Lost Eden development thread

Oh it was deliberate, but it's been two weeks since. :goodjob: I've posted about the apparently regional advert thing.

Does that mean it is no longer a problem?

That sounds like an idea yeah. Keeping active. :D

Ah sure. I got a response from Bdanv, nothing major but still it's movement. :goodjob:

Just do a little until you feel motivated to do a major project. Is there any way you could see that would result in you "falling in" with your characters? Maybe we could discuss them in this thread.

*hugs* Get well soon vyeh! :)

I hope so. I am still doing things, but I seem more tired than usual so I take more naps.

Does that mean it is no longer a problem?
The information bar seemingly has gone away, if that's what you are asking.

<nothing>
... :mischief:
:lol:

Just do a little until you feel motivated to do a major project. Is there any way you could see that would result in you "falling in" with your characters? Maybe we could discuss them in this thread.
One of my friends suggested that I make a small class mod for Zdoom with my characters as a why to get back in touch with them. I am hesistant because sprite work can take ages which may be a bit excessive. I might do a little bit as a start, like coding w/ no sprites which would only take a day or so.

I hope so. I am still doing things, but I seem more tired than usual so I take more naps.
Sure no worries. :) Take it easy hey! :D

The information bar seemingly has gone away, if that's what you are asking.

So you still have problems?

The response for the following quote was suppose to take care of both.

One of my friends suggested that I make a small class mod for Zdoom with my characters as a why to get back in touch with them. I am hesistant because sprite work can take ages which may be a bit excessive. I might do a little bit as a start, like coding w/ no sprites which would only take a day or so.

That sounds like too much work. How about writing a story about a character? You will be able to use it later on your website.

So you still have problems?
Both these forums and things personally are proceedingly smoothy, praise God. I wasn't sure to which you were referring. :D

The response for the following quote was suppose to take care of both.
Hehe sure no worries. I found it amusing. :)

That sounds like too much work. How about writing a story about a character? You will be able to use it later on your website.
A short story could be an idea. I'll admit that I did make a small start on the FPS one and it was pretty good. :D But I'm realising that work will need to continue on LE soon. I've got about 5 weeks before next semester starts so I'd like to get everything done before then. For what it's worth I'm sorry for messing about.

As far as productive time is concerned, I've been channeling it into my C&C mod (or updates for my website). It's the other project I'd like to get done before the break's over, and it is proceeding well. :) It's managed to get me using a 3D modelling package for the first time in ages which has been amusing to see my ego die inside. :lol:

A short story could be an idea. I'll admit that I did make a small start on the FPS one and it was pretty good. :D But I'm realising that work will need to continue on LE soon. I've got about 5 weeks before next semester starts so I'd like to get everything done before then. For what it's worth I'm sorry for messing about.

As far as productive time is concerned, I've been channeling it into my C&C mod (or updates for my website). It's the other project I'd like to get done before the break's over, and it is proceeding well. :) It's managed to get me using a 3D modelling package for the first time in ages which has been amusing to see my ego die inside. :lol:

I think it is good that you are channeling your time into the C&C mod.

5 weeks is a good goal for the final release of LE.

Time for an update I think! :)

I've got the following plan for the next four weeks:
Week 1: Finish C&C, as well as any misc. things I can fit in. Start casting for voice actors for Lost Eden.
Weeks 2-4: Finish Lost Eden (the same todo list as before).

As far as it goes, the C&C mod is going very well. In a few more days it should be complete! Some effort to go but definitely home stretch. :)

Bdanv is also starting to make moves towards working on an Eden GOTM. I'll start coordinating with him straight away, as well as giving the current one a bit of a play later on today or tomorrow.

I hope your cold has cleared up. :goodjob: Any news while I haven't been lurking as much as I normally do? :)

Time for an update I think! :)

I was wondering. :)

I've got the following plan for the next four weeks:
Week 1: Finish C&C, as well as any misc. things I can fit in. Start casting for voice actors for Lost Eden.

Thanks for letting me know. I hope to get a progress report next Monday telling me that you have cleared the deck for LE!

Weeks 2-4: Finish Lost Eden (the same todo list as before).

Good.

As far as it goes, the C&C mod is going very well. In a few more days it should be complete! Some effort to go but definitely home stretch. :)

Good to hear.

Bdanv is also starting to make moves towards working on an Eden GOTM. I'll start coordinating with him straight away, as well as giving the current one a bit of a play later on today or tomorrow.

That is great.

I hope your cold has cleared up. :goodjob:

It has. Thank you.

Any news while I haven't been lurking as much as I normally do? :)

GooglyBoogly (the Datalinks updater) is back. :)

Hey vyeh!

I thought that I better keep you in the loop. :) As I'm aware that time is running out on my holiday, and the C&C mod isn't yet complete, I'm deciding as of today to drop C&C for the time being and work on Lost Eden proper. In fact I have been colouring in a picture of Meora... so much work has gone into it that it took up the entire day! Haha. :lol:. I will get to answering emails and so on tomorrow... I'm a bit short of time this evening but thought that you deserve being up to date! I hope that every thing is going well with you. :)

Hey vyeh!

I thought that I better keep you in the loop. :)

11 days. I was getting worried.

As I'm aware that time is running out on my holiday, and the C&C mod isn't yet complete, I'm deciding as of today to drop C&C for the time being and work on Lost Eden proper. In fact I have been colouring in a picture of Meora... so much work has gone into it that it took up the entire day! Haha. :lol:.

Glad to hear about the progress. Where will the picture of Meora be used?

I will get to answering emails and so on tomorrow... I'm a bit short of time this evening but thought that you deserve being up to date! I hope that every thing is going well with you. :)

Everything is fine. It is hot. I assume it is the winter season in Perth.

11 days. I was getting worried.
Sorry to make you worry sir. :)

Glad to hear about the progress. Where will the picture of Meora be used?
I'll attach a copy of it here so you can see how it's going. Still to do shading but hey he's looking good so far.

Everything is fine. It is hot. I assume it is the winter season in Perth.
It is cold yeah, well Australian cold, so perhaps 15 degrees (centegrade) at the absolute worst. I have to wear long pants AND a jumper! Crazy!

Something I'd like to discuss is how casting the voice actors is going to be organised. Getting half of them done is no problem, and in fact one of my goals today is to get all the recordings I'm going to do complete, but getting the full 16 characters out of the way is going to be a challenge. Here's a list of the characters for reference:

• Already accounted for:
  • Tristan - Me
  • Oblivion - Me
  • Meora - Me
  • Navius - Me
  • Cathel - Me

Male:
  • Saig
  • Rakash
  • Darrus
  • Arko
  • Jack
  • Chuck
  • Toad is technically a character but he has no lines, deliberately. :)

Boys:
  • Lukas
  • Morgius

Females:
  • Edge
  • Karthinia
  • Victoria
I can probably rope some of my friends in for half of the generic males, and perhaps some aunties for the females. It's a logistical challenge, which is why I thought I'd bring it up. Perhaps an advert on my channel.

I've been knocking off a few of the small minor script tweaks that I had written down while waiting for things to quiet down. Stay tuned about the recordings I'll do today. :D

Sabotage! Haha I wasn't given a moment's peace today. :( Ah well I'll do it tomorrow instead.

Attachments

• Jul10 meora flat colours censored.png
    Jul10 meora flat colours censored.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 41
Another milestone: This is now the longest English SMAC thread. (This was the previous record holder.)

I'll attach a copy of it here so you can see how it's going. Still to do shading but hey he's looking good so far.

It looks nice.

Something I'd like to discuss is how casting the voice actors is going to be organised. Getting half of them done is no problem, and in fact one of my goals today is to get all the recordings I'm going to do complete, but getting the full 16 characters out of the way is going to be a challenge. Here's a list of the characters for reference:

• Already accounted for:
  • Tristan - Me
  • Oblivion - Me
  • Meora - Me
  • Navius - Me
  • Cathel - Me

Male:
  • Saig
  • Rakash
  • Darrus
  • Arko
  • Jack
  • Chuck
  • Toad is technically a character but he has no lines, deliberately. :)

Boys:
  • Lukas
  • Morgius

Females:
  • Edge
  • Karthinia
  • Victoria
I can probably rope some of my friends in for half of the generic males, and perhaps some aunties for the females. It's a logistical challenge, which is why I thought I'd bring it up. Perhaps an advert on my channel.

How would it work if someone volunteered through your channel?

I've been knocking off a few of the small minor script tweaks that I had written down while waiting for things to quiet down. Stay tuned about the recordings I'll do today. :D

Sabotage! Haha I wasn't given a moment's peace today. :( Ah well I'll do it tomorrow instead.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Another milestone: This is now the longest English SMAC thread. (This was the previous record holder.)
Ha awesome! :D Well thanks very much for your help in that vyeh. :goodjob:

It looks nice.
Thank you! I will work on finishing him off shortly. :)

How would it work if someone volunteered through your channel?
I think that what happens normally is that people make a recording of some sample lines and then send that as a video to me. :)

Looking forward to tomorrow.
I've done some of my lines! In particular, all of Meora's ones. This includes the C&C computer voice, Lost Eden computer voice and the two technologies he quotes for. :)

I just thrown some fruit over his genitalia as a quick censor. I haven't done anything official as of yet... it depends if I need to show him waist down anywhere. I've removed the picture, just in case.

Work wise, I did 4 of the tech longs yesterday. :) They were harder to write than I had thought.

I think that I may be recovering from a cold soon. If this is the case, I'll focus on artwork rather than recordings for a short while. This will also be my focus today. :) Yugioh tourament tomorrow!

EDIT: Yeah, I'm recovering from a cold! I didn't get up to much today because of it. Still I will endeavour to soldier on and be ready for work on Sunday. :)

I just thrown some fruit over his genitalia as a quick censor. I haven't done anything official as of yet... it depends if I need to show him waist down anywhere. I've removed the picture, just in case.

I think the classic fig leaf would be best, if you need a cover.

Work wise, I did 4 of the tech longs yesterday. :) They were harder to write than I had thought.

How about posting them?

I think that I may be recovering from a cold soon. If this is the case, I'll focus on artwork rather than recordings for a short while. This will also be my focus today. :) Yugioh tourament tomorrow!

EDIT: Yeah, I'm recovering from a cold! I didn't get up to much today because of it. Still I will endeavour to soldier on and be ready for work on Sunday. :)

Sorry to hear about the cold.

It is very hot (triple digits on the Fahrenheit scale) here.

I think the classic fig leaf would be best, if you need a cover.
Alright sure. From memory I only have autumn leaves as "stamps" in that program, but there's always Google.

How about posting them?
Alright sure.

Religious Expression:
Before newcomers began to arrive in Eden, religion was almost non-existent with natives living like animals. However, the influx of people arriving in Eden brought with them all matter of religious beliefs. Such {Religious Expression} brought meaning to not only the natives but also the societies founded by the newcomers.

Path of Destruction:
The opportunity of a new life was a godsend for some, who viewed their new life as an opportunity to have a good time. Rooted in opposition to [Religious Expression], these people devoted themselves to the flesh and base desires. Of course,
the demonic forces that control such matters soon moved in&#8212;turning self-serving pleasure-seekers into demon worshippers. This {Path of Destruction}, triggered by selfish desires, ultimately destroys its followers.

Social Constructs:
When people wake up in a new body, completely naked and in a strange new world, confusion and anarchy quickly prevail. Emerging leaders soon recognised the importance of {Social Constructs}: basic tools for managing a fledging society.

Defence & Tactics:
Newcomers to Eden soon discovered hostile natives and bickering factions. This unpleasant reality necessitated an organised and practical approach to offensive and defensive combat. {Defence & Tactics} included several important decisions, such as the construction of outposts and training of patrols to watch for native or enemy activity.

Sorry to hear about the cold.
Thank you! Thanks to God it's been a lot nicer than usual... I expect to be able to work tomorrow. :)

It is very hot (triple digits on the Fahrenheit scale) here.
Time to strip down! :lol: Haha that may not be necessary but keep it cool man, somehow!

Alright sure.

Religious Expression:
Before newcomers began to arrive in Eden, religion was almost non-existent with natives living like animals. However, the influx of people arriving in Eden brought with them all matter of religious beliefs. Such {Religious Expression} brought meaning to not only the natives but also the societies founded by the newcomers.

Path of Destruction:
The opportunity of a new life was a godsend for some, who viewed their new life as an opportunity to have a good time. Rooted in opposition to [Religious Expression], these people devoted themselves to the flesh and base desires. Of course,
the demonic forces that control such matters soon moved in—turning self-serving pleasure-seekers into demon worshippers. This {Path of Destruction}, triggered by selfish desires, ultimately destroys its followers.

Social Constructs:
When people wake up in a new body, completely naked and in a strange new world, confusion and anarchy quickly prevail. Emerging leaders soon recognised the importance of {Social Constructs}: basic tools for managing a fledging society.

Defence & Tactics:
Newcomers to Eden soon discovered hostile natives and bickering factions. This unpleasant reality necessitated an organised and practical approach to offensive and defensive combat. {Defence & Tactics} included several important decisions, such as the construction of outposts and training of patrols to watch for native or enemy activity.

These are nice.

Top Bottom