[Maps] Realization: my smaller lore-themed maps

Zomgmeister

Emerged Lurker
Howdy!

Few hours ago I decided to make two polls about "what maps do you want me to do", basically. After that I rolled some dice (with slight cheating, because I wanted to include Amurites in this one) and tried to do standard-sized map.

I never thought that it would be so easier and faster, compared to huge one! This map is what I wanted to draw and play personally. Next one will be based on polls.

Anyway, in this thread I will post my lore-themed standard-sized maps. Maybe even small ones, but right now they are not planned.

Note: even while some or all of these maps don't use Fall Further civilizations, it seems that they don't work without Fall Further.
Solution: install Fall Further. Pretty easy, eh?

=====================
01. StrifeWorld - Standard size
=====================

Races included: Amurites, Bannor, Grigori, Malakim, Sheaim, Svartalfar.

Terrain description: Two huge landmasses, three races per each - one evil, one good, one neutral. These continents form the frame around vast central sea. North-western continent is more condensed, provoking possible early conflicts. South-eastern continent is more spread, providing possibilities of peaceful expansion. Svartalfar are most isolated race.

Resources allocation: Plenty, though food and luxury resources are distributed in groups.

Notes: Landmarks are not included in this version, because I had no time, and basically this map's birth was pretty sudden. If this map will be liked in community, in next tweaking I will add some. Tweaks are inevitable after all, I am pretty sure there are some bugs and mishaps in this one.

=====================
02. Prize of Aeron - Tiny size
=====================

Shamans and Seers of three mighty warrior tribes envisioned a great jewel in deep Kartak mountains - valley, blessed by Aeron himself. A worthy prize for the best warlord.

God of Rage himself created this place in ancient Age, before the Fall. It has been forgotten by everyone for millenia, and just recently thawed from the Ice.

Races included: Clan of Embers, Doviello, Hippus.

Terrain description: Three warrior-tribes arrive from three sides into this mountain valley. Available map territory is a rough triangle, with unbelievable rich terrain in the center.

Resources allocation: Not much at start location. Madly rich in the center.

Notes: Rush map for true warmongers with blood-stained vision. Only Conquest victory is enabled - frankly, participants aren't interested in any "lesser" victory.

=====================
03. Erebus Colonization - Large size (actually due to large amounts of ocean it should feel as standard)
=====================

New World has been found recently. Colonists from mighty and civilized kingdoms of Calabim, Amurites, Bannor and Lanun came to this mysterious and extremely rich western land, only to found it already inhabitated by savage but numerous native tribes.

Colonist races: Calabim, Amurites, Bannor, Lanun.

Native races: Archos, Chislev, Clan of Embers, Cualli, Mazatl, Kahdi.

Terrain description: Carribean sea with some pieces of both Americas, yay!

Resources allocation: Huge quantities, but very tightly distributed. Only colonist races do have an access to copper, iron and gunpowder, for example.

Notes: I have no idea about balance in this map. Probably there isn't any of it. And most, if not all civilizations are in broken economy state at start, due to several small towns without much improvements. Tough luck, guys - deal with it or die painfully. Actually "native" civs are not meant to be played, but I hate to disallow this, because if someone of you want to unite this "America" in tight grip of Archos "indian" empire, go for it by all means! Still, it has been designed for "colonist" civilizations. Consider "natives" as nothing more than barbarians who do have some sense, contrary to the basic ones.

Native civilizations do start without any technological bonuses, being barbaric as they are. Though they do have respectable amounts of territory and their lands are filthy rich in resources.

Colonist civilizations all start with respectable amount of technologies, somewhat noticeable army and fleet. They don't have as many people as natives, making them actually easier to play in some ways - personally I hate scenarios with large premade empires, like advanced start. Still, it is in this map, because it makes sense. Each colonist civilization do have their own advantage.

Calabim are more numerous than others in raw population sense. They came here to enslave and colonize, and they mean it. While their main cities are on islands, they do have smaller foothold on continent, making it easier.

Amurites don't want to involve in large warfare. In fact, they came here to get some resources and to prosper peacefully, dabbling in arcane arts. Their extremely isolated start seems nice for this, but they may have some problems in actually gaining something from this land. Maybe their peaceful isolationist politics should be reviewed. Amurites main power is scientific and arcane knowledge. They just know more stuff than everyone else.

Bannor are not peaceful. While they are good, they are definitely not nice guys. They came here to establish mighty empire, and they aren't afraid to eradicate a tribe or two. Their starting garrison, located on mainland, is considerably more powerful than any other army in these lands.

Lanun came here first (not really surprising). Their stronghold is located in very nice strategical point. Strangely enough, they are completely continental civilization - no access to smaller islands, but they seem happy as it is, because their coastline is simply awesome. Their fleet is extremely powerful, with potential to disrupt any naval activity in region.

Attachments

• StrifeWorld.jpg
    StrifeWorld.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 561
  • StrifeWorld.rar
    12.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Prize_of_Aeron.jpg
    Prize_of_Aeron.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 429
  • Prize_of_Aeron.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Erebus Colonization.rar
    27.6 KB · Views: 185
  • erebus-colonization.jpg
    erebus-colonization.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 362
So I first tried playing this map not using Fall Further, and ended up with a whacked out score and no one had a palace. :lol:

It worked fine when I tried it using Fall Further, so I assume it's meant for use with that? I wasn't sure initially since it doesn't use any of the non-FFH civs.

Well, seems so, because I am playing only with FF enabled and don't want to keep FF-free version of FfH. Hard drive is not unlimited, you know :) Will probably update first post with this information.

By the way, added another map.

Awesome, the huge map became unplayable, I just need a new comp :D
Now to find time when I'm not playing to find a job.

Just looking at your huge map... since you're looking for ideas for smaller maps... I think perhaps the most interesting area to single out would be the Lanun in the centre with three continents, each with two civs, around... so Mazatl/Malakim, Sheim/Kahdi and Luchiurp/Khazad, if you wanted to keep it as is. Good seven player Standard sized, would be a fun game. Or could throw in the Elohim by themselves to make it 8, depending on what size you'd be looking for. Having the Elohim isolated would be good for their peaceful flavour, after all.

Would let the Lanun really act as pirates, raiding here and there while all the other civs are too busy fighting each other to do anything about it.

Heya people!

Sorry, I've been busy for a while, didn't played or mapedited at all. And I'm afraid this trend will continue for a while.

Still, managed to complete one map I started the same day as new Colonization was announced. Go on, play it and feedback it!

Woo, Zomg is still alive. Your new map looks interesting, gonna try it now :)

downloading Erebus Colonization right now. Are you planning on updating your huge map after the next major patch? I guess it would have to be the next major FF patch after the big FFH patch on the 15th.

I'd really like a map with Basium defending against hordes of Sheaim and Infernals. Basium is so boring to play (and weak) in single player that I never get to use any of their units, or anti-undead/demons units. It would be pretty fun, having to heavily rely on destroy undead and holy warrior type buildings. Win by an Altar victory after fending off the hordes for long enough.

I'd really like a map with Basium defending against hordes of Sheaim and Infernals. Basium is so boring to play (and weak) in single player that I never get to use any of their units, or anti-undead/demons units. It would be pretty fun, having to heavily rely on destroy undead and holy warrior type buildings. Win by an Altar victory after fending off the hordes for long enough.

A scenario where you start as Basium sounds interesting..

Top Bottom