Map Generators

shpeka

Warlord
Map type question.

I am looking for a map generator that will successfully create two continents 4:3 civilizations.

I am a bit tired of playing pangea map types, but all continental map generators seem to regularly create 5:2 or 6:1 distributions.

Have you tried PerfectWorld? I think it has more even distribution of things...

I thought the standard "continents" map should do a 4:3 (standard) split.

I usually do huge/marathon, which is a 6:5 split. "Continents" did once give me a 6:3:2 split (it's supposed to do two continents.)

Hemispheres also is generally supposed to do an even split (although it's more likely than continents to split a continent.)

I've only gotten odd splits (7:4, or 8:3, etc.) when I've gotten continent-style maps out of fractal.

I thought the standard "continents" map should do a 4:3 (standard) split.
Yes, they do. About 65% of the time. :D

I grow to really dislike pangea - you've got too many trading partners, access to all civs, 90% of the time a warmonger that is easy to bribe. The game goes: Liberalism ->MT build cuirassiers, dominate the world. You get all religions as well.

While on continents you can get in some tricky situations, and more victory conditions are an option.

The game goes faster as well, with less diplomatic action.

I am confident that there is a map script that is customizable enough - I just haven't found it yet.

Have you tried PerfectWorld? I think it has more even distribution of things...

I've seen several screenshots of this MG. It seems to create very beautiful maps. Pretty realistic views, but not really geared towards balanced play.

Yes, I tried Hemispheres and sometimes it gives iso/semi-iso starts.

I thought Custom_continents should do the trick - select "Number of continents: 2" but to no avail.

Yes, they do. About 65% of the time. :D
Maybe it's because I play huge maps, but I get an almost even split much more than 65% of the time with Continents. And the one time it wasn't even, was the 6:3:2 split where the "small" continent was split.

I grow to really dislike pangea - you've got too many trading partners, access to all civs, 90% of the time a warmonger that is easy to bribe. The game goes: Liberalism ->MT build cuirassiers, dominate the world. You get all religions as well.
Yes, I agree about Pangea. I sometimes pick it just for a little variety.

After a few experiment:

Both Hemisheres and Custom_continents give adequate results: two continents of similar size.

Then the start location generator messes everything up and often goes for the 5:2 split. :cry:

Top Bottom