[MAP] Titan!

The Map of Titan

(70x35)
Hello again!

Someone motivated me to start doing alot of the planetary maps. I hope you don't think they suck. But that won't stop me LOL

This is an interpretive map. Areas on the NASA Cassinni scans that had low albedo were designated by water.

Rough areas with very high albedo were the peak/hills regions. The medium albedo regions are a combination of ice terrain and tundra.

You will notice that the waters are surrounded by plains. This was merely for playability. A civ can't survive without a little food, eh?

The Uranium is in the mountains and there are very few biological resources. The map has 8 or 9 players, but you can change that in Custom Scenarios section.

Otherwise it is a normal map, and please feel free to use or modify or improve upon it, but just let me know coz I'm interested in all things Civ!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 2,038
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Titan_v.1.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,163
Planetary maps are cool. This seems like a pretty hard map tough to play on alright :)

Oh, and it's Huygens, not Hyugens ;)

:woohoo: :D that's cool.
keep it going :goodjob:

Junuxx said:
Planetary maps are cool. This seems like a pretty hard map tough to play on alright :)

Oh, and it's Huygens, not Hyugens ;)

it is, and most of my planetary maps have turned out hard to play on, except venus, coz i loaded it with forests.

I knew i misspelled that name. :D

It really is a fun map! :cool:

I'm playing the Greeks, Noble. I started right next to the Huygens probe and it's 1890 now. Took me forever to get my cities to a decent size though. In 1000 AD, my cities were size 7, 2, 2, 2, 2 and 1 ;) But the slow start didn't matter. Had a lot of fun exploring with half a dozen scouts... Explored most of the world and met everyone in 1500 BC, but then barbs showed up big time and everyone got completely isolated :D The barbs and the Aztec devil kept me quite busy, but somehow Monty failed to see that Horse Archers didn't work against Phalanxes (love em!). City development finally improved when I hit Civil Service
Anyway, I just conquered half of America, but now it's time for some sleep :)

Junuxx said:
It really is a fun map! :cool:

I'm playing the Greeks, Noble. I started right next to the Huygens probe and it's 1890 now. Took me forever to get my cities to a decent size though. In 1000 AD, my cities were size 7, 2, 2, 2, 2 and 1 ;) But the slow start didn't matter. Had a lot of fun exploring with half a dozen scouts... Explored most of the world and met everyone in 1500 BC, but then barbs showed up big time and everyone got completely isolated :D The barbs and the Aztec devil kept me quite busy, but somehow Monty failed to see that Horse Archers didn't work against Phalanxes (love em!). City development finally improved when I hit Civil Service
Anyway, I just conquered half of America, but now it's time for some sleep :)

i am so happy that you enjoyed it. :)

I can understand how barbs could dominate, with all the ice that is unsettled there would be alot of room for barb cities and random spawns.

IYou know Titan is a satelite and not a planet, but the theme's the idea so I won't hold it against you. As I was unzipping the download I came up with an idea for a full fledged mod. The idea is still quite ruff but I though I would run it up the flag pole and see who salutes.

The idea is a map of Saturn where the planet has been colonized in the atmosphere above the metallic hydrogen mantle. The terrain would obviously be split into belts and zones of alternating rising and falling high and low presssure. Resources would be areas of the atmosphere with high concentrations of the resource and would be cool if they were expendable as some Civ 3 resources were. Rivers could be air currents or the transitionary area between belts.

Oceans would require some extra scripting as they could represent the metallic hydrogen swelling into the "inhabited" altitude due to drag along the core. The scripting would make the hydrogen appear in patches and either shrink, grow, disappear, or have new patches appear. This would be based off of a number of total tiles that remains constant but their location changes with something to assure that the patches remain within a specific size range where no more can connect to those at the limit and those under have all their tiles redistributed.

FashaTheDog said:
IYou know Titan is a satelite and not a planet, but the theme's the idea so I won't hold it against you. As I was unzipping the download I came up with an idea for a full fledged mod. The idea is still quite ruff but I though I would run it up the flag pole and see who salutes.

The idea is a map of Saturn where the planet has been colonized in the atmosphere above the metallic hydrogen mantle. The terrain would obviously be split into belts and zones of alternating rising and falling high and low presssure. Resources would be areas of the atmosphere with high concentrations of the resource and would be cool if they were expendable as some Civ 3 resources were. Rivers could be air currents or the transitionary area between belts.

Oceans would require some extra scripting as they could represent the metallic hydrogen swelling into the "inhabited" altitude due to drag along the core. The scripting would make the hydrogen appear in patches and either shrink, grow, disappear, or have new patches appear. This would be based off of a number of total tiles that remains constant but their location changes with something to assure that the patches remain within a specific size range where no more can connect to those at the limit and those under have all their tiles redistributed.

that is pretty interesting. i dont have the skills to do that, flat out. this would require a project team of people who can program C++ and python. But the idea is very creative. Reminds me (in my mind) of the scenery in the book Flux.

Could you make one as if it had the same temperature as earth?

I don't like the cold (strange for a viking)

LOL this map's beauty comes from the tiny little cities that a civ will have. i dont think i will redo this one, but i will take suggestions for my next planetary (or satellite) map and make it earthlike.

i would recommend, for now, you try out my venus map ;) its very warm and humid

Top Bottom