LK87, World Map, Russia, Deity

the one I sent was not defended because I didnt think about there being subs around.

However almost all the chinese subs was nuclear subs.. and those has stealth attack (and can attack transports inside stacks protected by destroyers). I have no clue if AIs will use stealth attack to kill off transports?

No attempt has been made to get across. I have noticed to many ships floating around and have been having problems even building up a naval stack.

We may be able to end the chinese war and sail across. 4 modern Armor armies might do it, we would want at least 5 transports for armies and the worker and probably a settler.

If worse comes to worse we can rush them by disbanding units. I just hate to do that.

We may not be able to do it in time. Its worth a shot though. We may want to end the Chinese war soon if we can and set out.

----------------------------

I have sometimes found that a big enough stack of boats is often not attacked. This is what I was envisioning trying. Get 4-5 Destroyers together along with a bunch of transports. It can be hard to tell, but this does often work. I am not quite sure how the AI calculates whether to attack a stack, but somtimes it just won't attack. It may be based on an easier target.

Greebley said:
We may want to end the Chinese war soon if we can and set out.
I don't think we can end the China war anything soon. China could easily pump out another space ship if we don't keep up the pressure. Not to mention that they would then swallow Germany whole and get that much stronger. They are still producing way too much military a turn at this point.

Greebley said:
I have sometimes found that a big enough stack of boats is often not attacked. This is what I was envisioning trying. Get 4-5 Destroyers together along with a bunch of transports.
That is what I was trying to work on. Of course, one of the naval cities was Stockholm that got nuked.

We still have the debate about launching in a handful of turns. With the Chinese space ship gone we are guaranteed a launch.

Does it makes sense to build 9/10 of the space ship and hold off on the last until we know for sure the Argeninian situation?

I will better be able to judge when you complete your turns and can see the game to voice whether we have a domination shot.

If we have taken out Apollo from China it will be a bit before they can start again.

Does Argentina have all 10 required techs yet?

1778 AD
Throw Away is formed. I simply don't have the units to defending it with. However, with China at 6(9) on space parts I need to attack now.

It seems like all the Chinese naval activity is near Spain. I sink a BB thanks to some artillery support and a DD thanks to some ship bombardment.

I kill a few stray MA.

Another ICBM is rushed. I really want to end the ability of China to nuke us.

This one is simply an army, as I need someplace to put the named elites.

I really hope keeping the dam doesn't turn out to be major weed. We don't have enough mech infantry to safely defend the front lines as it is. Since the rear cities are empty we could suffer a cascading city capture. We did at least get 2 artillery pieces and 2 workers from it.

:wallbash: All 25 citizens are resistors. :wallbash:

Map Stat gives is an 85% flip possibility. :eek:

(IT) Former Persia is an unsafe zone for healing troops. Bomber hit Sidon and Gordium. We LOST a Cossack army that was bombed out of existence.

Our mobile SAMS shoot down a couple more bombers. :)

We complete our 7th space part.

We get notice of Argentina completing there first and second parts.

I heard nukes fly, but we didn't get hit.

We lost 3 conscripts in Beijing, but the city held.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK87-1780AD.zip

1780 AD
Irkutsk is formed to cut on India from China. I see the next push to be taking out India and the silks source.

I kill another nuke sub that sunk a cruiser.

I hit Calcutta with a tactical nuke to take another source of Uranium off-line. I drop an ICBM between New Bremen and New Nuremberg, as that is another source of Uranium. China still has at least one more source.

Add one more artillery piece and 9 more workers.

This was one of those rare times I would have liked to take the city.

We gain another 8 workers.

This is yet another ICBM to take our Chinese Uranium sources.

I add 7 more workers to our labor pool.

We add another 3 workers, and take out the primary source of Chinese Silks.

We gained another 4 workers.
I am shocked how fast India fell. Of course, it is easier to take out cities that are behind your lines. There is no way I could have left all the exposed troops if I was fighting in China.

I form a temporary silks colony to fix city happiness.

====================

Summary:
IMHO lets launch and end this game. We have 7 parts completed and 2 I/P. China has the last needed tech of robotics, and we will get it next turn.
I would rather start a new world map game; then invest quite a few more turns to try for domination. We could still fail to achieve domination.

I think the mobilization debate is over. With cities getting nukes we can't afford to lose the ability to build infrastructure.

If Beijing starts flipping too much - RAZE it. I am still debating if I screwed up big as we can't afford the loss of units in the flip.

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley (currently playing)
M60A3TTS (on deck)
Meldor
Gyathaar

Remember 5 to 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

I still don't understand the urge to launch. I would rather lose the game than launch if it came to that. Put everything to building a samll fleet and get some armies and a worker over there and lets go. We took out China's threat in less than 15 turns. Don't launch early unless you all are just tired of playing the game.

meldor said:
I would rather lose the game than launch if it came to that.
I would rather win by space then suffer yet another loss in the LK series. I have suffered to many losses recently.

meldor said:
Put everything to building a small fleet and get some armies and a worker over there and let's go.
Where to you even want to land? The only open borders are in North America. Airfields *WILL* be attacked even with armies sitting on them.

There is little prospect to stop a launch from Argentina. They are only short robotics and the only way we get by the Chinese navy is to make peace with them. And even then we would almost certainly have to do an airfield exploit in the Americas.

Preturn: Things look decent... (switch Zurich to not complete its build next turn.

IBT: ... except I missed the sacrificial artillery (a bunch of artillery within easy reach of speed 3 units, one per square). I should have checked the preturn better. Won't effect our win though (in 2 I hope), and actually the artillery is not even disbanded. We can take them back. We lose the silk colony as well and get some riots.

Beijing almost falls. It holds on by a single 1 hp conscript Mech.

1782 AD: Use the settler to block off Chinese access to our silk colonies. Wake up all artillery and upgrade it. A few tech trades for cash to do so.
Capture Nanking, Xingjan, Ta-tu, and Kaifeng 2. I don't raze because I want the borders pushed back. I switch Zurich to the final part.

IBT: Argentina adds 3 more parst to their spaceship (total 5) not that it matters. We build our 8th.

1784 AD: We have 150 Radar Artillery. I have fun with its ability to move and shoot to red-line Chinese cities before attacking.
Capture New Nanking 2, Canton, Anyang, Chengdu, Baruun-Urt, Macao (destroy Macao and build our own town), New Canton 2, Chittagong, Shantung 2, and Calcutta. I also plant settlers. If the game was going to last longer I would have replaced the towns captured last turn. Size 33 Nanking will be a bit of a flip risk in the IBT :D

IBT:Finish up the Spaceship and Launch. No flips BTW.

For fun, I printed a "Before" and "After" of china's core showing the power of Radar Artillery + Modern Armor Armies The best part is that the armies are barely injured doing this and can do it again next turn (forest and such slow you of course). Too bad they occur so late in the game.

Not that the war mattered of course. I could have just declared peace for the same result. Modern war can be fun though. It might be interesting to go back and do the domination win.

Here is the turn before launch

Sorry, didn't read your post in time. I am of the opinion that we could have stopped the launch if we wanted to. Even the final save I posted it might be possible. Rush 4 transports (draft and disband). Make peace with China (replace all those flip cities) and send all our Modern Armor Armies across. Nuke the capitol if necessary before attacking. If you also ally the Iroquois vs the Argentinians, I almost guarantee our stack wouldn't be attacked. In 8 turns we could have ended the Argentinian threat. The only question would have been if Argentina would launch in 8. We could have also used sabatage production. My guess is that we had about a 90% chance of stopping the launch - Just a guess though.

For myself I find space an acceptable end. Of course I don't have the tradition of a Domination win from previous maps.

Sorry if I played too early before everyone could voice an opinion. Three ayes on space and I went ahead.

Burn China to the Bering Sea, make peace. Ferry the armies across there with RoP with the Iroquois then establish an airfield/city when we can. MA armies and Radar Arty we could have driven right down Mexico, Central and South America in a matter of turns. Look at how fast we took out China and they started up 400 units on us. A fear of pulling the trigger has made this one a tougher game than it ever should have been. Something that has become all too common in SGs. Where is Charis when we need him?

I think I will have to pass playing the next one. Time has gotten shorter for me recently.

I know what you mean, Meldor. In this game, I was nervous about declaring war on Germany and it turned out that the war actually was pretty easy as far as wars go. We could have done it turns earlier. I think in other games I have played recently would have been easier with earlier warfare as well.

Apologies again for not waiting for your opinion in this game on the win. I agree that domination was/is possible.

Top Bottom