M:C Monkey Work (XML editing)

The problem with wireless power transmission is

Well, what I meant was to show that the technology is possible, but in the future, ie 2071, they will have perfected it to the point where it is more practical, right:)

As for attracting more people I really hope it works. We could really benefit from it and so can other people wanting our mods even though they don't know they want them yet.

Already on the my steam account post one fellow said he was downloading it. There will be lots more people that simply view the threads or just download it and never even make a comment. Those Creation threads over at Civ4 generalyl have around a hundred people view them at any given time it seems.

Late last night I pushed Lib.Spi’t’s tech tree into World_History branch. I don’t know if that was done correctly or not. I haven’t included Lib.Spi’t’s yields because I don’t now whether they are different ones from his spreadsheet chart. If not, they are already included as commentaries.

I would like to know which monkey work you recommend me to take up next. Thanks to Orlanth, I am a bit into Perl scripts; I can’t program but I have been able to use, get a slight idea and make a substituting text script function, so now I think I could handle code chunks repetition and substitution.

As I said before, if possible, I prefer to continue with playable stuff rather than Colonopedia.

Late last night I pushed Lib.Spi’t’s tech tree into World_History branch. I don’t know if that was done correctly or not.
I can see the following problems:
  1. Lib.Spi’t uses World_History branch
  2. Trade--Winds uses master branch
  3. New civic file disabled relative tech position
  4. email notifications failed and I totally missed anything happened
We need a general concensus on which branch to use. The easiest approach would likely be to place everything in master and delete all other branches. That was my original concept until Lib.Spi’t added World_History.
Moving a commit from one branch to another isn't that tricky and that shouldn't be the important when deciding which branch to work on.

I would like to know which monkey work you recommend me to take up next. Thanks to Orlanth, I am a bit into Perl scripts; I can’t program but I have been able to use, get a slight idea and make a substituting text script function, so now I think I could handle code chunks repetition and substitution.
If you can at least use the scripts other people have written, then you will be ahead of Kailric :lol::p
I try to write as easy to use scripts as possible, though documentation might not be excellent. Inside the scripts directory there is a lot of scripts. Most if not all have a short description of their functionality in the top. Figuring out what options we already have available might not be a bad start.

If you can at least use the scripts other people have written, then you will be ahead of Kailric :lol::p

Ha ha, funny, guy, that's why I kill you last ;)

Well, on a lighter note, we had at least 9 downloads yesterday when last I checked and 4 already today, that's above average so I think the advertisement is working, just no one is brazen enough to make posts yet :)

I still hate using git...

Every time I try and do something it is not done right..

I still haven't been able to get my hands on a WH dll with the new tech placement system in it.

I have no idea what the changes are in master compared to World_History, I don't have any idea how I even got a second branch made... snd when I try to find out what is in the master branch I just get errors snd fails.

TW can you send me a copy of the civic file.

My next job (or if you fancy having a go TW) is to try and build the xmlgen script for WH, adding in all the new content for WH, professions, etc.

I attached the latest version of my design file, with all the yields (they should be the same as the code) plus a list of professions that make the yields. Some of them still won't be right yet when added, as extra code is needed for jobs like the smelter, who can produce multiple products, like the armourer.

Attachments

• Col. Thoughts.rar
    40.7 KB · Views: 53
I updated master. Now all updates from the two branches are in just one. I added some work on my own and it no longer asserts before reaching main menu. Also I readded the relative tech position code.

Lib.Spi't:
I removed World_History branch. In order to not re-introduce it I recommend that you remove your World_History clone and make a brand new one. That way you will get master without messing with git settings at all.

cool :cool: more Earthlings to assimilate.. :assimilate::scan:

Did you try getting them to put it on Desura? More than Steam or any other, that site is visited by people interested in modding in general. I tried to get them awhile back to open a page for Civ4Colonization modding but they didn't respond, maybe if enough people ask then they will.

Its strange, one day at the end of Feb there were like 48 hits.
I bet some of those were me trying to download the FPK pack :crazyeye:

Top Bottom