[Map script]Creation.py for FFH2

I play alot of lan games so we can't use the WB

I've found after lots of testing that the no settlers option on this stops barbarians from spawning cities and making any units. If Barbarian world is used then there are occasionally a few cities but no more appear during the game. The exception to this is around turn 800ish when both the cities and units appear as normal. All of this applies to multiplayer setting only- singleplayer works just fine. Any ideas?

Ah, I haven't played .31 yet, and I can say for sure that features are hardcoded in this map script and won't appear where they aren't specifically told to. I'll have to throw them in. I'll try to fix that soon.

Cephalo, what would I change if I wanted a slightly higher proportion of sea?

Change the WaterRegionsPerPlot variable at the top of the script.

Excuse me, is there any way to set this map up ( in the map script) to flood tiles with resource bonuses, like some options in Smartmap or the Full of Resources map scripts? I have looked at copying functions one to the other, but I know nothing about the ways of python unfortunately.

I really do want great clumps of potato fields.

It's something my friends and I would really enjoy.

also your BTS version of this script basically never puts Oil anywhere on the map. Anywhere. At all. At most I've seen like one oil on the entire map in several games.

Excuse me, is there any way to set this map up ( in the map script) to flood tiles with resource bonuses, like some options in Smartmap or the Full of Resources map scripts? I have looked at copying functions one to the other, but I know nothing about the ways of python unfortunately.

I really do want great clumps of potato fields.

It's something my friends and I would really enjoy.

There's the blessings of amatheon option, if that is still in the mod. I think the no reagents problem should be fixed now.

also your BTS version of this script basically never puts Oil anywhere on the map. Anywhere. At all. At most I've seen like one oil on the entire map in several games.

I didn't actually make a BtS version specifically, but I checked the version in this thread and there was plenty of oil. I think someone else did an adaptation for BtS, but I'm not sure how there change would have effected the oil. Did they get rid of deserts?

that version mostly spawns grassland

what about playing creation WITHOUT FFH and still wanting abundant bonus nodes?

that version mostly spawns grassland

what about playing creation WITHOUT FFH and still wanting abundant bonus nodes?

Well, Creation uses the default bonus placement, so I'd have to write a whole new scheme. :coffee:

How hard would that be to do? it would benefit the map anyways.

Well, I wrote a new system for PerfectWorld so that forests wouldn't get in the way of important bonuses, so I wouldn't need alot of research time. I'd say about a week of my free time.

However, I'm currently working on a top secret new mod! So, I'll have to wait a bit before updating Creation. Hopefully this mod will be done by next week, but playtesting my prove that I still need to re-work stuff.

How would I add drop down box to make this map wrap in custom game? I saw in an earlier post that some people made theirs wrap and it turned out good. I know how to make it wrap I just don't want to have to have a "wrapped creation.py" and a "creation.py".

BTW: good luck on the top secret mod! :thumbsup:

How would I add drop down box to make this map wrap in custom game? I saw in an earlier post that some people made theirs wrap and it turned out good. I know how to make it wrap I just don't want to have to have a "wrapped creation.py" and a "creation.py".

BTW: good luck on the top secret mod! :thumbsup:

I actually have very little experience with dropdowns, but there's a couple in PerfectWorld. There's basically a series of functions you have to write to specify how many options, what the defaults are, etc.

unbreak my heart Cephalo, add a bonus resources function to creation that works in non-ffh scenarios!

(make it wrap while you're at it too if you can hehe)

Top Bottom