[Map Script] Full of resources

im using with rise of a mankind a new dawn mod but it only generates grassland and lotsa tundras.Does anyone know how to fix this?
could you support c2c ?
there are new features not existent if using FoR in newest version
I don't know. I need the logs to see if i can do something.

Is there a way to enable more rivers in the maze map? Seems you only get any using the balance options for only starting place. :)
If i remember well, only the max setting in rivers can add some in maze. This is due to the range of the starting river plot from civ.

[to_xp]Gekko;12230322 said:
you often get some python exceptions with more naval AI though, and an error message about some revolution code failing to initialize, when you load a savegame : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12228486&postcount=132
FoR cause a python exception on load !?

Does this script deal with highlands?
I can't find it.
Highlands is a lake map with few tiny lakes, more plains, peaks and hills.

[to_xp]Gekko;12230322 said:
you often get some python exceptions with more naval AI though, and an error message about some revolution code failing to initialize, when you load a savegame : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12228486&postcount=132

I don't get any, and I don't use "revolutions". It would be nice if Full of Resources was updated to the latest FFHpatch "o" , and Tholal's MNAI modmod (if any updating is necessary).

I don't do much for civilation IV anymore. Either you have a bug and i'd like the logs like asked in the first post so i can see what i'll do or you tell me what it's a FoR version for a specific Mod ... i won't download all mods and try to imagine what you'd like to have.

I don't do much for civilization IV anymore. Either you have a bug and i'd like the logs like asked in the first post so i can see what i'll do or you tell me what it's a FoR version for a specific Mod ... i won't download all mods and try to imagine what you'd like to have.

From what AIAndy has informed me about C2C is that it does NOT put ALL the NEW terrain that we have in the mapscripts, and we have ALOT of them. Any help would be appreciated, i really like this mapscript. Is it ok also to get the FfH stuff out, for another "extra" mapscript for other mods? Just makes things confusing is all looking at all that stuff. thx . . . SO

From what AIAndy has informed me about C2C is that it does NOT put ALL the NEW terrain that we have in the mapscripts, and we have ALOT of them.

I'll look at that when i'll have some time to put my noise into some code

Is it ok also to get the FfH stuff out, for another "extra" mapscript for other mods? Just makes things confusing is all looking at all that stuff. thx . . . SO

I haven't understood. English is not my native language.

I haven't understood. English is not my native language.

I mean dont need stuff like this in your mapscript:

Spoiler :
Code:
if is_BtS_[B][B]FFH2[/B][/B] or is_BtS_[B]FF[/B] :
                original_GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_WORLD = -1
                original_GAMEOPTION_NO_LAIRS = -1
                original_GAMEOPTION_NO_UNIQUE_IMPROVEMENTS = -1

i_GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_WORLD = gc.getInfoTypeForString("GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_WORLD")
                i_GAMEOPTION_[B]NO_LAIRS[/B] = gc.getInfoTypeForString("GAMEOPTION_NO_LAIRS")

Spoiler :
Code:
# for [B]FFH2[/B] place unique improvements and lairs
        if is_BtS_FFH2 or is_BtS_FF :
                try :
                        restoreFfH2Options()
                except :
                        writeLog("", False, ["", " An error occured during restoreFfH2Options ..."])
                        writeError()

try :
                        StoAddFFH2UniqueIprovements()
                except :
                        writeLog("", True, ["", " An error occured during StoAddFFH2UniqueIprovements implementation ..."])
                        writeError()

try :
                        StoAddFFH2Lairs()
                except :
                        writeLog("", True, ["", " An error occured during StoAddFFH2Lairs implementation ..."])
                        writeError()

No need for this stuff:thumbsdown:

FfH doesNOT include this mapscipt anyways.

i put what i liked to play with the map script. And i share it. I find more covenient to put all in one script rather than making dozens of different scripts for every mod i'd have played. Why i should take some time to remove stuff you don't even see if you don't play ffh !?

first you pm me with not understandable things i should do for you and now you tell me what i have to put in my script ? i hope i misunderstood you.

Umm this script IS still compatible with FFH, I'm not sure what your trying to say - its not hard to ignore them...

No.
There're a lot of maps out there (like seriously A LOT) - I'm glad that FFH is included, and will be happy if C2C gets its included but don't think pressure should be placed on Sto to do that.
I'm not sure how FFH content being in there hurts you - it still works on base BtS, so I doubt it harms the scripts utility in any way - and it feels incredibly spiteful to be trying to cut off its usability to work for a mod becuase it doesn't work on one you like.

No.
There're a lot of maps out there (like seriously A LOT) - I'm glad that FFH is included, and will be happy if C2C gets its included but don't think pressure should be placed on Sto to do that.
I'm not sure how FFH content being in there hurts you - it still works on base BtS, so I doubt it harms the scripts utility in any way - and it feels incredibly spiteful to be trying to cut off its usability to work for a mod becuase it doesn't work on one you like.

So what your saying NO to is if FfH adds NEW terrain, you dont want it to read it, thats what your NO indicates, just seems wrong to me.

I dont pressure anyone, what the heck are you talking about. I was just asking a question, DUH!:rolleyes:

If he doesnt want to do it for C2C, then so what! No biggy to me.:p

You said:
Can we then JUST get it to "read" all the terrains in any mod out there then?
Which to me implies a mammoth effort on Sto's part that I think is inappropriate.
Thus, "No."
I'm saying any mods terrain that Sto adds is awesome and I'm glad for it, but we shouldn't require him to do any work - especially for the obscure reason of cutting a feature out that has no effect if you're not playing that mod.

You said:

Which to me implies a mammoth effort on Sto's part that I think is inappropriate.
Thus, "No."
I'm saying any mods terrain that Sto adds is awesome and I'm glad for it, but we shouldn't require him to do any work - especially for the obscure reason of cutting a feature out (you didnt read it correctly AGAIN that is NOT what i asked DUH!!) that has no effect if you're not playing that mod.

Now you NOT reading correctly and this conversation with YOU is over!! Its not your request and NOT your mapscript, so please dont answer for a person that is the author thx. Thats just rude, and YOU did NOT read it correctly, AGAIN!! later gator:p;)

I'm finding you very rude, perhaps you're having problems expressing yourself(?) and thats definitely the impression I got of your request.

I will withdraw from this conversation but I must say that was the impression that Sto seemed to get from your communication as well.

I apologize to both you and Sto, if my comments have somehow offended you, I was only trying to help.

im using with rise of a mankind a new dawn mod but it only generates grassland and lotsa tundras.Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have the same problem. I zipped my script for someone who solve this problem.
Anyone who can solve this problem, please help us.

Attachments

• Error_on_Rom_And.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 297
I have the same problem. I zipped my script for someone who solve this problem.
Anyone who can solve this problem, please help us.

ty for the logs. I can't see where the problem is with it unfortunately. Also i have changed my machine so i don't have anything installed to check it, but you can try this :

Edit the script at the beginning and change that,

Code:
RoM_Mods = ["Rise of Mankind"]

for

Code:
RoM_Mods = ["Rise of Mankind", "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn"]

perhaps it will work. Else i can look at it but not soon.

ty for the logs. I can't see where the problem is with it unfortunately. Also i have changed my machine so i don't have anything installed to check it, but you can try this :

Edit the script at the beginning and change that,

Code:
RoM_Mods = ["Rise of Mankind"]

for

Code:
RoM_Mods = ["Rise of Mankind", "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn"]

perhaps it will work. Else i can look at it but not soon.

I edit the script but it doesn't work. I can't play the game...

Attachments

• 2013-10-03_00001.jpg
    2013-10-03_00001.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 316
I use this script to play on 60x40 (about 4 times larger than huge) worlds. It runs great! Thanks again Sto. If you haven't unzipped it will not work and will CtD your game. Make sure you have it in the correct location, in the program files section or steam section not the documents and settings location of Civ IV BtS

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\PublicMaps

Location of scripts... Also, if you use a mod

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Realism Invictus\PublicMaps

Try thank, replace the steam stuff with program files if you don't have steam and of course if you use direct to drive, I am sorry.

All right...I don't understand. Has anyone else gotten this to work on Realism Invictus? I sensed a general consensus that the two were incompatible until I read this comment. But I haven't been able to get it to work.

Top Bottom