Looking for a map script for Civ6

brandonjm8

Chieftain
Hello peeps o/

Like the title states, I'm looking for a map script similar to "planet_generator_68" for Civ4 but for Civ6 instead, that allows the player to set how many continents there will be and how big they are among many other map script options, thanks!

Last edited:
To add onto this, I've been playing around with several of the built-in maps (since YnAMP or w/e it's called doesn't work well with other mods) and the continents one says "few large landmasses" but so far in my experience it's always 2 big continents with a few small islands too small to be considered a "landmass" aka continent imho. In Civ4 there's a "planet_generator_68" map script that worked wonders and I'm just trying to be able to have maps with 4+ continents on huge size to play with, thanks :)

(if you know of any mods other than YnAMP or w/e that works with other mods that'll allow me to have more continents, feel free to post those here as well as I'll look into them, thanks o/ )

Last edited:
For continent size, have you tried Small Continents? Any map script creating landmasses smaller than that would probably be considered an "islands" map script.

You could also try an islands map with Sea Level set to Low.

If you're looking for more map script options to tinker with, then you might be interested in the Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script mod (which I wrote).

For continent size, have you tried Small Continents? Any map script creating landmasses smaller than that would probably be considered an "islands" map script.

You could also try an islands map with Sea Level set to Low.

If you're looking for more map script options to tinker with, then you might be interested in the Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script mod (which I wrote).
Yes, I've tried using the "small continents" map as well but that just makes typically 1 big continent with 2-3 civs on it with the other civs on their own much smaller continent. I've tried other map options as well and so far none have given me the desired results I'm looking for that'd be similar to what "planet_generator_68" was able to provide for Civ4 etc.

However, there is one thing you listed that I haven't tried yet, messing around with the sea level 🤔 hmmm...

Concerning your mod that you listed, does it work/play well with other mods? I use over 20 mods, mostly UI changes but some others as well (if you need a full list, let me know as it's been my experience thus far that there are quite a few mods that don't work/play well with other mods etc such as YnAMP or w/e it's called) like better coastal cities, more units etc.

Thanks for replying o/ :)

Yes, I've tried using the "small continents" map as well but that just makes typically 1 big continent with 2-3 civs on it with the other civs on their own much smaller continent. I've tried other map options as well and so far none have given me the desired results I'm looking for that'd be similar to what "planet_generator_68" was able to provide for Civ4 etc.
Oh right, I just remembered that the Civ 6 version of "Small Continents" is actually one continent plus a layer of islands. I was thinking of the Civ 5 version which I used as the "Small Continents" landmass in Got Lakes.

Concerning your mod that you listed, does it work/play well with other mods? I use over 20 mods, mostly UI changes but some others as well (if you need a full list, let me know as it's been my experience thus far that there are quite a few mods that don't work/play well with other mods etc such as YnAMP or w/e it's called) like better coastal cities, more units etc.

Thanks for replying o/ :)
No problem :). The Got Lakes mod is purely a map generator, so only mods that mess with map generation have any chance at causing a conflict. I've added compatibility with several such mods such as Terra Mirabilis and Truly Abundant Resources, but there are a few that have no effect or will never work like Canals on Hills--see the Got Lakes mod's Overview tab for more details on mod compatibility.

Oh right, I just remembered that the Civ 6 version of "Small Continents" is actually one continent plus a layer of islands. I was thinking of the Civ 5 version which I used as the "Small Continents" landmass in Got Lakes.

No problem :). The Got Lakes mod is purely a map generator, so only mods that mess with map generation have any chance at causing a conflict. I've added compatibility with several such mods such as Terra Mirabilis and Truly Abundant Resources, but there are a few that have no effect or will never work like Canals on Hills--see the Got Lakes mod's Overview tab for more details on mod compatibility.
Thanks bro o/

I'm currently in an epic speed game atm, over turn 300 and it's looking like another easy win for me, not sure if I'll play the next 200+ or so turns to get the win etc but my next game, I'll definitely look into trying your mod out :)

Top Bottom