Make workboat build fort

dark_lord565

Chieftain
I tried using the aquatic fortress mod but it did not work for me. I tried making the workboat build a fort on water by editing Civ5Improvements xml and making fort "water true." I also edited terrain type in the same xml to coast.

Then I edited the CIV5builds xml to build fort to "water true."

And lastly I edited the CIV5units xml to allow workboat to build a fort.

What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

What am I missing?

Assuming you're editing the files directly, are you sure you're editing those of any expansion you have (G&K, BNW) and not those for the base game.

The former live in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML the latter in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Gameplay\XML

Well duh talk about a noob mistake. You are correct sir, thank you. Though now that I have edited the files I can only build forts on water. Is there way to have them be built on both water and land?

Edit: Never mind figured out how to mod the aquatic fortress mod to work how I wanted it.

Top Bottom