Lojsalfar and Svartalfar

Marksman77

Aethernaut
Based on info from wiki AI Ljosalfar leaders dislike Svartalfar (they are listed as enemies in leaders' description), while the opposite is not true. The description of Svartalfar gives good reasons why the two elven groups would hate each other (see spoiler).

Spoiler :

During the Age of Magic the elves were ruled by two seperate courts. The Seelie court (the fairer and more spiritual) ruled during the spring and summer and the Unseelie court (the more arcane and malevolent) ruled during the autumn and winter. When Sucellus died the elven prayers went unanswered. Because the Unseelie court was in power when it happened they decreed that the elven diety was gone and that Esus would be adopted in his place. Normally the Seelie court would wait for spring and then reverse the ruling, but spring never came as the Age of Ice began. The Unseelie court saw this as a symbol of their dominance and began to punish elves that refused to stop worshipping Sucellus. This caused a bloody civil war within the elven nation during a time when their numbers were already hard hit. The Age of Ice eventually stopped the war as bands were seperated by expanses they couldnt cross. Now that the Age of Ice is over they are free to reach out and begin their war anew.

So my suggestion would be to add Ljosalfar as enemies for Svartalfar leaders.

The wiki is incorrect, they hate each other. The wiki is probably drawing its data from the enemy list in xml. That information isn't used anywhere (it was never implemented).

Instead there is a warscript function that watches the ljosalfar and the svartalfar and makes them very likely to attack each other regardless of attitude as the AC rises.

Instead there is a warscript function that watches the ljosalfar and the svartalfar and makes them very likely to attack each other regardless of attitude as the AC rises.
Where exactly can it be found?
Sorry for necroing this thread - I know it has been mentioned lately, but I can't find the relevant post again ...
*curse the search function !*

thanks

Top Bottom