do have another question, what does the march of the forest spell do? The civelopedia doesn;t say exactly.

It's my understanding that all forests within your borders turn into treants, who last for five turns. At the end of five turns they disappear, but place a forest on the tile they're on if it's possible.

It's my understanding that all forests within your borders turn into treants, who last for five turns. At the end of five turns they disappear, but place a forest on the tile they're on if it's possible.

All the ancient forests in your borders turn into treants and change into new forests (you lose the ancient forest bonuses). And yea, at the end of the 5 turns, if the tile is empty the treant changes into a new forest.

Top Bottom