Looking for a few friends to join us with CIV5 MP!

Although I agree those benefits are all strong, I actually think they balance out over the course of a game. 500g per wonder is powerful if you find a few wonders in the first 30 turns, but after that it's actually fairly weak in my opinion.

Strong units are good, but without a good science output, production or culture, you lack strong foundations back at "home".

The early science for Babylon is (in my opinion) one of the stronger benefits, but doesn't always equate to someone running away in science.

Personally I prefer other leaders and have always coped well against the above listed countries.

I am speaking in terms of good players of equal skill levels. If both players know how to utilize their civs properly and are of equal skill, the person with one of these civs will dominate the other equally skilled person. Having no trouble with a bad player who plays one of these civs is not evidence of them being balanced. This game is not balanced, the developers don't care very much if it is balanced. This is not Starcraft. Most competitive games require many rules to ensure a fair and balanced match. If the game were balanced competitive games would not require any rules such as no great wall, no terracotta, no _+100 gold faith, +4 faith from NW etc.. Spain is the most universally banned civ in competitive play.

Hello TheGermanGuy

I love playing Civ5 multiplayer with dedicated players. i have a few friends that i play with but they are never available anymore. I would like to join your group!

Answers:

i am 21

I am in the United States

Eastern Timezone UTC-05:00

i am always looking for people to play and usually stay up really late

steam: montewolf

i work with Skype, so i have good audio quality

I've been playin Civ5 for a few months now and i love the game

I like the Russian Civ and i like long lasting games of peace, altho i do not shy away from war. i usually go for culture or science wins.

i usually play on King and i have all the DLC, including the scrambled map packs and brave new world

How old are you? 26

What country do you live in? US

What time zone are you in? EST

How often are you online, and able to play? Usually after 5 on weekdays and whenever on weekends.

What is your steam name? idol494

What is your skype name? will.yo

Do you have a good and working mic? I've got a nice turdle beach headset

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic? only if i have a lot going on in the background

How long have you played CIV, and are you pretty good? (We welcome noobs, my Jay and i are experienced players, but my friend Wayne is new, although hes good)
I just broke 400 hours recently.
What is your favorite way to play civ? War, culture, diplomatic, science, how do you play? I like to try different victory types depending on which civ i am and who im playing with.

What is your favorite civ? portugal was really fun the first time i used them but im a little split between them, persia, and aztec.

Hit me up sometime it would be fun to have more people to play with. ive only got a couple friends who play.

How old are you? 26

What country do you live in? US

How often are you online, and able to play? Usually after 5 on weekdays and whenever on weekends.

What is your steam name? idol494

What is your skype name? will.yo

Do you have a good and working mic? I've got a nice turdle beach headset

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic? only if i have a lot going on in the background

How long have you played CIV, and are you pretty good? (We welcome noobs, my Jay and i are experienced players, but my friend Wayne is new, although hes good)
I just broke 400 hours recently.
What is your favorite way to play civ? War, culture, diplomatic, science, how do you play? I like to try different victory types depending on which civ i am and who im playing with.

What is your favorite civ? portugal was really fun the first time i used them but im a little split between them, persia, and aztec.

Hit me up sometime it would be fun to have more people to play with. ive only got a couple friends who play.

hey i added you on steam, lets play sometime

Hey, im always looking for more people to play with :)

How old are you? 19

What country do you live in? England

What time zone are you in? GMT

How often are you online, and able to play? I'm at university at the moment so I've got quite a alot of free time in the evenings

What is your steam name? chris88zx

What is your skype name? chris.scott372

Do you have a good and working mic? Yes

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic? Not that i've noticed

I started out on civ 5 but i've clocked about 100 hours so i'm pretty competent i guess, I generally play between prince and emperor difficulty.

What is your favorite way to play civ? War, culture, diplomatic, science, how do you play?
I like going for culture or diplomacy victories most of the time but I do like a good war now and then.

What is your favorite civ?
Right now its Spain, (gotta love the excitement of a great wonder) but I also like playing with Morocco. I'd quite like to test a few more out civs that i havent used yet in different playstyles.

My friend and I always play Multiplayer daily, but would like to have a few more in some of our games. QUICK, Random civs, OCC or regular...

How old are you? 31

What country do you live in? USA

What time zone are you in? Central ST

How often are you online, and able to play? Most days during morning to afternoon

What is your steam name? BRWGaming

What is your skype name? --

Do you have a good and working mic? Yes, but prefer chat box

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic? No

How long have you played CIV, and are you pretty good? 1,000+ hours, but have many newbie friends

What is your favorite way to play civ? Play to win

What is your favorite civ? Babylon likely, we mostly play random

Oh man I habe been looking for a good group of civ friends for a while. My friends are fun to play with but they are never around. Any you guys fit my style perfectly!

FOURM******IMPORTANT******* If you are going to play with us, we have one major requirement, YOU MUST HAVE ALL THE DLC! Aside from scrambled continents, and scrabbled nations, you must have the rest!

How old are you? 24

What country do you live in?
United states

What time zone are you in?
Central

How often are you online, and able to play? I work weekdays from 9am to 6 pm weekends I am free and I am always on at night. (Most of the time)

What is your steam name?
Sgtcoolbeans

What is your skype name?
Jcantwell2 (not sure about this one ill check later)

Do you have a good and working mic?
Yes

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic?
Nope

---ive played for a while, I play king and working on up. Id say I am a good player.

What is your favorite way to play civ? War, culture, diplomatic, science, how do you play?

---all of the ways, it depends on my mood really. I love trying new civs and strategies (though rushing is not my thing, I feel its kind of a dick move)

Russia, poland, america... honestly any, im at the pick random and work with what I have stage.

Also, please, add any additional information about yourself here, more info would help us in our chosings, and let us know a little more about you. Again, we would like to know this stuff, because we play on having 5-6 player games, and we cant have a game where someone is un-reliable, and quit half way through, or so we can actually make sure we know when we resume the game the next day, everyone is ready to play, and were not stuck waiting for that person to get back, that's never fun.

--- weekends are my biggest time to play, if I plan in advance I can set aside a good chunk of time to play (I also stay up super late). I can play on weekdays for shorter periods.

Honestly I am just tired of not finishing games with my friends.

If you're curious, these are the setting our games usually run on, but we are willing to change it up.

Continents
Quick
Hybird (We prefer hybird with friends, because while the wars take longer, nobody likes a click fest!)
And the rest are normal default settings

Civs are all random, and we normally play random civs, but sometimes we pick ours. The choice if yours if you want to random, or pick.

We play on prince or king. Normally King

ALL DLC!!! YOU MUST HAVE ALL THE DLC!!![/QUOTE]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I answer for a friend of mine and me.

Both of us are 26 yo.

We live in Germany.

timezone: CET

We are online way too often...

Steam name: Lythis44

Both of us have working mics.

We have played civ for the past 2 months and I would say we are not too shabby players.

My favorite way is to play cultural centric, his ist more war, science centric.

My favorite civ is shoshones, his are the netherlands.

I would also like to add that we use OpenVPN to play together, that way we never experience any issues.

Greetings

Hey there, I think it's a g8 idea. Looking forward for some quality players.

How old are you? 25

What country do you live in? Poland

What time zone are you in? CET

How often are you online, and able to play? Weekends mostly

What is your steam name? jetong

What is your skype name? Not sure, haven't used Skype for a while.

Do you have a good and working mic? I think it's somewhere

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic? NO

How long have you played CIV, and are you pretty good? (We welcome noobs, my Jay and i are experienced players, but my friend Wayne is new, although hes good) I play for almost 2 years. Mostly emperor.

I play in different ways depending upon the situation. I dont like war much though

What is your favorite civ? My favorites are: Mayans, Dondolo, Poland. But I like to play random with everybody.

How old are you? 34

What country do you live in? Brooklyn (yes I know)

How often are you online, and able to play? 3pm to 3am 7/365 (work from home)

What is your steam name? intristin

What is your skype name? intristin

Do you have a good and working mic? Yes

Is there a lot of background noise with your mic? Nope, it's a professional stage mic, only captures sound within a few inches.

How long have you played CIV, and are you pretty good? 851 hours in Maybe 6 months. Yea, I have no life. To answer your other question, no, not very good at the game. I mean I have never been wiped out, but I'm always losing cites and having to recapture them. And my sims almost always hate me, ungrateful little turds.

What is your favorite way to play civ? War, culture, diplomatic, science, how do you play? To be honest, I have never really focused on one thing, I just like to build . Like I said i'm not very good at the game, lol.

What is your favorite civ? I like Rome or America, not for any strategic reason, I just normally play one of them.

I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't play civ anymore. I played one game with him and a friend and then never saw them again. I see them on other steam games but not civ.

Me and my group of friends are looking for good players to play with though. We are trying to get private FFA's going that are not full of public quitters and trolls.

How old are you?
Kazakhstan
(UTC+6 Astana)
How often are you online, and able to play?
EveryDay. From 4 pm to 4 am (UTC+6 Astana)
What is your steam name?
hipotalamus
What is your skype name?
batyrbekfreak
Yep
No.

About 3 years. Normal difficulty :)
Which way is faster to win.
Civ 5

i already pm you, here's my info, anyone who wants to play just add me :p

How old are you?

France

UTC+1

most of the time

What is your steam name?
chicoutimi

What is your skype name?
dont have a skype

dont have a mic yet, can get one if needed

there wont be :p

played for around 6 month; im experienced with game mechanics but still making some very costly mistakes past modern era in mp
i was playing immortal with a few deity on single player, but mostly stopped after starting mp

i play all, depends of the mood and what i get

i like them all except for a few

How old are you?

me: 19

Spain

GMT+1

Until midnight all days, more at weekends

What is your skype name?

me: luisalex95
Steam?

Prythe

yes

none

totally new, i need to meet a nice group to learn and hf

What is your favorite way to play civ? culture, diplomatic

Alejandro, its my name. Greece

How old are you?

- I'm 15 years old

- I live in The United States

- I'm online most of the day but may not be available some weekends, also when school come back around i may not be available because i have track and field after school. Also i'm not available on Tuesday evenings.

What is your steam name?

- DragonSlayer959

What is your Skype name?

- dragonslayer959

- Yes

- No

How long have you played civ, and are you pretty good?

- I've played civ for a year now, i wouldn't say i'm really good but i'm decent.

What is your favorite way to play civ?

- Science, Cultural, War

- Germany, The Ottomans, Polynesia

My name is Matt and i do track and field, as stated above, and i'm also in boy scouts, meeting are on Tuesday that's why i wont be available on Tuesday evenings. I hope that because i'm a lot younger that other people it wont make me any less eligible for playing with you guys. :)

Dont know if this is still available open but I will try nontheless

How old are you?

- Germany

- Mon-Fri 18:00-24:00 CET Saturday/Sunday all day more or less

What is your steam name?

- Walhallawalhalla

What is your Skype name?

- mattia.costantini

- Yes

- No

How long have you played civ, and are you pretty good?

- I've played civ for a year and a half now, i wouldn't say i'm really good but i'm quite ok .I usually play at immortal though, never tried deity

What is your favorite way to play civ?

- Science, Cultural

- Maya, Bab

How old are you?
Does it matter?

USA

HST (3 hours behind PST)

Saturdays at 6 pm my time, 9 pm West Coast time. Stay online until/maybe 6-8 hours.

What is your steam name?
Too Ton

What is your skype name?
Prefer not to add

No

No

I'm basically prince but wanting to play king level.

Science and culture

Poland

Top Bottom