Looking for PitBoss game

Corossol

Optimist Prime
I'd like to try PitBoss but I only saw 2 games started on this forum so far. If anyone has a spare machine they can start a direct-IP game on, count me in :)

I'm trying to test my PB server via Direct IP. Try to join at {PM me for IP address and password}, and let me know if you're successful. It's simultaneous turns, so log in, choose a leader, and let's see if this works!

Thanks!

EDIT: Changed IP and game type to simultaneous turns.

Mysterio10000 said:
I'm trying to test my PB server via Direct IP. Try to join at 192.168.0.100, password Myst, and let me know if you're successful. Choose Ghandi as your leader, if he's available, since he has the first turn.

Thanks!

That's not your external IP address.

Go to www.whatismyip.com to find out what your external IP is. Also, that means you're behind a NAT and will need to forward the port that PitBoss uses to your computer.

OverloadUT said:
That's not your external IP address.

Go to www.whatismyip.com to find out what your external IP is. Also, that means you're behind a NAT and will need to forward the port that PitBoss uses to your computer.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to obtain my external IP.

Does anyone know which port PB uses?

Pitboss uses the same port at Civ 4, which is 2056.

Also, I'd suggest using the simultaneous turns feature, otherwise the pitboss server is really no better than PBEM as you'll still have wait for someone in the sequence to turn in their turns.

jhauser said:
I got into the game and took the Germans.....

Joe

Cool! Let's see how well this plays out. I've read there's a bug with civ passwords. Make sure you don't try to set your e-mail address from within the game (ALT-D is the command, I believe), and we should be able to avoid this bug.

I'm in as Qin, this will be fun. Thanks for hosting Mysterio! :goodjob:

After my turn the game stays on "waiting for other civilizations", which I assume is normal.

Corossol said:
I'm in as Qin, this will be fun. Thanks for hosting Mysterio! :goodjob:

No problem! This is as much of a learning process for me as it is for those who decide to join. :)

Corossol said:
After my turn the game stays on "waiting for other civilizations", which I assume is normal.

Yup, that's normal. I'm interested in seeing what the Pitboss does after everyone's taken their first turn or the timer runs out. Did you all receive the Message of the Day from the Pitboss?

Joined as caesar. Have you guys alreadly had several turns? It only let me take one. Also, will we be ok if we put our email address under "Your details" and not ctrl-D? Also, how long is the timer? Is it a full 24 hours?

Abdukrahman said:
Joined as caesar. Have you guys alreadly had several turns? It only let me take one. Also, will we be ok if we put our email address under "Your details" and not ctrl-D? Also, how long is the timer? Is it a full 24 hours?

This is the first turn.

Using the menu option to set your e-mail has also been shown to cause the PW bug.

The timer is 24 hours. There are 19.5 hours remaining on the first turn. Two civ slots are still available.

Mysterio10000 said:
Using the menu option to set your e-mail has also been shown to cause the PW bug.

Argh, this just happened to me, I knew about not setting in-game email/password but I didn't know that just opening the Alt+D window would do that. :mad: I tried the MD5 trick shown in the main PitBoss thread and it didn't work. Can you kick me out so I can re-join? Thanks for letting me know at the same time you do it so I can log back in immediately.

Thanks! :)

Great! I joined and took Montezuma. I haven't much understood about the use of Pitbull in this game, but will attempt to find out 'n stuff.

Corossol said:
Can you kick me out so I can re-join? Thanks for letting me know at the same time you do it so I can log back in immediately.

Doh! You've been kicked. Log back in and claim your civ ASAP. :eek:

There's one civ still available (Huayna Capac) with 12 hours and 27 minutes left on the first-turn timer! As soon as someone claims that civ, we'll have a full game and be on to the second turn!

Mysterio10000 said:
Doh! You've been kicked. Log back in and claim your civ ASAP. :eek:

I'm back, thanks!

But since we cannot set email addresses, I suppose we will not receive a notice for the second turn so we check the forum and login once in a while?

Corossol said:
But since we cannot set email addresses, I suppose we will not receive a notice for the second turn so we check the forum and login once in a while?

Even if we could set our e-mail addresses, I'm not sure the e-mail notification feature is working in 1.52. I read in the PB thread that it's not enabled in 1.52. I'll try to post here when a new turn's begun, but logging into the game every now and then wouldn't be a bad idea.

Looks like we have a full game, now. A new turn is available, and the server's back up. I'm trying to figure out why I got an e-mail error after the 4000BC turn was finished.

Hi,
I took the Inca. Timer was ticking at about 11 hours. Made my 4000 BC turn and timer started straight from 24 hours. So made my 3950 BC turn, too.

Top Bottom