LK88 - Large RaR, mystery civ.

preturn: TOW kill some unit in our territory. We are at 57% land.

(1)1872AD: Sioux's new capital is in a shabby location so I leave it alone.

Find fortified artillery..wake them up.

Capture Crozny, Shoshone, Santee.

I find a lot of fortified workers..wake them up. We still need to (rail)road to the Sioux cities.

Capture Chumphon, raze Ulundi with Sun Tzu's, capture Intombe, New Babylon, Zimbabwe (with Sphinx), Ngome.

I lower lux to 10.

IBT Little Bighorn flips.

(2)1874AD: raze Little Bighorn and replace with Tumbes.

Capture New Ur, Bapedi, Tell Willaya, Nina, Samarra, Shuruppak, Akkad, Mpondo, Ashur, Ur.

We are already 68%.

I make peace with China and take Bactra and Gordium.

Capture Uruk. We are 69%.

One word: worker sacrifice really helps domination.

Compare with two turns ago:

SAVE

One word: worker sacrifice really helps domination.
Why do you think I had a stack of workers waiting to sacrifice? ;)

I find a lot of fortified workers..wake them up. We still need to (rail)road to the Sioux cities.
This was exactly what they were fortified for. I was waking them up to rail as needed.

I knew the Sioux were hurt after 2 turns of massive tank slaughter. However, just 2 turns really surpised me.

Another RaR win. :D
Expect more RaR at some point. I still need to close more games before starting a new one.

Good work team. We pulled this one out when it looked kind of bleak. This one was a lot of fun.

Congrats on a hard-fought victory! :thumbsup: I promised Romeo I'd post results from the parallel game I played (mistakenly thinking this thread had been left for dead in 640AD), so we could compare playstyles and results.

Instead of going for more territory, I went for more productive cities and a better econ, revolting to Demo and playing 5CC for about 500 years. The Sioux and Babylon helpfully started cpaturing Greek cities at this point. They would continue all the way through Carthage and China (eventually eliminating China!) as the game progressed.

I would follow along settling cities in the gaps and rushing culture. Got about 10 good cities this way. I eventually did declare on Carthage to get a GA while they were occupied with the Sioux and took a grand total of three cities, although an important one was the southern city with iron and gold. Mostly did self-research on widely-known techs, eventually catching up to the Greeks and Russians at a 4/5-turn rate. Decided to settle for diplo win, as the goal was only to determine if position was winnable, but had the econ to pursue other win conditions. Pics follow.

Top Bottom