Lo5 01 - The Puppetmaster

Are you sure they'll build the SS parts? I have a better idea that is foolproof. You can build the UN, can't you?

1220(0): First of all let's correct my mistake
lose sipahi capturing Verulamium
capture Mycenae without loss
take out another rifle
make sure cities are adequately protected
10% lux, some MM
abandon Eretria to avoid WW

IBT: renegogiate spice deal with Carthage: give furs, ivory, 20gpt
America, Spain sign embargo against us
lose 3 sipahi and a few workers 2 were protecting

1230(1): now there's WW, lux to 20%
do a few upgrades
kill some Spainards, recapture workers
capture Pamplona, capture Zaragoza losing one sipahi

IBT: Carthage, Spain sign MA against us
we lose spices, so riots abound (or rather one, and several that are fixed)

1240(2): lux to 30%
lose sipahi autorazing Vitoria
kill a couple of crusaders

IBT: learn medicine, start on scientific method

1250(3): kill a conquistador

IBT: Germany, Carthage sign embargo against us

1255(4): get 83g from Spain for peace
lux to 10%

IBT: Spain starts Shakespeare, Universal Suffrage
Germany starts Shakespeare

1260(5): zzz

IBT: Carthage drops off 4 units by Aden (old Arab island

1265(6): kill 2 Carthaginian units, abandon Aden; Fustat should be savable

IBT: One of Carthage's units dies, they drop off a longbowman on main continent

1270(7): kill 2 Carthaginians
Now I've got a frigate, so an invasion will head off next turn; killed a galley

IBT: learn scientific method, start on corporation

1275(8): troops start towards Carthage

1280(9): zzz

1285(10): found Riza

Notes: Edrine is a prebuild for Hoover
I've left the landing locations for you to decide; the spices will be nice to get
Carthage has a little more than half our culture, so capturing should be safe

Attachments

• LO5_1_1285_AD.SAV
    210 KB · Views: 102
  • L05_1285AD.JPG
    L05_1285AD.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 101
Wow... sorry for dying out on you guys for a few months!

My mother's cancer broke out in the kidney, and it's been a rough time (again).

She's improved, and I would love to join back in, but I can't possibly hope to catch up with all that's happened during my (prolonged) absence.

I guess I'll just be lurking.

Cheers!

No activity from pneuma since November. You can jump back in if you want, TheLoneMan. Choxorn or whomever else can join if they want, too. The situation: we've conquered all of our continent except Spain, and are prepared to launch an invasion of Carthage, which can continue to other civilizations. I think losing by domination would be cool, so in that case we would wipe the other civs out and leave most of the land for Spain to settle, abandoning some cities on the home continent. Losing by space would be my next favorite choice, which would imply fast research (i.e. ICSing other continent).

Losing by UN would be much, much, much, easier. It's simple, Just a few steps:
1. Kill every civ but spain.
2. Build UN.
3. Hold Elections.
4. You and Spain will be the only civs. Spain, will of course, vote for themselves. If you vote for them, too, Spain wins by Diplo Victory.
Even Easier is conquest:
1. Kill Every civ but Spain.
2. Abandon All cities and units. Spain wins.
However, that is kind of cheating. However, Culture is almost impossible, and I don't see how Spain will get convinced to build enough cities to achieve domination, or build all the SS parts. Do whatever you want. I guess you could try getting them to do Dom, SS, or Culture, for a more fulfilling victory, and use Conquest/Diplo as a backup plan if that doesn't work.
PS: I would join, if it weren't for 2 problems:
1. I have waaayyyyy to much homework.
and 2. THE FREAKIN WONT READ DISC BUG!!!!!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll do a turnset... does anybody want to take one after me?

I'm on turn 7... so far: 2 MGL's and 5 cities taken.

Turn 1: Move Boats.

IBT: Zzz.

Turn 2: Athens finishes Library, to Factory. Damascus finishes Library, to Worker. Antalya produces Sipahi, to Sipahi. MM Aydin and Basra to prevent riot next turn. Clear some pollution. 1350 gold, World Map, and all our Techs to Spain for Fascism, Democracy, Free Artistry, and Economics. Move boats again, unload all our units next to Hippo. Build some railroads.

Turn 2: Rinse, wash, and repeat all the domestic issues. Bombard Hippo and Oea, they are extremely lightly defended. Take Hippo, no casualties, and take Oea, no casualties, but a retreat against a redlined spearman =P.

IBT: Defend our artillery stack with a lone Sipahi? Bad decision in retrospect, but the Sipahi wins.

Turn 3: More domestic stuff. Take Leptis Magna, one Sipahi casualty

The plan is to take Carthage and then fan out from there. I'm going to send our next army East to get the two small cities that-a-way.

IBT: Our city on the small island NE of our main continent is being threatened by two knights and an MDI.

Turn 4: Send out the two Sipahi's and kill both knights, then retreat back into the citiy. I also join the workers, because the entire island has been fully improved. Fish for an MGL in the hills north of Leptis Magna and finally get one. Fortify all my troops within Leptis Magna. I'm going to wait for the artillery to catch up and our troops to rest before pushing on to Carthage.

Turn 5: Lux to 20. Domestic work. Move all units one square west of Leptis Magna, leaving the army behind to defend (the army can reach Carthage in 3 moves, so it will still be available for the attack).

IBT: The Americans and the Germans seem to be fighting a war through our newly conquered territory. Perhaps we could sell them an RoP? The remaining MDI attacks our city on the small island and wins. We still have one Sipahi left.

Turn 6: I sell the Germans an RoP for the entirety of their treasury (32 gold! Woohoo!), and the Americans one for the entirety of theirs (3 gold...?). If anything, this will just encourage fighting and thus weaken both of them. Domestic work. Artillery is now in range of Carthage. We attack next turn.

IBT: One Sipahi lost.Isabella wants an MPP, an RoP, and 5 gold per turn. I tell her to sod off.

Turn 7: Guiseppe completes Theory of Evolution. We discover Communism. I begin a revolution. Carthage gets bombarded, attack with several Sipahi's; the army is in range if it is needed. One redlined Sipahi, one Veteran promoted to Elite, and Carthage is taken. I fortify it with all of our Sipahi's; Infantry and Artillery will come next turn. More Domestic work; I'm chopping jungles and clearing wetlands in the easter arm of our empire, hopefully the next player can found some cities there. Clear out some attackers around Leptis Magna.

IBT: One Sipahi redlined by an attacking rifleman.

Turn 8: Move artillery stack out of Carthagian territory. They will arrive in Carthage next turn.

Turn 9: I've been fishing for an MGL, and... got one. Take Hadrumetum with a Sipahi army. We have three armies now... one more MGL to rush Pent. Attack an MDI outside of Fustat, victorious. There's one longbowman left.

IBT: German-American war is consuming lots of troops from both sides, their forces are flying through our territory in large numbers (was I right?). Longbowman attacks Fustat, our Sipahi is victorious.

Turn 10: Take out some Carthagian roads outside of Carthage. Set Giuseppe to Pent for when Anarchy's over. clear some more jungle, do some more things, and that's that.

Now, we should split up our armies. We need to get a guerilla or two up in Leptis Magna to free up the army that's currently defending it. After that, we should split the forces in two and strike out from Carthage. The third army to the East of Hippo should be enough to take the second Carthagian city to the east. After that, we should load up some Galleons off the mainland with Sipahi's and clear out the other Carthagian cities; either that or make peace. Now we have to decide who our next target will be.

Cheers!

P.S. By the way, Edrine can't build Hoover, so I made a Military Academy instead.

P.P.S. Save incoming! posted!

Attachments

• Lo5_01_1335AD.SAV
    215 KB · Views: 85
Looks like it's still a two-person team. Got it. I'll head for espionage after refining for the SPHQ (Konya looks good, perhaps). I should have mentioned I was intending to get atomic theory and electronics from ToE, but no big deal.

1335(0): some mm, start some courts and police stations
kill 3 rifles, NuMerc in Utica

IBT: Germany, America sign peace
trade embargo between Spain, America ends

1340(1): kill rifle, longbowman to capture Utica; we get spices
found Zonguldak

IBT: Spain, Carthage sign embargo against us
Germany starts Shakespeare's

1345(2): zzz

1350(3): kill 2 rifles to capture Leptis Minor

IBT: Trade embargo between Carthage, Germany ends

1355(4): zzz

IBT: We're communist

1360(5): lux to 10% (with more MP, it could be 0%)
Pharsalos shall build the SPHQ: it's got good production and income

1365(6): found Kirklareli
kill rifle, 2 NuMercs to capture Sabratha

1370(7): kill 2 rifles in Theveste

1375(8): kill 3 rifles to capture Theveste
kill rifle in Cadiz

1380(9): kill NuMerc to capture Cadiz, eliminating Carthaginian presence on that continent

IBT: Corinth builds Shakespeare's

1385(10): merge some workers

Notes: Pharsalos is prebuilding for SPHQ
You should probably buy espionage from Spain
Combustion->flight would be a good tech path
Some police station builds may not be necessary and can be switched to sipahi

Attachments

• Lo5_01_1385AD.SAV
    222.8 KB · Views: 80
Great, I'll play it soon.

Any chance for a screenie?

Sure, there's plenty of screenies. One in post 163, for example. And here's a picture that needs more orange or cyan.
I know there's plenty, but current ones are helpful to lurkers. Oh, and It doesn't need more cyan- it just needs less Brown, Light blue, and Blue. :evil:

Sorry guys... the power went out Thursday evening and it just came back up now...

I'll play my turnset by tomorrow (for real this time :p).

Mine came back up Friday night :D

Yeah... us at the north end of Mercer Island got lucky - south side doesn't get power for another three days :p .

Forgot to tell you... I'm without a Civ computer 'til January 4th on a ski vacation.

I'll play when I get back.

Top Bottom