Map creation questions

fortydayweekend

Warlord
Had a crack at making a map, managed to figure it out mostly but I have a few questions!

How do you make a map for 4 players? I've set spawn points for 1-8 and it validated, but when I start the game it only lets me choose 8 players.

How many strategic resources do people think there should be per player? I like the idea of having fewer eg 3-4 of each for 6 players, but how many would be too little?

Is there a way to have a multi-tile lake at a high elevation? I can do one tile ok but as soon as I add a second it starts lowering the elevation to sea level and changes the adjacent tile back into land.

Also, how do you delete a river?

Last edited:
How do you make a map for 4 players? I've set spawn points for 1-8 and it validated, but when I start the game it only lets me choose 8 players.

Place them on the 4 spawns button, you don't need to complete all the spawns (5 to 8). But yeah, it should let you choose lower.

How many strategic resources do people think there should be per player? I like the idea of having fewer eg 3-4 of each for 6 players, but how many would be too little?

3 is too little, IMO, as many units and infrastructures require that amount. IIRC, in random maps early resources are around 9, and late around 6-7. Too little and the game can become to easy for a player that manages to control the resources, as most of the units require some of them, and many several.

Is there a way to have a multi-tile lake at a high elevation? I can do one tile ok but as soon as I add a second it starts lowering the elevation to sea level and changes the adjacent tile back into land.

Use a bigger brush to make it, and replace the terrain afterwards.

Also, how do you delete a river?

Right click outside + drag. If you do it at the source, it removes the whole river.

20210903155426_1.jpg

In this map, one territory in the middle is marked "outside of the game area". Any idea what's going on here? (As it so happens this is the Sahara which is desert wasteland) but i'd like to know what's going on.

I'm told @Elhoim you know the answer.

for you too it's not the last indexed territory ?

for you too it's not the last indexed territory ?

Where do you see the index of the territory?
EDIT: Oh ok, I see the index in the Territories panel.

It is marked 113.
I think it might be the last territory (as I did the Sahara territories the last).

TBH I'd like to make more of the Sahara "outside the game" cos in play-testing this map the AI seem to annoyingly settle the Sahara (which has nothing but some salt and oil maybe gold and or iron).

Last edited:
Top Bottom