Magister Modmod

I would (again. I've basically done that 4 times, but was a little careless after I thought I had figured out what step messed me up), but .31 is supposed to come out tomorrow. I'd rather wait and be able to take advantage of some of the new functions (like pyOnCombatVictory and pyOnCombatDefeat)

Well, I just got back to school about 15 minutes ago (I'm stuck with dial-up at home), so I haven;t even downloaded .31 yet. I'm planning on making the next version a modmod of .31, and I'd probably want to play it unmodded first to see what changes I think it could use, and then take a look at the code to see what changes I could easily do. It might also be good to wait for a few more patches so I'll have a more stable base to work off of.

I'm also still behind on a school project, so it may be a while before I can even start. No ETA ATM.

Magister, while looking through your code, I saw that the reason altars of bhall don't work properly is that you did not tell it to chop down forests when it is built in CIV4BuildInfos.

Are you sure? You know they are not supposed to be able to be built on forests anyway, just on Flames. Still, I probably won't keep them.

According to the improvement info, you are allowing it to be build on any feature that it does not remove when built. thus if you were to make it chop down forests, then it would not be able ot be built in forests.

Why don't you have it chop burnt forests? I would think that would be a logical compromise.

Unforunately, I'm still about 2 months behind on a project due in a week. After that, I'll have 3 days full of finals. I'm to busy to even think of working on it until the start of next month. Then I'll probably spend most of my time at home working on it, but won't be able to upload it till I get back for the summer semester. I'll probably upload it around May 11.

My modmod will probably include Broader Alignments, Unit Statistics, Worker Mod, Abandon City/Raze Building, Doviello Icehouse (SDK portion, but used for different buildings), and Alignment Options, in addition to plenty of changes of my own.

Unforunately, I'm still about 2 months behind on a project due in a week. After that, I'll have 3 days full of finals. I'm to busy to even think of working on it until the start of next month. Then I'll probably spend most of my time at home working on it, but won't be able to upload it till I get back for the summer semester. I'll probably upload it around May 11.

My modmod will probably include Broader Alignments, Unit Statistics, Worker Mod, Abandon City/Raze Building, Doviello Icehouse (SDK portion, but used for different buildings), and Alignment Options, in addition to plenty of changes of my own.

I did get the python code for promotions based on terrain optimized in case you want to use it. (I had a promotion that made Druids, Rangers, and Satyrs invisible in forests).

I haven't dug through the rest of the code involved (what it references), but it sure does read at first glance like a PyperTurn function already exists for Promotions.

Code:
            if (!isEmpty(GC.getPromotionInfo((PromotionTypes)iI).getPyPerTurn()))
            {
                CyUnit* pyUnit = new CyUnit(this);
                CyArgsList argsList;
                argsList.add(gDLL->getPythonIFace()->makePythonObject(pyUnit));	// pass in unit class
                argsList.add(iI);//the promotion #
                gDLL->getPythonIFace()->callFunction(PYSpellModule, "effect", argsList.makeFunctionArgs()); //, &lResult
                delete pyUnit; // python fxn must not hold on to this pointer
            }

Yeah. <PyPerTurn> exists only for promotions, and <PythonPostCombatWon> and <PythonPostCombatWon> only for units. I was wanting them all to exist for both units and promotions.

Grey Fox already implemented it that way in Broader Alignments, at my request, since I said I was probably going to use this as a base for my modmod.

Grey Fox already implemented it that way in Broader Alignments, at my request, since I said I was probably going to use this as a base for my modmod.

It works nicely too - I've ported it to FfH and use it to reset Hyborem's AI once he loses his immortal promotion.

I finally finished my project! Well, maybe "finished" isn't the best word, since what I turned in wasn't entirely complete, but it is over anyway. I still have 2 days of Finals, and then I start modding again.

Why is it that Abandon Cities/Raze Buildings python modmod never works when I try to merge it with UnitStats? On its own it is fine.

My laptop seems to be overheating and shutting down a lot (unless I put it in the refrigerator to cool before that happens). I may take my computer to see if I can get this fixed, which might mean I won't have it when I'm home for a week before the summer term. As such, I may try to upload an unfinished version tomorrow night.

Probably just dust build up in the fans. Use some air duster to blow out the vents on the laptop. I've seen it before. It might be a failed fan, but... worth a shot.

Cheers!

Yeah, thats what I figured. I think it would be easier for me to just take it Best Buy tomorrow and have them blow it out (they'll do it for free if its under their warranty) instead of getting an air duster to do it myself. Plus, while they're in there they can see if there is a problem with the fan. Chances are I'll only be without the computer for about 10 minutes, so I don't think I'll bother releasing a version before I come back for the summer term (i.e., next week).

Well, I got the dust out yesterday and haven't had any overheating problems since.

I'm making progress on the modmod, but I haven't really been documenting things very well. I'm not quite sure what files I've changed. I might decide not to release this version, but start over when I get back to school and have internet fast enough to let me download and borrow from some other modmods.

I am getting a lot of WoCs (perhaps related to several build orders that units other than workers have), but otherwise things are going fine. I keep thinking of things I want to add that would require SDK changes that I'm not up to trying yet (my C++ experance is minimal)

Top Bottom