1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Main screen improvement (color-coded attitude and others)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by SimCutie, Dec 10, 2005.

1. SimCutie

SimCutie Warlord

OOPS! I made a mistake.. A folder name in zip file is wrong...
    In zip file, CustomAssets/python/endpoints folder should be named as ...../entrypoints (spellling error)
    I uploaded fixed ZIP...

As for "Exotic Foreign Advisor Mod", it has no problem with my mod.
    No file collision except one ( "CustomAssets/xml/CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml")
    Just copy last 5 entry ( from -SCROLL_UP_ARROW to WHITE_CIRCLE_50 ) from "CIVArtDefines_Interface.xml" of Exotic Foreign Advisor Mod and paste to xml file of same name. Then it is done. I did it and it seems works well with the Exotic Foreign advisor.

2. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

I changed the name to Entrypoints, and no change. I then downloaded your updated zip file with the same results. It now changes it to Icons, but I can't exit the screen. Only thing I can do is restart Civ4.

3. SimCutie

SimCutie Warlord

Have you flushed file cache? (by holding Shift key while Civ4 startup)
    I tested with entire my working CustomAssets completely replaced with CustomAssets foler from newly downloaded ZIP and have no problem at all.
    Click action on Exit button in normal option should be processed by (CIV4 MAIN INSTALL DIR) /Assets/python/entrypoints/CvOptionsScreenCallbackInterface.py which I didn't modified.
    So if it works without error, Exit button on normal option should have no problem.

Can you find file C:\Documents and Settings\<your-name>\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Profiles\{Deafult Profile.pfl, Deafult Profile.ini} ?

4. Cammagno

Cammagno King

Ok, now it works fine :) Thanks! :goodjob:

Speaking of spelling, there is also another mistype, "EnhEncement" instead of "EnhAncement" in the name of a folder. But it seems to work nevertheless, so you may change it in a future release or don't do it... just to let you know.

Yeah, I did a stupid error merging the two files, my mistake :mischief:
    Here there is the correct merged file, if someone wants it.

Later I'll try some of the possible customizations in the files, to see if they work fine :)

5. Cammagno

Cammagno King

The compatibility error with EFA is gone? If not, try using my merged file, it works fine for me.

Note that CvSimCutieEventManager.py have to be "active" (pay attention to CvEventInterface.py), so you may have some problems with the GreatPerson Mod (which also have its CvEventInterface.py linked to CvGreatPersonEventManager.py) or with your CvCustomEventManager.py.
    I'm working on GreatPerson Mod's compatibility issue, but it's difficult to fix (for me, at least :blush: )

Also note that to enable the changes set into show attitude options screen, after exiting the option screen, you have to turn down the windows in which the attitudes are shown and then turn it on again.

6. Cammagno

Cammagno King

Well, I've tried to set the Grid on (following the instructions in your readme). The grid button now appears to be "turned on", but the grid isn't there. So it has changed the status of the button, but not its effect. Now I have to turn it down to see the grid and to turn it on to remove the grid. Same thing with other buttons.

7. SimCutie

SimCutie Warlord

What a poor English skill I have.. .. Hmm I will fix it soon..
    I can run spell checker with text file but can not do that with python source code or zip file :)

I downloaded it and tested it. It seems work OK.
    But I suggest you to put the new entries between line number 1260 - 1261..
    Because the data entry below line 1261 (CUSTOM_IMAGESLOT_XXX stuffs) are kind of empty expansion slot.
    It is used to dynamically (re-)define new images and tag pair on run-time.
    So I think that it is more appropriate to place static entries before dynamic ones.
    See CvUtilCustom.py line 255 , def defineImage() function.

The *VERY* purpose that I wrote this new version is to eliminate such incompatibility and manual editing of CvEventInterface.py. My CvSimCutieEventInterface.py is dynamically configurable.
    No need to modify Cv(SimCutie)EventInterface.py or anything related to event manager. Not a line.
    Actually, I have modified GreatPeople Mod to use my event framework. ( Not yet released. It need little more polishing and clean up).
    But for your reference and information, and to show how this can be accomplished, I attach the modified GreatPeople Mod (python file only) here. This is not drop-in replacement of original but you can see how it works.
    See EventHandlerRegister() function near line 30. and read codes upto line 80.

Attached Files:

8. Cammagno

Cammagno King

I'm an Italian guy, so... I know the problem myself :lol:

Oh, very very good! :)

:goodjob:
    I'll be one of the first users of your modified GreatPeople Mod!

And what can you say about the following issue? :blush:

9. SimCutie

SimCutie Warlord

Yes, I know the problem, But plz don't blame it on me..

CyInterface() class has function to toggle Bare map, Yield display or score display. But, I can not find any function that controls grid on/off and resource baloon on/off function from CyInterface() class.

from CvMainInterface.py : line 620...
    Code:
    	# I dont know how to toggle grid and resource/bonus display.
    	#if screen.getCheckBoxState("Grid"):
    	#	CyInterface().toggleGrid()
    	#if screen.getCheckBoxState("ResourceIcons"):
    	#	CyInterface().toggleResourceIcons()	
    	if screen.getCheckBoxState("BareMap"):
    		CyInterface().toggleBareMapMode()
    	if screen.getCheckBoxState("Yields"):
    		CyInterface().toggleYieldVisibleMode()
    	if not screen.getCheckBoxState("ScoresVisible"): # default is True
    		CyInterface().toggleScoresVisible()

10. Cammagno

Cammagno King

I'm sorry, I've not seen that comment line :blush:

Nothing matters, it's a great work anyway. :goodjob:
    I like very much the mod packs as this one, which put together all the mods that affect a specific aspect of the game. :)

11. alerum68

Wow, looks like a lot has gone on since I last logged on... that's the nice thing about having you two on the other side of the world... When I wake up, I always have more interesting things to go through.;)

I'll try everything out tonight and see what I can do.

SimCutie, I don't want to be a pest or seem an idiot, but can you explain how your EventManger works, and If I would be able to ditch the other ones that other MODders have used and consolidate it into your file? Seems like that's what its purpose is but I'm just not bright enough to do it I think.

Edit: Okay, I deleted both the cache and the profiles directory in my documents. Then I loaded this body completely by itself, unzipped as my CustomAssets directory and am still getting the problem with the Exit button. The directory is name Entrypoints but still no go. I can hit Escape to get out, if I'm still at the main menu, but actually clicking on Exit does nothing once I go into the Custom tab, and I can't Escape out once I've actually started the game.

Here is the contents of my profile file.
    Code:
    [MODS]
    custom_event_handler = True
    blank_wonder_movie = True

[MAINSCR]
    color_no_attitude = COLOR_X_WHITE
    minimap_buttons_state = False,False,False,False,True,False
    color_attitude_pleased = COLOR_X_LIME
    minimap_buttons = Ping,Grid,BareMap,Yields,ScoresVisible,ResourceIcons
    color_attitude_annoyed = COLOR_X_PURPLE
    color_attitude_cautious = COLOR_X_CYAN
    show_attitude = 2
    color_attitude_friendly = COLOR_X_YELLOW
    enhanced_plotlist = True
    color_attitude_furious = COLOR_X_MAGENTA
    turn_number_on = True

12. Cammagno

Cammagno King

Is your Documents and Settings\...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods folder empty? I had some error in PythonErr.log when I tried to use this mod having another mod (terraform mod) in that folder, even if it wasn't active. I don't know if this matter, however. Anyway, after trying to use "exit" button, do you receive some py error in PythonErr.log? The strange tning is that I had the same problem with "exit", but once I put those files in the correct "entrypoint" folder, the problem is gone. (my other problem with Exotic Foreign Advisor was due to my stupid error in merging the common files).

13. alerum68

I have no idea why that would affect things but just to be safe I moved my MODs folder to another directory, and am still getting the same problem.

There is no error message saying what it is. It's just like it doesn't recgonize the exit button.

I was able to merge all the MODs I had, exluding the Great Person and Great People MOD into this one without a hitch, but I don't want to post it until I can figure out this exit button problem.

Would it be possible to get just the bit of code which changes the attitude and lets me use icons? I don't know why I keep having problems with the other aspects, but the attitude modification is the thing I really wanted to add. I'll make sure to give you full credit for it inside of my pack.

14. Cammagno

Cammagno King

I think that there is a minor bug causing the "smile" icons in some screens (civs screen and civilopedia, for exmple) to be displayed in a wrong way. Nothing serious, of course.

15. duderally

duderally Chieftain

Amazing update SimCutie!... :worship: I was hesitant of the plot list incorporation before trying this, but man that is a sweet addition. Props to the original author on that one!

This is definitely my favourite mod. It adds so much to the game without altering the game play. Perfect! :king:

16. CobaltTiger

CobaltTiger Chieftain

I had a problem with some icons (happiness, health, science, etc) being replaced with a white dot with this mod, most notably in the civics window and in some civilopedia entries. I think this may be what Cammagno was referring too. Well, after much gnashing of teeth and looking in the wrong place I tracked this down to a bad alpha channel in the gamefonts.tga (which contains the new icons). After some tinkering I think I have it fixed finally.

Here is the updated file in case anyone has had similar issues. :)

Attached Files:

17. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Very good ideas.

18. mikezang

mikezang Pegasus

Can you provide a mod to toggle grid/resource on when start game?

19. Porges

Porges Chieftain

I built off CobaltTiger's fix to create a set of icons that match the theme of Civ IV more closely. I've attached a pic of how they look in-game, although you can't see the friendly one in this pic, just pleased, neutral, annoyed and angry. (You need to turn on the option for it to show icons instead of text.)

Attached Files: