Looking for PTW partner or small group

Quillan

Monkey Butler
I'm looking for someone or a small group that can play PTW with me. I think a group environment would be a great way to first disect the mp styles of play and what not. I think it'll be great to get to know other PTW players, without that it'll be awful hard to trust anyone else!

So, Please post here if you are interested in playing a few games with me, or if you'd like to get a small group together that can do likewise. I'm only looking for emperor (maybe diety) players, who want to have a good time and like running the world!

Also, any webmasters out there want to build a community site (or have one here) that players can get rated by others so there is a way to track player's trustworthiness etc?

I think a community site would be great. The groups should be grouped according to skill levels, ie chieftan+warlord, regent, monarch,emperor+diety.

(Monarch isn't anymore difficult than regent?! It took me a long time and a lot of games to win on Monarch)

I can play regent, but not monarch/emperor with great success (I have better success in a succession game/demogame setting). :)

Well, the reason i stated skill level because i generally play emperor, and figured i should match up against people who play the same level. As i consider it now, i'm thinking that maybe it won't matter as much in PTW as the biggest difference on the skill levels is the CPU's intelligence/bonuses...

Any thoughts?

Truthfully, i just want to find some intelligent players, who aren't bent on winning, but having a good time... so i can win all the time! (jk)

So i'll keep checking back here, and maybe we can all give it a go :)

Well, as a fellow Canadian, I'd say yes immediately if it wasn't for the fact that I play at regent... :(

R.III

Originally posted by Richard III
Well, as a fellow Canadian, I'd say yes immediately if it wasn't for the fact that I play at regent... :(

R.III

Well, we'll see how it all works out, chances are that everyone will play slightly lower difficulties since no AI are involved... i'm trying to play PTW right now, but it seems really buggy... lets see if the patch helps!

Id love to play. Is PTW in stores yet? I didn't think it was. The day it hits the shelves ill buy and play. I dont think the level matters too much. Any human is smater than the AI..... well almost any.

i pm'd you alpine... anyone who wants to get a game going and has the necessary patches and a disabled or well controlled firewall msg me on yahoo, Qnagel

I play emperor, and have been dabbling in diety level.

What did you have in mind, PBEM? For all intensive purposes, MP is off the shelf until Firaxis makes another patch. Probably a few weeks, at the earliest.

Originally posted by joespaniel
I play emperor, and have been dabbling in diety level.

What did you have in mind, PBEM? For all intensive purposes, MP is off the shelf until Firaxis makes another patch. Probably a few weeks, at the earliest.

Yes, MP is kind of a joke right now, but hopefully they'll get it fixed ASAP... think of all the middle aged men who buy it to play this weekend, only to find the MP doesn't work... should prove busy at their customer service call center!

I don't know much about PBEM, i labour under the possible mistaken idea that it takes forever... If you educate me and it sounds good i'll give it a go :)

We are trying out our first PBEM right now. So far, so good.

It is a little more time consuming, but MP just isnt an option until they crank out another patch. Too many crashes, and I dont want to submit my machine to that. It a senitive girl. :lol:

If you would like to try a PBEM, its very simple. One person (the admin) starts it off, then each player takes one turn at a time, e-mailing it to the next player after each turn.
When you end your turn, the game lets you to save and quit, all in one stroke. Then you compose an e-mail to the next player, and attach the save right from your Civ3PTW save file.

Pretty easy. :)

True, I picked the Leafs for my hockey pool and I am biting my nails every day...

But I'm not here to do some threadjacking but rather to reinstate my candidature for the game. I tried simultaneous play yesterday and got some great fun out of it. I wouldn't mind trying PBEM though. Let's get this game started!

I'm up for a PBEM game, just let me know when it's going to start.

In regards to your commnet about the Leafs:

We got Cujo :lol:

and your stuck with Crazy Eddy :crazyeye:

Good luck on PBEM game. I am reading the one started by joespaniel and it is quite good.

Yeah well, we got Steve Shields and John Grahme. Oops, thats worse, and yet they almost beat cujo last night and have a much better record than Detroit.

GO BRUINS

Originally posted by WildFire444
...Yeah well, we got Steve Shields and John Grahme. Oops, thats worse, and yet they almost beat cujo last night and have a much better record than Detroit.

GO BRUINS

Opps :eek:
Cujo did not play last night (out with the flu :vomit: )

Legace was in goal, records in the pre-season only count for home ice advantage when the real season starts in May, and we got the Cup :goodjob:

Top Bottom