1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mammoth scenario crash

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by angamandi, Mar 3, 2020.

1. angamandi

angamandi Chieftain

Hello all,
    I recently discovered the Mammoth scenario from the folder bestnet2. I always thought it was some kind of prehistoric scenario but it's a sci-fi one. Anyway.

The problem is i can't pass the second turn. At the end of it, it crashes. I checked for solutions online and i found only one that advised to save the game in the main folder of civII but this is a poor solution since all the special units and building disappear...

Do you have any solution to fix that? Or there is none?

Thanks to let me know!

Lucas.

2. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

Can you give details about what version of Civ2 you are using, and if you have made changes to your game files, etc?

3. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

That flaw has always been there. It's most likely a tech loop that prevents researching Future Technology.

4. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

It seems so. A comb through the rules file, and custom edit would fix the future tech bug.

5. angamandi

angamandi Chieftain

Hello, thanks for replying.
    I have CivilizationII ultimate classic collection which is MGE i think because it is not Test of Time.
    I did not make any change to any file.

Is there a way to fix it or it's too bad and unpayable?

6. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

What civilization did you play? I played 11 turns as the Mavericks without it crashing. If it is a tech loop, you will probably have to map out the tech tree. It helps to know which technology is being researched by each civilization just before the crash.

As I recall, crashes happen when a technology is a prerequisite (however many removed) for a technology that is in turn a prerequisite for that technology. So, if you need tech A to research tech B, and need tech B to research tech A, then you have a loop, which can prevent you (or the AI) from researching Future Technology, and the game crashes.

7. Patine

Patine Deity

Is that the one where Bo Gritz is the default American leader, and "Klintonism," is the renamed Communism government?