MAC-01 Indonesia

So, should will I be able to play this save without the patch?

As far as research, what direction are we heading and what should I select after Currency? When do we build markets once Currency is done?

I assuming we stick to the Tradition Social Policies?

So, should will I be able to play this save without the patch?

As far as research, what direction are we heading and what should I select after Currency? When do we build markets once Currency is done?

I assuming we stick to the Tradition Social Policies?

I don't think you can play until the fall patch is released for the Mac App Store version, but it should be soon.

Methos pitched beelining for Education at this point.

Yes, the plan is to finish the Tradition branch, but we should decide which one next.

Sorry, but this week has been extremely busy every evening. With all the Halloween events pre-Halloween we didn't even need to go Trick-or-Treating. My girls have way too much candy!

I plan on getting the Steam version of BNW tonight and will look over the save this weekend.

I hear ya, Methos. I had parent conferences this week, along with Halloween festivities. And, I'm in wrestling season now and have our first tourney this Saturday. I happy to just get an hour staring at the wall this time of year.

lurker's comment: Methos had asked me for assistance to see whether MAC and Windows are still compatible after the patch. So I played two turns on your last save and upload it here for you to see if it's still compatible with your game version.

Big caveat: nobody should play ahead of where the game is! I broke a rule here, well, not really if I'm not giving you info that you would otherwise not have known, but if any of you guys are opening this save you're basically braking a 101 game rule. So maybe you shouldn't open this save, but it's up to you, 2 turns isn't much, really, nobody will probably lose any sleep over it.

What I was surprised about in this save is that you have caravans going, while your towns are coastal. Cargo ships are twice as effective, although admittedly more vulnerable to plundering. But you could have 1 cargo ship carrying 7 food instead of having 2 caravans each carrying 3.5, saving a trade route for perhaps gold trading (probably not yet with that coastal barb camp around).

You have a 4-pack of horses ready to be traded, just need to refresh the order to the worker so that he finishes it this turn. I would trade the lot to Suleiman for 90g + 3gpt, that could leave him with enough money to sell him the dyes that finish the turn after for 240 in hand.
For Social Policy I would pick Monarchy, for the happiness, so you can sustain your growth. You could still swap your last dyes for copper with Isabella, that way you become friends with 2 City States, a Commercial one and a Maritime one.

For tech choice I would definitely do the one that enables the National College, you're already building libraries in all your towns. I would have picked that one before Currency, then you could almost have been building the National College already, after rushing a library in your newest town - you have more than enough money for that after a bit of trading.

Check the tiles your citizens are working. There's a finished horse pasture near Cupertino that no town is working, I would have that new town on the south coast working it, helps with finishing the library there. I would also rather be working that plains-dyes tile in the south-east instead of a bland 2-food tile, your caravans are carrying enough food around to enable you to work tiles with a higher yield.

And I would get out with my units, have them barb camp hunting, just keep any trireme at home to protect your fishing boats.

The save is turn 95, by the way. Don't open it unless you really want to - I hope it'll work for you, though.

I'll take a peek, Optional.

I guess the Civ5 Mac App Store update is still not ready.

Yesterday, my new 27-inch iMac arrived. :D

Top Bottom