Map Planning Templates

Thorburne

Centurion
With the strain of using the hidden World Builder in Civilization VI, I thought that it might be easier to draw out custom maps before creating them in the WB. I have created Hex map templates for just such a reason. I created them using Campaign Cartographer 3 from ProFantasy. For any unfamiliar with the software, it is a CAD based map making program used often for Role Playing and Writing. It uses layers and sheets that you can freeze and hide like multiple transparencies. For those who do not have the software (I have included a link to the site... just click on the name), I have also included JPEG conversions of the map templates. You should be able to use Windows Paint or print them out and use colored pencils. Caution though, I am not sure about the quality of the larger maps. One benefit of using CC3 itself is that when you print, you can divide up the print job into multiple sheets which is great with the bigger map sizes.

A couple notes:
  • I have CC3 version 3.43
  • I have the Cosmographer add-in for CC3 which includes additional hex features, but these templates should work with the base.
  • I have also included a key for using CC3 to make your maps
  • I included the Equator and Climate Band guides (details on key) for general aid in map making.
  • The Climate Band guides can be hidden in CC3 by clicking on the Layers detail in CC3 and hiding that layer. This is good in case you want to make a free-range or scenario map.
That's about it... I hope you all enjoy. Hopefully, Firaxis will release the SDK soon along with a much better World Builder. When they do, these templates should come in handy if you are like me and like planning out ahead of time.

If anybody has any feedback, let me know.

Attachments

• Map Templates.zip
    2 MB · Views: 221
  • Template - Duel.JPG
    Template - Duel.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Template - Huge.JPG
    Template - Huge.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 486
  • Template - Large.JPG
    Template - Large.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 452