Looking for PitBoss game

oagersnap,

I'm not sure if you realize it, but we're waiting on you to take your turn. You said you received the notification, but you still haven't taken your turn. Just a friendly reminder in case you overlooked it.

Mysterio10000 said:
oagersnap,

I'm not sure if you realize it, but we're waiting on you to take your turn. You said you received the notification, but you still haven't taken your turn. Just a friendly reminder in case you overlooked it.

I've finished the turn (and started the next turn) now.
When I recieved the email notification yesterday, I couldn't play.

oagersnap said:
I've finished the turn (and started the next turn) now.
When I recieved the email notification yesterday, I couldn't play.

No problem. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew to press the End Turn button every turn, even if they didn't have any new moves to input.

An idea:scan: : may be we could try to find a moment when everybody is online at the same time. Then try to make a few turns (maybe for an hour)simultanously like in a normal multiplayer game. Then again continue the game in a normal pitboss timing. Propably we're all on a different time zone but maybe it would be possible to find an hour that we could all agree upon.

Dandridge said:
An idea:scan: : may be we could try to find a moment when everybody is online at the same time. Then try to make a few turns (maybe for an hour)simultanously like in a normal multiplayer game. Then again continue the game in a normal pitboss timing. Propably we're all on a different time zone but maybe it would be possible to find an hour that we could all agree upon.

Yeah, that's the best way to play a PB game, but it may be difficult given the time zone differences. I'm on GMT-7 time. For this weekend, I'm free the following times:

Friday, 22:00-07:00 GMT
Sunday, 01:00-07:00 GMT

Not sure what GMT zone you're in? Check www.timeanddate.com.

GMT+2 here. During weekdays could arrange some time between 15:00 - 22:00 GMT and weekends between 7:00 - 22:00 GMT. Unfortunately, doesn't seem to match at all to your available times:sad: .

GMT -5. I usually play between 23.00 - 03:00 GMT on weekdays, more on weekends (from 15.00 GMT or so).

Dandridge said:
GMT+2 here. During weekdays could arrange some time between 15:00 - 22:00 GMT and weekends between 7:00 - 22:00 GMT. Unfortunately, doesn't seem to match at all to your available times:sad: .

Mistäpäin? ;)

We have the same time zone. This week is quite busy, but I'm available 19:00-3:00 due to my wacked sleeping rhythm. Starting from monday, I can play almost 24/7.

Mysterio10000 said:
Yeah, that's the best way to play a PB game, but it may be difficult given the time zone differences. I'm on GMT-7 time. For this weekend, I'm free the following times:

Friday, 22:00-07:00 GMT
Sunday, 01:00-07:00 GMT

Not sure what GMT zone you're in? Check www.timeanddate.com.

I'm in GMT+1, but I can't play at any of your times either.

Since our time zones differ by many hours, having everyone online at the same time isn't feasible. We'll just have to do our best to take our turns as soon as we receive notification.

Today is my 41st birthday, and the present I want most is for our PB game to move at a quicker pace.

Oh, and if each of you could gift to me whatever units you currently have in play, it would be a most wonderful birthday! :lol:

Mysterio10000 said:
Today is my 41st birthday, and the present I want most is for our PB game to move at a quicker pace.

Oh, and if each of you could gift to me whatever units you currently have in play, it would be a most wonderful birthday! :lol:

I'd like to, but this early in the game, it's not possible to trade anything.

Anyway, happy birthday![party]

Corossol said:
Mysterio I think you canceled the game and forgot to mention it on the original thread...

Game canceled:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=154082

New game for GMT -5 to -8:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=154088

That's strange. I could have sworn I replied to this post. There would have been no reason for me to start a new thread, which wouldn't make much sense. Very odd.

Sorry, jhauser--I pulled the plug on the PB game, since it was taking too long (some people wouldn't take their turn until 2-3 hours were left on the 24-hour turn timer). I just started a new game on a 12-hour timer, but all the slots arre taken. :(

I had taken 3 turns in one day, and it seemed that the turns were popping up as fast as possible. Never waited more than 20 hours. Ah well.

Abdukrahman said:
I had taken 3 turns in one day, and it seemed that the turns were popping up as fast as possible. Never waited more than 20 hours. Ah well.

20 hours is a long time to wait to take a turn. That approaches the time it takes for a PBEM turn to get back to you.

Top Bottom