[MAP] The Classic Americas - Colonization 1

I could be wrong but in the XML file (terrain folder) for bonus infos I think you would have to add the peak terrain under the section for silver for it to show there. Peak is listed as a terrain in the terrain info file.

The Peak_terrain ends with "<bGraphicalOnly>1</bGraphicalOnly>" and has no yield infos, so it's not actually a real terrain, it's really just a section that defines the movement noises and things like that.

The BonusInfos say Silver should only be found in tundra and ice on hills, and sure enough you get the bonus to silver production on Mountains which are on top of ice or tundra. Since there's no ice on the Classic Americas map, the simple solution is to place Ice over all the Mountains and further restrict silver to icy hills.

Update 1.02
The basic map has been updated with resource fixes. All the resources should work now, at the expense of the diversity that was present before but not working.

I'm also just one problem away from finishing the mod.

When I try to run this scenario, it causes windows vista to pop up a window telling me that colonization has stopped responding, no matter how long I might wait, it just sits at the popup window asking me to close the program or report it.

When I try to run this scenario, it causes windows vista to pop up a window telling me that colonization has stopped responding, no matter how long I might wait, it just sits at the popup window asking me to close the program or report it.

Thanks for the bug report. I'm not at my home PC right now, but I'll see if I can identify what's wrong when I get home.

Thank you very much for the update.

There is (at least) one unfortunate side effect of removing the beaver bonus. None of the villages give you expert trappers anymore, and since you can't get them from Europe, the whole fur industry gets a bit handicapped.

Otherwise things look great so far.:)

EDIT: I found a village that makes expert trappers. That village doesn't have any bonus ressources and it's of course in arctic terrain. It seems natives, that have a bonus ressource inside their range, will educate experts based on that ressource. If there are several different ressources it picks one of them.

Thank you very much for the update.

There is (at least) one unfortunate side effect of removing the beaver bonus. None of the villages give you expert trappers anymore, and since you can't get them from Europe, the whole fur industry gets a bit handicapped.

Otherwise things look great so far.:)

EDIT: I found a village that makes expert trappers. That village doesn't have any bonus ressources and it's of course in arctic terrain. It seems natives, that have a bonus ressource inside their range, will educate experts based on that ressource. If there are several different ressources it picks one of them.

I'm glad you found one. I might do a second version of the map at the weekend which is a bit less faithful with the resources, or randomises them to alleviate that issue somewhat.

I can't find what's causing this, sorry. :(

Are any other vista users experiencing this problem? Any other users, on any OS? I might be able to track it down if I get a few more reports.

I might do a second version of the map at the weekend which is a bit less faithful with the resources, or randomises them to alleviate that issue somewhat.

I think randomising ressources might be best, as it would give a better distribution, and it would add to replayability as well. Currently you only have to play the map a few times to know where to find all you want.

Reveilled:

I have good news! The next version of the Snoopy/Dale patch (v1.05) will have the AI fix for scenarios in it. :D

No more is the problem of the AI sailing round and round in user-made custom scenarios. :)

I've played your mod with rgeat enjoyment, but for some reason, Dale and Snoopy's patch doesn't seem to work with it. I can turn Indian converts into msisioanires amnd train them in Indian villages. I could have sworn I extracted it to your mod the way one should, but I am really bad at that kind of thing. Would you midn walking me troguh it?

Top Bottom