[Map Script] Full of resources

If I load the script I just downloaded will it be full of resources or do I have to set it up?
If I do how?

I'll enjoy the creation mapscript added
i won't integer a non-released map unless the creator ask me to do so.

If I load the script I just downloaded will it be full of resources or do I have to set it up?
If I do how?
you'll have about a default map script if you let all settings by default, but with a lot of improvements like starting locations and some bad happening that won't hapen with some kind of map scripts. If you want to have more resources , go to the resource tab and adjust settings by reading the tool tips.

Tcho !

Is there a chance of adding an option to modify the default dimension of the map like in smart map?

Is there a chance of adding an option to modify the default dimension of the map like in smart map?

the map script handle any size of map. But you have to play a mod that allow more map sizes or simply create one (only 1 xml to modify for personal use).
I don't do it directly in the script because there is a problem with maintenance costs the map script can't modify.

tcho !

Love this script, used it for so many games in civ 4. What I am wondering is if you are planing to release a similar script for civ 5 or if anyone else knows of one (haven't been able to find one) that already exists.

Love this script, used it for so many games in civ 4. What I am wondering is if you are planing to release a similar script for civ 5 or if anyone else knows of one (haven't been able to find one) that already exists.

i've just made some homemade improvements since it seem civV is playable now with the last patch. However i have to get a good overview of the resources distribution i want to see and options to change gameplay. Since the map generators are really better in civV compare to civIV, i don't feel like beginning full of resources for civV yet.

Tcho !

That's true, I guess you didn't intend for people to use the script the way I did :) I used it to remove all the "dead tiles" as I call them tundra, snow, desert while increasing rivers, goody huts, forests and things like that :) I just like playing in a true paradise.

Wow this is great. Thanks for all your effort. I ask if it's possible to support other map types such as Oasis(allow player to start on coast) / Rain forest / Boreal etc.

I'm really impressed with this.

Thx the effort, unfortunatly the mapscript isn't working.
Tested it under BtS and Realism Invictus mod in last versions. The game crashes all the time short after selecting the script. I put the script in the public maps...each single time in the mod pm's also the BtS pm's, even Civ4 pm's. Allways the same result.
Is there a problem with win7 64bit or anything else known?

Wow this is great. Thanks for all your effort. I ask if it's possible to support other map types such as Oasis(allow player to start on coast) / Rain forest / Boreal etc.

I'm really impressed with this.

i don't plan to add more maps for the moment. I'll see if i can do that.

Thx the effort, unfortunatly the mapscript isn't working.
Tested it under BtS and Realism Invictus mod in last versions. The game crashes all the time short after selecting the script. I put the script in the public maps...each single time in the mod pm's also the BtS pm's, even Civ4 pm's. Allways the same result.
Is there a problem with win7 64bit or anything else known?

Have you tried without mod to see if this is a problem with civIV or the mod ?

Have you tried without mod to see if this is a problem with civIV or the mod ?

Have that too... Mod works fine, map generator works fine but both together just crash the game when you setup your game and select the map generator.

downloaded it and now i cant extract the files coz its zipped, and so i left it like that and tried to play it, but i selected it and it shut Civ down :(

I use this script to play on 60x40 (about 4 times larger than huge) worlds. It runs great! Thanks again Sto. If you haven't unzipped it will not work and will CtD your game. Make sure you have it in the correct location, in the program files section or steam section not the documents and settings location of Civ IV BtS

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\PublicMaps

Location of scripts... Also, if you use a mod

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Realism Invictus\PublicMaps

Try thank, replace the steam stuff with program files if you don't have steam and of course if you use direct to drive, I am sorry.

Sto,

Any Idea if your script works with the Pit Boss application? Or I should ask how it can be edited with pitboss application?

I am assuming a person has to log into the PitBoss Lobby as an admin and change the settings. I am going to try this today, just didn't know if you knew of any other people that have tried it.

Sto,

Any Idea if your script works with the Pit Boss application? Or I should ask how it can be edited with pitboss application?

I am assuming a person has to log into the PitBoss Lobby as an admin and change the settings. I am going to try this today, just didn't know if you knew of any other people that have tried it.

I never used PitBoss so i don't know.

But this should work this way (all players have to get the script before starting -> transfert won't work) :

_ The hosting player do the selection and you'll have an <out of sync>, then other players leave and reconnect at the start of the game.

_ Or the hosting player make the selection in any multiplayer menu, save the selection and exit. then send the file "_Multiplayer_config.cfg" located in your documents/My Games/CivilizationIV Full of Resources to other players (they put it in the same folder). This way there should not be any out of sync.

Unfurtunately it's impossible to send custom data before the generation of the map. Thi is the only way i found. With the file, at least all players can check the settings before starting by loading it.

tell me if you encounter a problem.

Thank you Sto.

I am using your Script in a mod, so if I create the _mulitplayer_config.cfg prior to and included it in the mod, as long as they place it in the correct folder everything should be ok and no oos. I will test this in the coming days and will let you know. Thank you again!

Thank you Sto.

I am using your Script in a mod, so if I create the _mulitplayer_config.cfg prior to and included it in the mod, as long as they place it in the correct folder everything should be ok and no oos. I will test this in the coming days and will let you know. Thank you again!

the file _Multiplayer_Config.cfg is rewritten each ime your exit the screen in a multiplayer menu ->

_ send it just before generating the map at other players after exiting the FoR screen.

I love this map generator but I have an annoying problem for me that I don't know how to fix. There is that option for Ground where you set the smallest size a land mass / island can be. It's suppose to erase any lands that are below that size as I understand it. Problem is the default is 1 and I can't change it. Doesn't matter what number I put in there it reverts back to one even if I save it. If I do "Verify" like I read somewhere around here for a similar problem it just goes back to 1.

So I get maps with alot of little islands when I just like continents mostly or small islands. Even the pangea(sp?) I'm playing now has some small islands when it's suppose to be 1 huge continent. I've looked at the files that come with the download but I can't figure out where the default setting of 1 is stored even if I do a save to my own map file.

I was thinking if I can't change it there I could atleast edit the default number to use all the time. Hope someone still checking this site cause I love the flexibility of resource management and nice maps but that part is really annoying so I been using Smartmap which does really nice continents without alot of strips of lands.

Top Bottom