MAC-01 Indonesia

Yeah, it started the automatic download before I could check the preferences. I paused it, but...

Would love for you to join choleric.

Great!

So do we have to wait until the patch is released in the Mac Store or whats the plan? What is the batting order at as of now?

Also I'll be sure to communicate and participate in the discussion so we can complete this as a team, interested to learn different playing styles.

Great!

So do we have to wait until the patch is released in the Mac Store or whats the plan? What is the batting order at as of now?

We can continue the discussion for our current save. I've stopped the patch install, so I'm good to play with you guys. When the Mac store version gets the update, we can move up, assuming it will not break our game.

Batting order:
Methos --> UP!
choleric --> on deck
dojoboy

Also I'll be sure to communicate and participate in the discussion so we can complete this as a team, interested to learn different playing styles.

:goodjob:

Batting order:
Methos --> UP!
choleric --> on deck
dojoboy

:goodjob:

The below is my play through from the 15th. Technically dojoboy is up, though it doesn't matter if you want to take it or let choleric take it. I was wondering if you'd been too busy with RL to discuss. Guess you just missed my post. :)

Spoiler :
Turn 73, 1080 BC: Caravans are unavailable due to no possible land trade routes.

Cupertino -> Stone Works

IT Ottomans ask for Embassy's and I agree.

Turn 74, 1040 BC: WB reaches the clams and tosses its nets which bumps us up to 3 :c5happy:. I lock the citizen on that tile. Growth in 5 turns. The worker moves to the cow and starts on a pasture. The scout pops the hut and gains 20 :c5culture: and then embarks into the coastal tile. Move one of Cupertino's citizens off a farmed grass and onto the farmed horse for the additional +1 :c5production:.

IT: Catholicism is founded by someone and the world's most well fed are:

Turn 75, 1000 BC: Scout steps back onto the norther part of our continent. I found an island that might be worth settling on. It has iron and two Atolls which when improved are very nice.

The Wheel -> Mathematics (heading to Currency)

Turn 76, 975 BC: Cupertino Stone Works -> Settler

Turn 75, 950 BC: Worker finishes improving the dyes and heads towards the sheep near Mavericks.

Turn 79, 900 BC: Our scout comes upon a barbarian crossbow. With any luck we can escape. Mavericks grows a pop which I assign to the sheep to speed up the archer.

Turn 80, 875 BC: Worker reaches the sheep and starts a pasture. The barb crossbow leaves our scout alone, at least for now. The worker finishes improving the cow so I move him towards the farmed horse to switch the improvement.

Turn 81, 850 BC: Odd, we don't have OB with the Ottomans, yet I've seen them cross into our territory. Our trireme heads back to our cities, since we can't go any further.

Turn 82, 825 BC: Cupertino Settler -> Granary. The settler heads towards our new city location. I start production on a granary (3 turns) so that we can run caravans out of Cupertino to our own cities.

Mathematics -> Currency.

Hopefully after our third city is built its culture will quickly grab the cotton. I'm thinking after the worker improving the horses is done he should start improving tiles around our third city. The other worker upon completing the pasture on the sheep probably should improve that other dye so that we can trade it for some cash or another lux.

Our trireme might as well come back and protect our cities and nets.

I'm thinking we should build a couple of caravans in Cupertino after the granary and send food to the other two cities to speed up their growth. After the two caravans I'm not sure. Should we build a couple of archers for defense?

After Mavericks finishes the archer I'm thinking Library next, since the :c5food: caravans should speed up its growth quickly, earning us more :c5science:. I'm wondering if our third city should build a library first and then granary, or the other way around?

I realize that island is a ways off, but is it worth considering settling on? I may be biased because of those atolls. They are sweet tiles once improved. Not the best production, so probably not as good. :hmm:

Once that worker finishes switching from a farm to improved horses, Cupertino will be at -1 :c5food:, so make sure and switch that once its completed.

View attachment 363027

Roster:
Methos
dojoboy -> Up!

We're considering the one further away to the northeast, with the two atolls. I'd also like to unveil what's to our southeast soon.

@choleric: Feel free to give us your opinion on the game and where you think we should go from here. One of the reasons I enjoy SG's is because I can learn from other people's playing styles.

The island is under consideration, but as you can see, that's currently our only option unless you consider the 1-tile island just off of our coast.

We're considering the one further away to the northeast, with the two atolls. I'd also like to unveil what's to our southeast soon.

Sorry that was the one I was referring too.

So do we have any other possible locations (besides where the settler is headed now), or are we holding out for separate continents so we can utilize our UA?

Sorry that was the one I was referring too.

So do we have any other possible locations (besides where the settler is headed now), or are we holding out for separate continents so we can utilize our UA?

The current settler is heading to an established destination, by the mountains. We anticipate building a 4th city, possibly a 5th, on another landmass to gain the UA. I believe even capturing a city or CS on another landmass and making it a puppet also provides us the UA.

I believe even capturing a city or CS on another landmass and making it a puppet also provides us the UA.

I'm pretty sure you're right on this.

As dojoboy said, we're going with a three city plan due to our starting area and plan on our fourth, fifth, and sixth cities being off-continent for our UA. We just haven't found any other continents yet. That island is currently our only option.

Well, Steam will not let me play BNW w/out updating first. I've got auto updates turned off and the update paused, yet every time I click play the update begins anew. Frustrating. We may be sitting on this SG until the Mac App store update arrives.

Apologies. My family had a big 72nd B-day party for my mom this weekend, out of state. I'll be sure to play this evening.

Played w/ Steam version Fall Patch Update

1 ~ 775 BC - 84

* moving Scout & Trireme
IBT - Accept DoF w/ Suleiman

2 ~ 750 BC - 85

* Mavericks b. Archer, set to Library
* Cupertino b. Granary, set to Caravan
* Maharaj-ji founded, set to Library

3 ~ 725 BC - 86

* Sheep improved
IBT - friendly trade route (Edirne > Cupertino plundered by barbs)

4 ~ 700 BC - 87

* Scout met Sydney
IBT - Hanging Gardens built in a far away land

5 ~ 675 BC - 88

* Worker starts pasture on Maharaj-ji's Horses
* Worker starts plantation on Mavericks's Dyes
IBT - Stonehenge built in a far away land

6 ~ 650 BC - 89

* Caravan b. in Cupertino, set to Caravan
* Caravan begins transporting food to Maharaj-ji
IBT - Great Lighthouse built in a far away land

7 ~ 625 BC - 90

* moving Scout & Trireme

8 ~ 600 BC - 91

* moving Scout & Trireme

9 ~ 575 BC - 92

* Trireme attacks barb galley N-E of Cupertino
IBT - Ottoman Trireme sinks barb galley

10 ~ 550 BC - 93

* Cupertino b. Caravan, set to ??? (work boat?)
* Caravan begins transporting food to Mavericks

Recap:

(1) Currency in 2 turns, begin ?
(2) Next SP in 2 turns, select ?
(3) Treasury at 181 gold w/ -3 got

Batting order:
Methos --> on deck
dojoboy
choleric --> UP!

Attachments

• Indonesia_550BC.jpg
    Indonesia_550BC.jpg