lord of the rings mod/scenario

Snerk

Smeghead
Why havent anybody made a battle for middle earth mod or scenario?

I see someone made a great map of middle earth,
a splendid fantacy mod: fall from heaven,
and some smashing fantacy civs in haarbals fantacy civ pack.

Why dont someone combine these with a little modifications
and make a lord of the rings/battle of middle earth mod or scenario? Or has it been done?

...anybody?

Last I knew, people were having trouble with the units, especially doing things like making new ones all together. The only thing they could do was change the coloring.

I was thinking the same thing as you, but I figured a mod that would change that much probably requires the SDK. That, and I have tried to make a few changes to the vanilla version and Exavier's composite mod, and, for me, it is a lot harder than it was in Civ III. I made my own civ and governments and units and a lot of stuff in III, but it is so much different to do these things in IV. Modding in Civ IV seems to be much more open (few things are hard-coded), but harder to do (needs a lot more skill/patience with coding) than in Civ III

IMHO, it would be great if someone could come up with a utility that gave rookie modders like me an interface that was simular to the one in the Civ III editor. I have been looking around in the "utility tools" section, but I haven't seen any completed tools like that. The worldbuilder is nice, but it is too limiting for the kind of changes I want to make.

I am currently trying to make my own civ in IV, but it is crazy. There are so many things that you need to change in so many different places. That may be why no one has gotten around to making a LOTR scenario; it's just too hard for most of the people who would be interested in making it.

Yes it would but all they would have to do is use some of the civs from haarbals(with his permission) rename them and recolur the units say the roman uu for gondor recolour it silver and blue stuff like that bu im no good at modding so dont ask me but a lort mod would be cool..........................

jamie006 said:
Yes it would but all they would have to do is use some of the civs from haarbals(with his permission) rename them and recolur the units say the roman uu for gondor recolour it silver and blue stuff like that bu im no good at modding so dont ask me but a lort mod would be cool..........................

I agree! A decent lotr mod is absolutley possible to make with the stuff thats been crated sofar. Weird nobody have done so. However there are people working on one now (arda mod), so one will come out sooner or later.

Its there a web site for the mod???

Yea alot the whole of it will prob take a few months

Top Bottom