Looking for PitBoss game

It's giving me incorrect password, even though I never put my email in. I did open the menu...maybe that was enough to do it? Can you kick me as caesar so I can rejoin?

Thanks. I'm back in. Quick question, do you always have to have the server running? And how did you get into your own game?

Abdukrahman said:
Quick question, do you always have to have the server running? And how did you get into your own game?

Yeah, I always leave my PC on anyway, so setting up a PB game wasn't a problem.

The PB server is separate from the actual game. I can play the game with the server running in the background. :)

The game is now telling me that my password is incorrect, even though I have NOT gone into my personal information. I have not hit ctrl-d or opened it manually. No idea what to do now.

Joe

jhauser said:
The game is now telling me that my password is incorrect, even though I have NOT gone into my personal information. I have not hit ctrl-d or opened it manually. No idea what to do now.

Joe

I just kicked you.

Remember, this code is beta, so there are bound to be bugs. :(

Corossol said:
I heard of a player who got it to work just by trying many times. Otherwise you can try the MD5 trick:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3544935&postcount=72

Good luck!

I did some testing with this bug, and the MD5 thing doesn't work. I'm hopeful that Firaxis will release updated beta cose to at least fix the "Your Details" bug. It would be nice if the PB e-mail notification system worked. :aargh:

There are 2 hours left on the turn timer, and Solomon still hasn't taken his turn, nor has he posted in this thread. If he doesn't take his turn before the timer expires, I'll kick him. I'd expect everyone should be able to take at least one turn every 12 hours. That's reasonable, no? I'm wishing I set the timer to 12 instead of 24 hours.

Also, I'll post here when a new turn starts. However, a new turn may start while I'm sleeping (typically 05:00 - 13:00 GMT) or away from my PC. Those would be the times you'd want to log in to see if the turn's advanced.

Mysterio10000 said:
There are 2 hours left on the turn timer, and Solomon still hasn't taken his turn, nor has he posted in this thread. If he doesn't take his turn before the timer expires, I'll kick him. I'd expect everyone should be able to take at least one turn every 12 hours. That's reasonable, no? I'm wishing I set the timer to 12 instead of 24 hours.

Also, I'll post here when a new turn starts. However, a new turn may start while I'm sleeping (typically 05:00 - 13:00 GMT) or away from my PC. Those would be the times you'd want to log in to see if the turn's advanced.

If he doesn't take his turn, is it possible that I can join instead? If I can't, then maybe you can keep me in mind for next time you arrange a game?

oagersnap said:
If he doesn't take his turn, is it possible that I can join instead? If I can't, then maybe you can keep me in mind for next time you arrange a game?

Sure. I'll know his fate within the next 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'll keep you posted. :D

Mysterio10000 said:
A new turn has started!

oagersnap, Solomon's been kicked, so feel free to take over his civ.

Ok, I joined, but I forgot to set a password for my civ, and it will get corrupted if I do it with alt-d, but can I set it the next time I log in?

Also, when I finish my turn, I just exit the gme, right? No need to save or anything?

oagersnap said:
Ok, I joined, but I forgot to set a password for my civ, and it will get corrupted if I do it with alt-d, but can I set it the next time I log in?

I don't think you can. I just kicked you so you can log in, now, and set your password.

oagersnap said:
Also, when I finish my turn, I just exit the gme, right? No need to save or anything?

Make sure you end your turn, and then use the menu to either exit to desktop or to the main menu. The saving is done on the PB server (my PC).

Mysterio10000 said:
I don't think you can. I just kicked you so you can log in, now, and set your password.

Make sure you end your turn, and then use the menu to either exit to desktop or to the main menu. The saving is done on the PB server (my PC).

Ok, thanks for the help :)

Ok, folks. Since the e-mail notification code in the PB code isn't working, scree developed an app that will send e-mail notifications of new turns to all players. The server admin (which is me) only runs scree's app, but his app requires the e-mail addresses of all players. So, please send me either a PM or post here with your e-mail address. Once I receive all of them, I'll send out a test e-mail or two to make sure it's working. :)

Sweet! I just tested scree's app with my e-mail address only, and it sent me an e-mail with the subject Civ4 - New Turn: Mysterio10000's Game - 3900 BC! :goodjob: Get me your e-mail addresses ASAP! :dance:

Thanks!

Top Bottom