Magister Modmod

Could you show me the python, please? It'd be a huge help - I'd like to allow the Scion's Haunted Lands to be created without needing to get rid of improvements first. I can't look at a downloaded copy - I had to re-download everything last week after a HD crash.

Here is the bloom code.
Code:
def reqBloom(caster):
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if pPlot.isWater():
		return False
	iNewForest= gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_NEW')
	iForest= gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST')
	iAncientForest= gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT')
	iJungle= gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_JUNGLE')	
	if pPlot.getTerrainType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_GRASS') and pPlot.getTerrainType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_PLAINS') and pPlot.getTerrainType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_TUNDRA'):
		return False
	if (pPlot.getFeatureType() == iNewForest or pPlot.getFeatureType() == iForest or pPlot.getFeatureType() == iAncientForest or pPlot.getFeatureType() == iJungle):
		return False
	if (pPlayer.getCivilizationType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_SVARTALFAR') and pPlayer.getCivilizationType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_LJOSALFAR')):
		if pPlot.isCity():
			return False
		if pPlot.getImprovementType() != -1:
			return False
	return True

def spellBloom(caster):
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	pPlot.setFeatureType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_NEW'),0)

I went ahead and dropped the class, so I'll probably start on the modmod again soon. (Although I'm still hoping that Veham will include the latest xienwolf modcomp first so I don't have to do as much SDK work)

Any requests for the next version? Any ideas for Force or Creation spheres? If I can think of spells (or expect that I will eventually), I might as well implement all 21 mana types in the next version.

Also, how exactly would I go about making all the spheres appear on the mana bar? Does anyone have good icons and promotions pics for these spheres?

Thanks! That should show me what to do. :thumbsup:

Creation

Cornucopia
Gives +1 :health: for every creation mana, and saves 20% :food: after growth.

Dryad
Summons a dryad unit, which is a permenant summon. The unit has no strength, but has access to Tier I & II of one of the following sphere- Life, Nature, or Creation.

Begining
The caster is sacrificed to create a random resource (logically chosen, so no Deer in deserts).

u should use the spell chart that shows all the different spheres and what they oppose to get icons for the spheres. i think xienwolf has a link to it in his sig

Force 1: Deflect Arrows

Gives units in the tile a promotion giving them a 20% bonus against archery units.

Force 2:

Increases hammer production of workshops in a radius of 2 squares by 2.

Force 3: Force shield

Prevents enemy units entering any tile next to the one the caster is in, including the one where the caster is in. But does not remove units already present in the target area.

It it weren't for CtD's a weird bug that makes the game go crazy when you try to use worldbuilder, I'd probably release a new version pretty soon. I'll probably just start over after the next patch of the main game.

I'm afraid that Archers may be too useful in my version. In my current game the AI is using their ranged attacks very effectively, and my invasion is not going well.

Edit: Well, I solved the worldbuilder problem. I think it was due to one spell referencing a non-existent pedia entry. I haven't really fixed the tendency to CtD though. I'll probably start over after the next patch anyway.

Hate to see this topic drop off the first page, so I thought I'd give it a <bump>.

Since we're up to patch 'i' and it looks like the major changes are all done and we have a good, stable version, maybe it's a good time to re-implement the modmod. Or are you still buried in schoolwork?

Well, I do have plenty of school stuff to do, but mostly I'm waiting for xienwolf 's xml modcomp and Vehem's Fall Further to be updated to the latest patch. Many of my ideas depend pretty heavily on SDK/schema changes included in one mod or the other. (I'm really hoping that I can convince vehem to go ahead and include all the xml modcomp changes, since my last attemp to merge the mods failed.)

I guess it is possible that I could be convince to release a less complete version while waiting for someone to do the SDK/schema work for me...

No rush. There's plenty in FF to keep me amused. Just wanted to let you know there's still interest out here.

Well, I do have plenty of school stuff to do, but mostly I'm waiting for xienwolf 's xml modcomp and Vehem's Fall Further to be updated to the latest patch. Many of my ideas depend pretty heavily on SDK/schema changes included in one mod or the other. (I'm really hoping that I can convince vehem to go ahead and include all the xml modcomp changes, since my last attemp to merge the mods failed.)

No persuasion needed. It's good work and I can use it myself - so I'll be including all of the SDK side, including the new XML fields.

:clap: :bowdown: :worship: :clap: :yeah:

All the SDK/xml schema changes? Thank you!

I do wonder whether it might be better not to include all the modcomps xienwolf included though. He isn't planning on using most of them himself, since he suspects one of causing lots of WoC errors. Feel free to use include them if you can fix the bugs though.

Have you considered implementing anything I had requested of xienwolf that he hadn't added yet too? Especially the ones I mentioned in the FF thread today? How about making things like Broader Alignments inot game options?

Do you have an ETA on FF 0.40 yet? I'd be tempted to start my next modmod as soon as you release it, but I should probably focus more on a school project for the next couple weeks. Thus, delaying it a little (especially if that means including more of my requests) would probably be better for me. It might anger most of the fans of Fall Further though.

:clap: :bowdown: :worship: :clap: :yeah:

All the SDK/xml schema changes? Thank you!

I do wonder whether it might be better not to include all the modcomps xienwolf included though. He isn't planning on using most of them himself, since he suspects one of causing lots of WoC errors. Feel free to use include them if you can fix the bugs though.

Have you considered implementing anything I had requested of xienwolf that he hadn't added yet too? Especially the ones I mentioned in the FF thread today? How about making things like Broader Alignments inot game options?

Do you have an ETA on FF 0.40 yet? I'd be tempted to start my next modmod as soon as you release it, but I should probably focus more on a school project for the next couple weeks. Thus, delaying it a little (especially if that means including more of my requests) would probably be better for me. It might anger most of the fans of Fall Further though.

Hmm - I've just got to the point where I was going to start merging these in - but having looked at what Xien has said in his thread regarding a ground-up rewrite, it might not be a good idea at this point. The part that really appealed to me for the future is the exact part he's wanting to keep in the rewrite (and I think that was the part you wanted too).

As Xien is sure that theres an intermittent crash problem - I don't really want to introduce that into Fall Further. I can see a lot of future uses for the XML work in the modcomp, but at this moment in time I'm not relying on any of them and I can't justify adding a potential CtD for sake of some future modifications, especially when Xien is planning to rewrite the exact parts I'm interested in anyway.

I know that you really wanted it included this time around - but if I did that all of the other FF-players would have to put up with the CtD issue, or wait potentially much longer whilst I tried to isolate it (if Xien can't locate it easily with how familiar he is with the changes, then it'd take me a very long time I suspect).

==

In anycase - I've PM'd Xienwolf about it - if we can fix it, we will - but I thought I'd better let you know if you were going to be relying on it.

(and I think that was the part you wanted too).

Not really.

So far not much luck with isolating the intermittent crash, so I am going to re-write the code from the ground up. I'll be dropping the MODCOMPs which I am not personally planning to use as well, so if you want the code for those, save it somewhere.

Keeping:
Dom Pedro's Food from Animals
Bhruic's Trade Fix

Ditching:
Dom Pedro's Dynamic Unique Units
xednix's Technology Affected Buildings
TheLopez's Resources from Civics
Jean Elcard's Obsolete Buildings

Main thing I will be doing while re-writing the code is making certain that WinMerge will actually acknowledge the added code AS added code. The commenting system I use now does this fairly well for most things, but there are some areas where it doesn't work so well. This means I will be changing the format of the code to be slightly different in how you read it (no lines with just a start or end bracket)

Most of what I want was written by xienwolf personally, and so won't be removed. While I wouldn't mind having the other included modcomps too, the only one that featured prominently in my plans was xienwolf's version of food from anaimals, which he is keeping. True, Obsolete Buildings could make my life easier when I get around to implementing advanced temples, but it wouldn't be too hard to to use some python blocks instead.

I often see you posting things like: "I was planning to add X in my modmod" or "I have altered X in my modmod" and other messages along those lines. So I am curious, how far along are you? I mean this in a purely non-confrontational way, I am just wondering what you are up to!

So far I'm just been ideating and playing around with a few changes in modmods like Fall Further and Orbi Modmod. I have several versions of my modmod on my computer, but none were really finished and none are compatible with recent versions of FfH or the BtS 3.17 patch. I managed to break most of them in unexplained ways when I was getting close to releasing it, and I didn't document them as well as I should have/plan to.

The main reason I haven't started serious work on my modmod is I'd rather have other people to the hard work for me. Many of my ideas depend on changes made in Broader Alignments and Xienwolf's XML Modcomp. I tried to merge them (actually, I tried to merge xienwolf's and Fall Further, since that includes Broader Alignments) once, but it didn't really work. I have managed to compile my own DLL and to make minor changes, but my C++ skills aren't very good. I've never been able to get xml schema changes to work for me. I have however been able to convince Vehem to include most of the modmods I plan to incorporate in mine into Fall Further. I plan to either borrow the DLL of Fall Further directly or take his source files and make some fairly simple changes to it to use for my modmod. Serious development on Magister Modmod can't continue until I have a DLL that allows the needed schema changes.

Also, I am pretty busy with school right now, and will be for the rest of the month. After that, I'll have a little over two weeks off with absolutely nothing to do except work on my modmod. Assuming that Vehem releases a stable DLL including Xienwolf's xml modcomp by the last day of the month, I should have a new version of my modmod ready to release when I move back for the fall semester (we still have dial-up at home, so it would be hard to release between the first and the 17th of August)

I just finished my finals, so its modding time.

Should the next version of my modmod include all of Fall Further, or just be based on the same (or only slightly modified) DLL?

Well, it's your time and work, so you should decide... but if you ask in that way ... :p

At least for my part, your modmod "just" being based on the same dll would be more appealing.

Not b/c I don't like FF, but if really everything from FF is in there, then it might turn into a Modmod's Mod :crazyeye:
On top of that you stated that many ideas over the last months: it would be great to actually see them "in action" and as you always got serious problems breaking your modmod all of a sudden, perhaps a fresh start with documented changes would be helpful to avoid this this time.

Top Bottom