[Map Script] Fertile

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
I've been playing around with this for the past month or so, tweaking it here and there. This script creates a much more habitable world than normal, while keeping about the same amount of useful terrain (by reducing the amount of unusable desert/ice/ocean). You can have a landmass of Archipelago, Small Continents, or Massive Continents, and add extra ocean rifts to separate the landmasses.

You can randomize either option, too.

Fertile_Map_Script.zip (Updated 1-29-05)

(Alternate link: View attachment Fertile Map Script.zip)

Place the Fertile.py file it in your My Documents\My Games\Civilization 4\PublicMaps folder, and the text file in CustomAssets\xml\text, and you’re good to go. It's selectable from either the Play Now or Custom Game interface.

Probably, yes, I havn't found any changes to make in the past few games (unless you have any recommendations).

Surt, it's uploaded to CFC, I wouldn't know what any link problems would be. Here's the address:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Fertile_Map_Script3.zip

It can also be found in the civfanatics.net/uploads11/ folder.

yeaw make the link work this looks good

i hate to tell ya this but the script dont work

Hello, a few comments on the French translations: Bienfaisant should be replaced by Fertile, which is a French word and better suited to this script.
Normal would also do better than plusieurs as a translation of Normal.
Nice idea with the rifts.

Thanks, I'll update it. I use Altavista to translate, which returns the original word if it's not in the dictionary (so I look for a synonym). Hard to tell when it's just the same word in that language.

LDiCesare's working on a climate model for his Tectonics script to go along with the landforms, it's a work in progress. :)

I've had no problems downloading or using Fertile. I've always hated to see all those wasted squares, so this is definitely the map generator for me.

I wonder if it would be possible to make a not-so-tiny-islands version that gives every player a decent sized island and also includes an assortment of others. The Archipelago option tends to generate more like Snaky Continents than true Archipelagos. I've tried High sealevel, but that does not seem to make a difference.

I'll give it a try and report back :)
ps: Only the 'alternate' link worked for me.

Great map script. But i want to change it some, i want to add some more forest and perhaps little more jungle. I have looked at the script and found no obvious place where to edit the script to make this change. Anyone have a tip?

Im better on the SDK then the python part of Civ 4 modding.

Top Bottom