LK99, RaR - 5CCC+, Deity

Greebley said:
The Ottomans built Mugla right next to our capitol. I assume if it flips we have to reject it? (I think it more likely we will raze it before then).
A flipped city clearly violates All cities must be native built.

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley
Microbe (currently playing)
Sanabas (on deck)
ThERat

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Previous players credit toward city #6: 0

We must count the number of cities we raze. When the number of razed cities exceeded the number of cities we have we may build another city. After that the razed city count resets to zero.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build our 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.
NOTE: We can't capture cities! All cities must be native built.
Our city count can't ever exceed the amount allowed for even a millisecond.

preturn: so the goal is to build GL.

MM capital to get growth in one turn.

530BC: Hmm, we can also build Silk Road in 10 turns..but I guess GL is more important.

IBT France completes Shangr La. Ottomans complete Silk Road.

490BC: Ottomans demand 20g, I cave. Just notice France already has Lit.

450BC: Literature in, Great Library in 8 turns. Set to Dark Ages in 4 turns.

IBT Ottoman lost one town to France.

430BC: give Russia 20g.

410BC: I starve capital a bit to get GL in 5 turns.

390BC: Set lux to 40 and sci to 0. GL is in the bag.

IBT Adyin is destroyed by France. :( Our GA ended.

370BC: France starts Great Library. Russia starts Voyage of Discovery.

350BC: GL in 3 turns. After that we should build more military and declare on Ottomans.

We are seriously short of workers. We need to introduce irrigation to Silk Town to let it grow.

I've been building harbors. We need to trade with the AI. But you can switch if you think the route isn't safe anyway.

When GL comes in don't forget to adjust the lux. Also upgrade workers when we get techs.

Attachments

• LK99-350BC.zip
    235.1 KB · Views: 80
Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley
Microbe
Sanabas (currently playing)
ThERat (on deck)

We must count the number of cities we raze. When the number of razed cities exceeded the number of cities we have we may build another city. After that the razed city count resets to zero.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build our 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.

I took a look at the game. I can't believe how bad our economy is. 40% luxuries results in NO spare cash.
Our #1 problem is lack of workers and improved tiles. Teno is using 2 tiles without roads, Teot 4 tiles, Tlat 1 tile, and Silk Town 1 tile being fixed.

TGs don't require support, but everything else does. We are at 9 of 10 allowed units. This is downright ugly. Gearing up for war may bankrupt us. While I agree getting a war started is important, if we don't get more Bazaars built we will collapse economically.

If we start a war we had better get some workers. The trouble is we don't even have the cash to upgrade our slaves for a mere $27.

What we really, really need is some marketplaces. They give happy help and economy help. Unfortunately they're not available, and there's no gold available to trade. We haven't revolted yet, I held off for a couple of extra units to get built. I think that was probably a mistake with hindsight, although not a particularly costly one. We want to revolt soon though, our economy needs it.

350BC: All good

330, 310: zzz

290: Build Great Library, declare on Ottomans

270: We get Democracy, Elephant Training, Horse Breeding, Mounted Archery, Athletics, Invention, Lateen Sail, Naval Spirit, Stirrup, Theology, Vassalage, Warrior Code, Milling, Clockworks & Scientific Method
Lose 2 jags and a sword attacking ankara, kill 2 units and get 2 slaves

250: We learn feudalism & fundamentalism, I sell off our worker housings
Lose 1 more Jag, kill ankara's last unit, get another slave. Auto-raze Ankara

230: Completing a harbour gave us a trade route, I send wool & olive oil to france for 460 gold, I spend the cash upgrading all our cataphracts to knights, all our slaves/workers to peasants, and some of our tgs/spears to eagle knights (pikemen)

210: England & Ottomans embargo us
It had slipped my mind that hardy colonists can found cities on marsh. France founds Poitiers on the marsh SW of canal city, which immediately gives us some flip-risk.
Knights kill 2 units in Mugla, no losses. Auto-raze Mugla

190: We get Crop Rotation, Alchemy & Engineering

170: India extort 8 gold

150: zzz

Previous Credits: 0
Razes: 2
Current Credits: 2

Ottomans are down to 5 cities, we may be able to get 1 or 2 before France finishes them. They will give us 2 workers for a peace treaty if we want to revolt and gear up for france instead. Actually they'll give us 2 or 3 cities for peace, but that is not allowed for us in this game.

I think republic is better. Higher unit support and it should have the commerce bonus like democracy[unless it was change in 1.04]. It doesn't have cash rushing, but I think that is ok.

[Edit: Mostly republic is 1 gold per unit instead of 3 gold per unit when you are over. We will have fewer cities so cannot afford the 3 gold per.

oh well, greebley, I did not read your comment and revolted to get democracy.but we are religious and can easily change

save

Pre-Turn
we want to get those Ottoman towns before it is too late, change Canal town to trading ship in 2
btw why are we stil in monarchy :eek: revolt immediately (IMHO we should have done that immediately after getting democracy, what a waste)

IT Ottoman down to 3 cities

1.130BC
zzzzz

IT we are a democracy now

2.110BC
at 20% lux we now make 28gpt, not too bad

IT Germans demand engineering and we are at war with them, they are really far off. we get usury

3. 90BC
Ottoman down to 2 cities

IT we get scholasticism

4. 70BC
send our trading ship to maybe get that 1 Ottoman town left

5. 50BC
Tenochtilan town clock -> the academy in 4

IT heraldry via GL1

6. 30BC
zzzz

IT well, France has just destroyed the Ottoman :(

7. 10BC
bad news, next turn we will get education, speed up our min run on castle building in 2, let's hope it's a monopoly

IT education is in

8. 10AD
zzzz

IT we get castle building
go into the big picture before the AI start trading possibly (I learned to do that to avoid monopoly techs being traded beforehand sometimes and here at least 1 AI is doing 2 turn research currently)
get 500g from France, 100g from Russia (it's so low, suspect them to have gotten it afterwards anyway)
get The academy

9.30AD
India, Russia and France know astronomy and guilds
go for siege warfare in 3

10. 50AD
continue to build up research abilities, I do not think we can take on France,
but we also do NOT need to support their strength by giving them 2 luxes :nono: we should instead deal with others
Zulu are going to settle a second town in our territory, they might be just the right victim for us

Sanabas said:
They will give us 2 workers for a peace treaty if we want to revolt and gear up for France instead.
Well I was going to comment to take the workers and peace, but it is to late.

ThERat said:
IT Germans demand engineering and we are at war with them
Who cares if the are far away? Alliances are getting close.

Summary:
Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Greebley
Microbe
Sanabas
ThERat (currently playing)

Current players credit toward city #6: 2 - Ankara, and Mugla. This is from Sanabas
Final credit toward city #6: 2

For example:

Roster is wrong LK, ThERat has already played.

Agree, not revolting ASAP was a mistake, I put it off to get extra units for the Ottomans, but they turned out to be unnecessary. France was our only available trade route when we built our first harbour, and they were the only one with surplus cash, which was needed for upgrades. I wouldn't want to supply them with luxes long term, but it was worth it for 20 turns.

and they were the only one with surplus cash, which was needed for upgrades. I wouldn't want to supply them with luxes long term, but it was worth it for 20 turns
understand that motive, actually it will be dangerous to trade with others in case France attacks us, the trade routes might be broken.

Who cares if the are far away? Alliances are getting close
well, France is eating up all the money in the world and I wonder how Germany would be able to pull them into an alliance against us without any money or techs.
EDIT: and currently nobody has the required tech to form alliances, thus I gathered the risk was rather low

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Greebley (on deck)
Microbe
Sanabas
ThERat

A clarification based on Greebley's question. The addition is in italics.

We may initially build a maximum of 5 cities. After that the plus rules take effect.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build out 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.

The right to the number of cities is never reduced. If we lose city #7, we can rebuild city #7. Remember - we can't capture cities including our own if lost.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK99-250AD.zip

50 AD
I am surprised that Germany still won't talk. I want to end the phony war.

Thanks to all of the captured labor we now have a decent worker force.

I demand the Zulu leave our territory and they do!

70 AD
The Zulu wimps again leave our territory. I simply declare war to get one more to the razed count along with a decent amount of free labor.

I kill a settler for 2 more workers.

90 AD
I give Siege Warfare to France for Astronomy and $125.
I give Siege Warfare and $40 to India for Chivalry.
I sign peace with Germany given them Siege Warfare and Chivalry for Guilds and $12. This phony war is over.
I really hate the war happiness feature. I had no idea I would have to up luxuries to 20%.
I sell Siege Warfare to Russia for $210.

We are back at tech parity.

110 AD
Well I am glad I didn't guess architecture as the next tech as 3 civs suddenly have it.

I join 2 native workers to Silk Town to increase its size, and to reduce unit costs. Democracy really sucks with 3 gpt per unit over the limit.

130 AD
(IT) France completes Leos for 2 free techs.

150 AD
(IT) India completes the Temple of Zeus for happy help that will go obsolete shortly.

170 AD
Umfolozi is burned to the ground for $0 and 4 more workers.

230 AD
I sign a straight peace treaty with the Zulu, and they had nothing to offer.
(IT) France declares war on India.
India completes Chichen Itza that is about to expire.

250 AD
We get another monopoly tech of gunpowder.
I give France Gunpowder, wm and $65 for Printing Press, Architecture, and wm.
I give India Gunpowder for Banking and wm.
I give Russia Gunpowder, wm and $150 for Navigation.
Germany must be researching Gunpowder. I simply sell it to them for $220. I wasn't ready to give up all are gold for just 1 tech.

==========================

Summary:
Lack of gold is hurting us. I would like to build tollhouses and guildhalls. Banks to get to the central bank and interest require that resource.

I don't know if we can pull Smith's off this game, but I still would like to try. If nothing else, I really don't want France to have it.

I am working irrigation toward Silk Town. I also have irrigation heading to canal city so that I get trade one gold of the water for a shield on the plains. We need to increase our production.

I suspect the next couple of wars will also be short to raze one or two cities in our area.

Our target government IMHO is Absolute Monarchy. That is the ultimate war mongering government. It also gives us Estates General to get a Colossus effect in the capitol.

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)
Sanabas
ThERat

Previous players credit toward city #6: 2
Current players credit toward city #6: Umfolozi for +1
Final credit toward city #6: 3

We may initially build a maximum of 5 cities. After that the plus rules take effect.
For example:
We razed 6 cities. We build out 6th city. We must then raze another 7 cities (total of 13) for the right to build the 7th city.
The right to the number of cities is never reduced. If we lose city #7, we can rebuild city #7. Remember - we can't capture cities including our own if lost.

Did you get us a a gold resource? I didn't think we had one and we can't build toll houses until we do (at least I couldn't on my turns). That is the biggest reason I was worried about our economy last time I played. We couldn't build any of the gold producing buildings.

I got it.

[Edit: I would also like to switch to republic for the lower unit cost. I think we need units in this game.]

Well I am glad I didn't guess architecture as the next tech as 3 civs suddenly have it.
I luckily chose siege warfare, but honestly, that's an issue I start to dislike about RaR. If you are lucky, you can stay in the tech game. If by chance you start to select the wrong techs, you end up miles behind. And that has got nothing to do with great play, a lot with mere luck.

I would also like to switch to republic for the lower unit cost.
Again, my apologies for not selecting republic. I totally forgot about unit support :sad:

Greebley said:
Did you get us a a gold resource?
No civ has a spare right now. Now if the Zulu would connect there extra...

$50 in interest with the Central Bank would be awesome for a low city game.

Top Bottom