[Map Script] PerfectWorld.py

Been playing for a while with the mapscript and love it. But sometimes I or other civs start on mountaintiles.

I've never seen that, but the in examining my code I saw that this was possible. It should be fixed in the latest version 1.13. If it still is happening let me know.

I really like this map, and the ability to customize it. I prefer to up the land percentage and drop the desert a bit, which is easy to do.

It's a great script for larger maps. I prefer the standard "fractal" for smaller maps. Is there something I can tweak in the settings to make PerfectWorld generate smoother continents for small maps? It seems to create north-south blocks when doing small maps. Probably not enough room. Although, fractal seems to do a pretty good job on small maps.

Right now with the way things work, the map size and even the aspect ratio of the map greatly effect the resulting landforms. One way I could avoid that and create more consistency between sizes is to generate a large map and then shrink everything down, but then a small map would take as long as a large map to generate! So, I'm not sure if I want to do it that way yet.

Right now with the way things work, the map size and even the aspect ratio of the map greatly effect the resulting landforms. One way I could avoid that and create more consistency between sizes is to generate a large map and then shrink everything down, but then a small map would take as long as a large map to generate! So, I'm not sure if I want to do it that way yet.

Oh, that would be a great option, though! I'd really like to see the same kind of worlds in a small map, that we get in a huge map.

Generation of a huge map doesn't take that long. Maybe 5-10 minutes on an average computer. Besides... how often does one generate a new map?

Shrinking a huge map into a smaller map might be tricky, though. How would you handle rivers, resources, etc.?

Cephalo, first things first: very, very nice map script!

I noticed when generating a map, land tiles are reaching both poles. That seems to me unnatural. Imagine what an eskimo would see far, far, far (well very far, you know what I mean) up north :confused:. A wall?? Or would he fall off the face of the earth?? ;)

I LOVE this map script. Thank you very much. The maps feel so much better to play on, and I'm really enjoying them. One thing did shock me the first time I ran it. I normally play on huge maps, but the huge setting on PerfectWorld is truly enormous. After setting up 12 cities in a fat cross and seeing how little of the map that actually uncovered when I got to "Calendar" and it centered the world map, that really blew me away.

Great map script! I highly recommend it. It's brought more realism, strategy and fun to my games.

Nice map script! .. can this be used with Rise of Mankind?

Thanks

I <3 this mod, I just hate the obscene amount of Islands. Any way to fix it so that there are less islands?

Hmm, I guess I always considered that a positive thing. Is there some reason why the islands bother you? Earth has lots of islands.

Edit: Check out the screenshots on the first post. If you are getting alot more islands than those examples, you might be using someone elses version of PW. There are a few modmods of PW floating around.

I like the islands. Way better than most other map scripts, that have only a few islands and most of them only 1 or 2 tiles. I like that PW creates several random-looking islands. I would like more, actually, so I guess you can't please everyone at the same time.

Mr. cephalo, this map script is utterly amazing. I have sampled numerous map-scrips over the years but this one really impresses me. The script succeeds in creating 'realistic' climate regions that genuinely appear to make sense. The world map is both aesthetically appealing and sufficiently rational. I applaud your efforts. This script is, for me, the closest thing I have yet seen to a "PerfectWorld" script.

Mr. cephalo, this map script is utterly amazing. I have sampled numerous map-scrips over the years but this one really impresses me. The script succeeds in creating 'realistic' climate regions that genuinely appear to make sense. The world map is both aesthetically appealing and sufficiently rational. I applaud your efforts. This script is, for me, the closest thing I have yet seen to a "PerfectWorld" script.

Thanks for the nice compliment. I'm glad you enjoy the map.
:thanx:

I'm getting more, much more, and I downloaded the one off the link in the topic. There's always three AIs who end up isolated on a 3 tile island, and it's just annoying. It ends up looking like the gods barfed on a planet and forgot to clean it up. >_<

I'm getting more, much more, and I downloaded the one off the link in the topic. There's always three AIs who end up isolated on a 3 tile island, and it's just annoying. It ends up looking like the gods barfed on a planet and forgot to clean it up. >_<

Can you give me a screen shot? I have never seen this behavior. Nobody should ever start on a three tile island or even close. Post a screenshot of the retirement screen replay.

Are you playing with 18 civs on a small map or something?

This is an excellent map generator. I'm very impressed with the manner in which rivers and mountain-groups are generated. Shorelines and islands are also superb.

I would like to make the following request (while not knowing how difficult accommodating it may be):

Could you develop a parameter for dialing in land/sea ratio? I like to play in an "old world" sort of environment, on a huge map, and the vast seas just represent a waste of space for me.

Thanks

This is an excellent map generator. I'm very impressed with the manner in which rivers and mountain-groups are generated. Shorelines and islands are also superb.

I would like to make the following request (while not knowing how difficult accommodating it may be):

Could you develop a parameter for dialing in land/sea ratio? I like to play in an "old world" sort of environment, on a huge map, and the vast seas just represent a waste of space for me.

Thanks

Open up the map script in a text editor and check out the tuning variables available toward the beginning of the file. They are well commented and should be easy to understand. Land percentage is a tuneable option.

Open up the map script in a text editor and check out the tuning variables available toward the beginning of the file. They are well commented and should be easy to understand. Land percentage is a tuneable option.

Thank you.
Is there a way to move the equator (to simulate a Supercontinent+; e.g., Eurasia plus Northern Africa)?

A slider for land/sea ratio would be nice. Is that possible??

A slider for land/sea ratio would be nice. Is that possible??

Slider! The only modder crazy enough to do something like that is Sto.

Top Bottom