Map generating

Gladi

The ignored thread killer
bright day to all!!!

First is there way to generate real archipleago map? Hundreds of really small islands?

Secong are bonus resources tied to size of map? I generated some 362x362 maps and there were instance when city would have eight 8! cattle herds in radius or five wheat plus fish.

Thank you all for any answer :).

I didn't see exactly hundreds of islands, but with the archipelago setting and max water I got good results.

don't know exactly about bonus resources but the number of strategic resources is tied to civ starting locations.

Just start with the archipeligo setting then just edit the resulting map to cut the land masses into smaller chunks. In a 15 min time span I can do this with a few maps and save them. Then just play on one of them--your memory going to have to be pretty impressive to remember anything specific about any of them.

I've made a whole collection of editor maps with islands, continents and pangea each labelled by size. At the time I make them I'll usually check for balance in resources and maybe tweak a few for better play. Occasionally I'll throw in a few suprises for myself like a ring of volcanoes around a lake or an area of ruins and roads or... you get the idea. With a couple dozen maps all I know is that they're all playable and interesting.

Thank everyone for replies. May all your days be bright.

Truly inspiring. AncientPlayer. Thanks for the great idea. I think I'll do this soon... Probably gonna do it before I finish my current game, so that I'll have longer to forget them. ;)

Secong are bonus resources tied to size of map? I generated some 362x362 maps and there were instance when city would have eight 8! cattle herds in radius or five wheat plus fish.

It depends on the number of players. The way the map generator works, the more players, the more strategic and bonus resources. The rest are then made bonus resources. So, the less civs, the more bonus resources.

If you are only playing with 16 or less civs on a 362x362 map, you will get a lot of bonus resources.

The map generator tends to make them occur in clumps.

Top Bottom