Lost in Translation: What does this mean?

Ghiaman1334

Chieftain
I need help understanding some of this code. I know almost nothing about this sort of thing, so to progress in my modmaking I need to learn the lingo.
I'm trying to make a civ ability, and I arrive at the 'traits' section and find this:
Code:
INSERT INTO Traits                

(TraitType,                                                    Name,                                                                                 Description)
VALUES    ('TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_RRA_CIV_TRAIT',  'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_RRA_CIV_TRAIT_NAME',  'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_RRA_CIV_TRAIT_DESCRIPTION') 
                                     ('TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_RRA_CUSTOM','LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_RRA_CUSTOM_NAME''LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_RRA_CUSTOM_DESCRIPTION'),
        ('TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_RRA_CUSTOM_I',                'LOC_UNIT_RRA_CUSTOM_I_NAME',                                'LOC_UNIT_RRA_CUSTOM_I_DESCRIPTION'),           
        ('TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_RRA_CUSTOM_II',                'LOC_UNIT_RRA_CUSTOM_II_NAME',                                'LOC_UNIT_RRA_CUSTOM_II_DESCRIPTION');
Sorry if the formatting looks awful, I wanted to make sure the code looked good to me while copying it in, so I have no idea how it's going to look when I post this, especially as it doesn't even look that good to me now either.
The RRA is just my tag, and I think that's all that has been replaced.
What does this mean?

(Feel free, other new modders and such, to use this thread to place error messages or codes or what have you that you don't understand in here, as people may be able to help.)

So, if I wanted to anchor the trait to the civilization, I'd just use this:
('TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_RRA_CIV_TRAIT', 'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_RRA_CIV_TRAIT_NAME', 'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_RRA_CIV_TRAIT_DESCRIPTION')
As the ability I want to create is linked to the opposing military units (like the Varu's ability), would I need separate code for that in this section, or do I put this later?

Top Bottom