Lost Eden development thread

As a quick summary of what's been going on this week, I've been primarily studying as I have Uni on soon and need to get to work. I did have a friend over to play some Lost Eden though, was pretty cool. :D

When do you think you will be able to get back to LE?

How are you going over in sunny USA?

Very, very hot and humid! :(

Yay, second time typing this. XD I hope that you can do something about the heat. :eek: Go to the beach or something perhaps.

As far as LE goes, I aim to erode away at it when I can. Things like working on recordings on some evenings, etc. :)

As far as artwork goes, most of them are smaller images that could be done with either vectors or simple pictures. Others include things I may be able to Google an image for and others again are big works that'll involve pencil to paper and all the various followup etc. such as an angel for the title screen. There's also the bioscans to consider.

Yay, second time typing this. XD I hope that you can do something about the heat. :eek: Go to the beach or something perhaps.

Air-conditioned gym! :)

As far as LE goes, I aim to erode away at it when I can. Things like working on recordings on some evenings, etc. :)

I approve of this strategy. Get a little done each day.

As far as artwork goes, most of them are smaller images that could be done with either vectors or simple pictures. Others include things I may be able to Google an image for and others again are big works that'll involve pencil to paper and all the various followup etc. such as an angel for the title screen.

I look forward to seeing the art.

There's also the bioscans to consider.

I think there is a thread over at WPC about how to create bioscans.

Air-conditioned gym! :)
Haha that would work! Although the sweat helps to keep the weight down... Ha I'm reminded of an image of a gym with escalators outside that everybody was using to avoid climbing the 6 step staircase. :lol:

I approve of this strategy. Get a little done each day.
I'll try! I am aware that I may be recovering from another cold. Not going to have a bar of it if possible--I'll let you know.

I look forward to seeing the art.
Thank you! I'll strive to organise the individual images and plan them out if nothing else soon.

I think there is a thread over at WPC about how to create bioscans.
I have seen it--bioscans are in a format whos converter has a 21 day trial period. I'm aware that once I start them I need to get them all done pretty quickly.

Haha that would work! Although the sweat helps to keep the weight down...

Sweat loss is water loss, which isn't a good thing.

I am aware that I may be recovering from another cold.

Sorry to hear that.

I'll strive to organise the individual images and plan them out if nothing else soon.

I look forward to it.

I have seen it--bioscans are in a format whos converter has a 21 day trial period. I'm aware that once I start them I need to get them all done pretty quickly.

So you need to wait until you have a block of time.

Sweat loss is water loss, which isn't a good thing.
Sure from memory people only do sauna stuff if they need to quickly get into a lower weight class or something.

Sorry to hear that.
Same thinking here-- in fact I decided I didn't want it so I asked God to take care of it, threw some Bible verses around and basically dodged almost all of the symptoms! :D I'm feeling fine, still coughing/blowing nose a bit, but otherwise fine. :) I'll do some LE recording tomorrow night.

I look forward to it.
I haven't done this yet--it was on my to-do-list for today but it is 10PM now so I'm thinking a good job for tomorrow.

So you need to wait until you have a block of time.
Yes! :)

EDIT: I've recorded Oblivion's lines now. Still to edit them into ingame format but I'll do that tonight. :)

I look forward to seeing the sketch.
Nothing yet sadly, my sister wouldn't let me have the light on when I sat down to make a start. I'm thinking of having a daily sketch time so I get through these in a reasonable timeframe... trying to organise my life to have Uni and personal projects work out well! :goodjob:

It is very hot! :(
Get a lion cloth. :mischief: Haha or one of those hats with drinks (typically beer but something better like Gatorade/Powerade or whatever) on top! :lol:

Have you been following the developments scient has been making? Just wondering I should invest 30 minutes to poke around there.

Nothing yet sadly, my sister wouldn't let me have the light on when I sat down to make a start. I'm thinking of having a daily sketch time so I get through these in a reasonable timeframe... trying to organise my life to have Uni and personal projects work out well! :goodjob:

Whenever you get to it, I look forward to it.

Get a lion cloth. :mischief:

Is that furry?

Have you been following the developments scient has been making? Just wondering I should invest 30 minutes to poke around there.

No. I think most of the developments is on the IRC, which I am not following. I saw a post by him where he mentioned "freezing" the developments (I am sure you can find it if you search for his posts).

Is that furry?
Oops I meant loin! Haha spelling. :p

No. I think most of the developments is on the IRC, which I am not following. I saw a post by him where he mentioned "freezing" the developments (I am sure you can find it if you search for his posts).
I think I'll pop onto the IRC sometime today and see how everything is going then.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to doing voice recording when I said I could--had to deal with assignment people. What I did get done yesterday though was a drawing of an angel, for the title screen. :D There's still work to go before it's done, but it's made a great start so far. :)

Sure, I can do a quick censor and post. :)

Attachments

• Aug13 angel floating small.jpg
    Aug13 angel floating small.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 53
That's a good idea. :) What I've done ties into the story a bit more... I'll explain.

The title screen recreates this interlude (an excerept):
There are images carved into these walls. This place is so old yet a surprising amount of colour and detail has been retained. This seems to be a story of some kind--there are panels with hieroglyphics underneath. The images vary greatly; there's a naked boy with a small demon on his shoulder, an angel, the depths of space, lands rising out of the ocean, and a purple and olive male dragon.

The heiroglypics on the walls line up with the pictures:
Naked boy with small demon on his shoulder
Our prince was once on the verge of total victory. Slowly he began to possess and control a human in order to gain access to the physical realms.
Angel
But then The One who was bound was set free by The Great Father for his own purposes and glory. The One was reborn and complete as The Great Father had ordained.
The depths of space
Our prince was cast out to wander the emptiness and die. But the will of Our Prince was not to be denied.
Lands rising out of the ocean
Creating a world in his own image, Our Prince set into motion a great plan to retake The One and establish his will forever.
Meora
Drawing others into his world, Our Prince continued to grow in power, and created a body for himself. Our Prince, Meora, will not be denied his rightful place as Ruler of not only the Physical World, but so much more.

The title screen shows the middle 3 panels, with the words "Lost Eden" replacing the picture for the depths of space one. :)

Top Bottom