[R&F] loyalty

_ViKinG_

BERSERKER
Im on civ 6 again after the patch. only got 150 hours on the game so i dont know everything in it. But loyalty in cities around and those i capture i loose the cities.(playing on diety). i tried policy card to gain loyalty in my cities but not working. i feel its a Moderator Action: <<SNIP>> future in the game. cant settle couple of tiles away from my own cities because they will loose. how do i take it easily back? i gave up now. maybee im still too used to Civ 5 witch i like more. but the building stuff in 6 is cool but i cant have mutch fun with it with wars and stuff :/

Moderator Action: Please use appropriate language in your future posts. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best bet to deal with loyalty is to place governors in your new cities. I think units garrisoned in a city also effects loyalty, even without the policy card. You've already tried policy cards as well, so my only other recommendations might be:

1) if settling a new city, population size is key to maintain in loyalty. You can always send a builder with your settlers to build that pop fast. And monuments.

2) if capturing an enemy city, be sure to plan to take two or more in the first strike. This will reduce the pressure on the cities you want to keep.

Okey thanks for answer. I used a unit garrison in the city i captured to. It was a city state so i was only able to take 1 city. But germany gained most loyalty over that city after a while so i couldnt do anything.

If you choose the governor screen if I'm not mistaken it should show you how much loyalty a city is generating. That will give you an idea if a city is worth even trying to keep.

there is a loyalty lens that shows how much each city is generating, positive and negative. Also, the settler lens shows how much loyalty is affecting a tile before you settle it.

Loyalty's a half-baked system right now. It has potential, but we'll see if the developers take it there.

For now, what you most need to understand is that population is everything.

For peaceful expansion, you can safely forward settle as long as you bring a Builder and chop food resources to boost your population quickly. Later in the game for overseas expansion, bring three Settlers and three Builders and carve out a self-supporting piece of territory.

For military expansion, don't worry about it. If you lose the city, it only goes Free City with a couple of weak units. Whack them back under control at no diplomacy cost. Rinse and repeat until you control enough other cities nearby that they stop rebelling.

Im on civ 6 again after the patch. only got 150 hours on the game so i dont know everything in it. But loyalty in cities around and those i capture i loose the cities.(playing on diety). i tried policy card to gain loyalty in my cities but not working. i feel its a Moderator Action: <<SNIP>> future in the game. cant settle couple of tiles away from my own cities because they will loose. how do i take it easily back? i gave up now. maybee im still too used to Civ 5 witch i like more. but the building stuff in 6 is cool but i cant have mutch fun with it with wars and stuff :/

Moderator Action: Please use appropriate language in your future posts. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The trick is to remove the loyalty emanating from other cities; so if you capture an opponent's city you can expect that the city will rebel unless you quickly take their other cities. Let it rebel, move your army on, take their other cities and then come back to take the free city. The free cities are also a good source of steal-able workers.

I think loyalty is dodgy, I had cities flipping to me while they are 8 tiles away from my closest city and maybe 13 tiles from my Capitol. Then I had other new cities plopped down next to my huge cultural/loyalty borders, and they won't flip. You look at the loyalty screen and you are over-powering that little city by tonnes, but nothing happens until maybe 50 turns later, if you play peacefully. A monument and a govrnor should do the trick much quicker

Loyalty's a half-baked system right now. It has potential, but we'll see if the developers take it there.

For now, what you most need to understand is that population is everything.

For peaceful expansion, you can safely forward settle as long as you bring a Builder and chop food resources to boost your population quickly. Later in the game for overseas expansion, bring three Settlers and three Builders and carve out a self-supporting piece of territory.

For military expansion, don't worry about it. If you lose the city, it only goes Free City with a couple of weak units. Whack them back under control at no diplomacy cost. Rinse and repeat until you control enough other cities nearby that they stop rebelling.

Agreed. I posted about loyalty in another thread - here. But, in short, yeah, it really is only half baked.

I sort of like that you have to commit more to get new cities up because of loyalty. But then I also don’t, because it stops you having a small out post and organic growth. The system needs more flexibility and nuance.

I really don’t like how all Governors are basically the same too. They all give the same loyalty (other than sort of Amani), and they don’t get any better with more experienced. I’d like to be levelling up Victor and then sending him in to deal with the rebels “in their own way” (say Victor gives a base +6 loyalty, and all Governors give an additional +1 loyalty per level).

Some more projects or cards that impact loyalty would also be good. Or maybe your government level would have an effect? Or maybe you could use gold to buy loyalty for 10 turns? That would be fun.

Sometimes you have to hit it with everything you got. Governors, repair/build that monument, policy cards, trade route, war to take down an adjacent city, use builders to chop in population - Wheat, rice, cattle (not sheep, I like sheep), etc.

Top Bottom