So far I have e-mail addresses for:

oagersnap
Corossol
baboonfan
Dandridge

I still need e-mail addresses for:

Abdukrahman
jhauser

Once I receive those remaining e-mail addresses, I'll post here and send out a test e-mail. If you receive the test e-mail, I'd like you to reply to this thread saying so. Stay tuned!

Mysterio10000 said:
There are 2 hours left on the turn timer, and Solomon still hasn't taken his turn, nor has he posted in this thread. If he doesn't take his turn before the timer expires, I'll kick him. I'd expect everyone should be able to take at least one turn every 12 hours. That's reasonable, no? I'm wishing I set the timer to 12 instead of 24 hours.

With 50 minutes left on the 3900BC turn, Abdukrahman is now the only person who hasn't taken his turn. To avoid stagnation of a civ, I'd like to implement the following rule: any player who hasn't taken his turn in the 24-hour period for two consecutive turns would be booted in favor of the AI.

Let me know your thoughts and any suggestions you might have.

Thanks.

Mysterio10000 said:
To avoid stagnation of a civ, I'd like to implement the following rule: any player who hasn't taken his turn in the 24-hour period for three consecutive turns would be booted in favor of the AI.

Make that two. I mean we kind of expect PitBoss to be faster than PBEM.

(Unless the player warns the others in advance, of course.)

Corossol said:
Make that two. I mean we kind of expect PitBoss to be faster than PBEM.

My thoughts exactly. I original stated two, but changed it to three thinking you all wouldn't like two. :lol:

Turn 3850 BC has started. I need the following people to confirm that they received an e-mail notification of a new turn:

oagersnap
Corossol
baboonfan
Dandridge

Thanks!

Mysterio10000 said:
My thoughts exactly. I original stated two, but changed it to three thinking you all wouldn't like two. :lol:

Turn 3850 BC has started. I need the following people to confirm that they received an e-mail notification of a new turn:

oagersnap
Corossol
baboonfan
Dandridge

Thanks!

Yes, I recieved an email notification.

Mysterio10000 said:
With 50 minutes left on the 3900BC turn, Abdukrahman is now the only person who hasn't taken his turn. To avoid stagnation of a civ, I'd like to implement the following rule: any player who hasn't taken his turn in the 24-hour period for two consecutive turns would be booted in favor of the AI.

Let me know your thoughts and any suggestions you might have.

Thanks.

Don't worry, I'm active. I just figured in the early turns it wouldn't hurt to take a couple turns at a time, seeing as nobody is going to be attacking right away anyhow. I'll take the turns more often now though.

My email is rjharder@gmail.com

Er, can you pm me the ip again? I had been coming here before each turn to find it. =/

Abdukrahman said:
I just figured in the early turns it wouldn't hurt to take a couple turns at a time, seeing as nobody is going to be attacking right away anyhow.

How do you take a couple turns at a time?

Do you mean you queue unit and build orders, and then feel you don't need to log in to end your next and subsequent turns because of the queues? If so, then you not logging in to simply end your turn is forcing the 24-hour timer to count down to zero. That makes the pace of this PB game akin to a PBEM game, which isn't what we want. When their able, everyone needs to log in when a new turn is announced, even if all they need to do is end their turn.

Edit: Thanks for the e-mail address. I've added it to the notification app.

All the e-mail addresses are in the notification app, so you each should receive next-turn notifications as they happen! I'm going to force send a dummy notification now. If you don't receive it, let me know.

Thanks!

Yeah, I got the e-mail. Or two. ;)

Hopefully we can move to 12 hours/turn pace at some point... :king:

Mysterio10000 said:
Yeah, I wish I could change the timer to 12 hours, but I haven't figured out a way to do it. :(

Oh, ok. Let us see. :king:

Well, this e-mail notification system should help a lot what comes to the pace.

After messing with my port settings on my router, and was no longer able to connect to the PB server. So, I had to shut it down and reboot my PC. However, I had the e-mail notification app enabled when I shut down the PB server, so it thought a turn had been taken. But since the Turn field in the e-mail is blank, it's a bogus e-mail. Ignore the e-mail you just received and any future ones with a blank Turn field. :)

Mysterio10000 said:
How do you take a couple turns at a time?

Do you mean you queue unit and build orders, and then feel you don't need to log in to end your next and subsequent turns because of the queues? If so, then you not logging in to simply end your turn is forcing the 24-hour timer to count down to zero. That makes the pace of this PB game akin to a PBEM game, which isn't what we want. When their able, everyone needs to log in when a new turn is announced, even if all they need to do is end their turn.

Edit: Thanks for the e-mail address. I've added it to the notification app.

Oh. I didn't realize that the timer reset if everyone had taken their turn. I thought that turns were generated every 24 hours regardless of how many people take turns. My bad.

I still don't have the ip though. Could you pm that to me?

And I got the turn emails.

It might be a good idea, since the email is configurable, to include that in all of the notification emails. This would be especially useful for those in multiple games. Then we could just copy and paste it instead of having to type it each time.

Joe

jhauser said:
It might be a good idea, since the email is configurable, to include that in all of the notification emails. This would be especially useful for those in multiple games. Then we could just copy and paste it instead of having to type it each time.

Joe

Please edit your post to remove the IP address. I don't want it visible for all to see.

I added the IP address and password to all future turn notifications. Good suggestion, Joe!

Mysterio10000 said:
What replies? scree's app uses my SMTP to send e-mails to the addresses I've inputed into his app. It monitors the turn field and triggers when it changes.

The reply in here where you quoted me and have the ip listed. (If you do not want the ip there).

Joe

Top Bottom