Map settings

Bootstoots said:
I think we should try for 20k culture. To my knowledge, we haven't done that yet, and if we were Babylon, it would be quite easy (so we shouldn't be Babylon of course). I remember that was our idea in DG4, but we didn't exactly go anywhere with it. Of course, this will take some diligent planning early in the game to pull off, but we should be able to do it.

I would like the histograph idea except that it would make the turnchats way too long, and most likely we would have nearly won the game well before 2050, resulting in a boring milking session for the last couple of terms.

I guess that's not quite topical, but I figured I'd blare it out anyway. ;)
If we go for a 20K culture, we should stick with the goal and not neander off to another victory like we did in this demogame.

CivGeneral said:
If we go for a 20K culture, we should stick with the goal and not neander off to another victory like we did in this demogame.
Well, if the final stretch of the demogame takes 200 or more turns, you know people will be demanding a change. Please, let's not do culture again.

To get back on track once more:

If we choose a civ, then we should choose map conditions which makes that civ playable from the role play point of view. No more choosing a seafaring civ and then getting a pangaea map. The settings which are variant dependent are map size and difficulty. There's no reason we can't pick a civ, water coverage, landmass, age, barb level, and other settings.

no culture no way no how will i play culture again play histograph if anything but please no culture
i've read every post in this thread(well skimmed) and we really need to stop arguing
perhaps a 10cc game would be good? instead of 5 or 20cc
use the continent map medium to small anything else i don't care about once roleplay is kept alive (i'm thinking about starting)

Kentharu said:
no culture no way no how will i play culture again play histograph if anything but please no culture
i've read every post in this thread(well skimmed) and we really need to stop arguing
perhaps a 10cc game would be good? instead of 5 or 20cc
use the continent map medium to small anything else i don't care about once roleplay is kept alive (i'm thinking about starting)

we're doing a 5BCC (5 built city challenge) as a compromise between epic and 5CC supporters. we're just now trying to figure out how many cities we'll be allowed to capture. and don't worry, i highly doubt we'll do culture again after what happened this game.

CivGeneral said:
We will always go for the easiest option. 20K was my choice in the first place last game.

greekguy said:
we're doing a 5BCC (5 built city challenge) as a compromise between epic and 5CC supporters. we're just now trying to figure out how many cities we'll be allowed to capture. and don't worry, i highly doubt we'll do culture again after what happened this game.

How about for those who don't know, explain a 5BCC game. (I've never heard of it either, but I've heard of 5CC.)

Top Bottom