1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Eden development thread

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Kilkakon, May 31, 2010.

1. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

When do you think you will be able to get back to LE?

Very, very hot and humid! :(

2. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Yay, second time typing this. XD I hope that you can do something about the heat. :eek: Go to the beach or something perhaps.

As far as LE goes, I aim to erode away at it when I can. Things like working on recordings on some evenings, etc. :)

As far as artwork goes, most of them are smaller images that could be done with either vectors or simple pictures. Others include things I may be able to Google an image for and others again are big works that'll involve pencil to paper and all the various followup etc. such as an angel for the title screen. There's also the bioscans to consider.

3. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Air-conditioned gym! :)

I approve of this strategy. Get a little done each day.

I look forward to seeing the art.

I think there is a thread over at WPC about how to create bioscans.

4. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Haha that would work! Although the sweat helps to keep the weight down... Ha I'm reminded of an image of a gym with escalators outside that everybody was using to avoid climbing the 6 step staircase. :lol:

I'll try! I am aware that I may be recovering from another cold. Not going to have a bar of it if possible--I'll let you know.

Thank you! I'll strive to organise the individual images and plan them out if nothing else soon.

I have seen it--bioscans are in a format whos converter has a 21 day trial period. I'm aware that once I start them I need to get them all done pretty quickly.

5. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Sweat loss is water loss, which isn't a good thing.

Sorry to hear that.

I look forward to it.

So you need to wait until you have a block of time.

6. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Sure from memory people only do sauna stuff if they need to quickly get into a lower weight class or something.

Same thinking here-- in fact I decided I didn't want it so I asked God to take care of it, threw some Bible verses around and basically dodged almost all of the symptoms! :D I'm feeling fine, still coughing/blowing nose a bit, but otherwise fine. :) I'll do some LE recording tomorrow night.

I haven't done this yet--it was on my to-do-list for today but it is 10PM now so I'm thinking a good job for tomorrow.

Yes! :)

EDIT: I've recorded Oblivion's lines now. Still to edit them into ingame format but I'll do that tonight. :)

7. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Good to hear that.

8. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

This evening I cleaned up the aforementioned recordings and put them ingame. They work great. :)

My plans are to get a sketch done tomorrow night, and do some more recordings on Thursday. :)

I hope you are keeping cool!

9. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Great!

I look forward to seeing the sketch.

It is very hot! :(

10. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Nothing yet sadly, my sister wouldn't let me have the light on when I sat down to make a start. I'm thinking of having a daily sketch time so I get through these in a reasonable timeframe... trying to organise my life to have Uni and personal projects work out well! :goodjob:

Get a lion cloth. :mischief: Haha or one of those hats with drinks (typically beer but something better like Gatorade/Powerade or whatever) on top! :lol:

Have you been following the developments scient has been making? Just wondering I should invest 30 minutes to poke around there.

11. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Whenever you get to it, I look forward to it.

Is that furry?

No. I think most of the developments is on the IRC, which I am not following. I saw a post by him where he mentioned "freezing" the developments (I am sure you can find it if you search for his posts).

12. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Oops I meant loin! Haha spelling. :p

I think I'll pop onto the IRC sometime today and see how everything is going then.

13. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Are you still working on recordings for Lost Eden?

14. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Ah good point--When I think of them and have a spare evening I get a few done. I should be able to do some (I'd do my character) in about 30 minutes or so. :)

15. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Let me know your progress. :)

16. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

I'm sorry that I didn't get to doing voice recording when I said I could--had to deal with assignment people. What I did get done yesterday though was a drawing of an angel, for the title screen. :D There's still work to go before it's done, but it's made a great start so far. :)

17. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

How about posting the angel (assuming you have the G version)?

18. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

Sure, I can do a quick censor and post. :)

Attached Files:

19. vyeh

vyeh Chieftain

Query: Wouldn't the Tree of Knowledge (the one with the apple) better convey the idea of Lost Eden?

20. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Chieftain

That's a good idea. :) What I've done ties into the story a bit more... I'll explain.

The title screen recreates this interlude (an excerept):
    The heiroglypics on the walls line up with the pictures:
    Naked boy with small demon on his shoulder
    Angel
    The depths of space
    Lands rising out of the ocean
    Meora
    The title screen shows the middle 3 panels, with the words "Lost Eden" replacing the picture for the depths of space one. :)