Resource icon

MapTweaker Utility (beta) - Copy/Paste/Resize Bix Files! 2016-10-05

Dr Alimentado - You are GOD!!! This has saved me hours of work in modifing my scenario. Firaxis should sign you up imediatly! :) Thanks a lot. :)

Posted the new version 0.9b in first post.

Main change is C3C support. Here's the full list:

changes from 0.8b to 0.9b

Features and functionality:
- added C3C (BIQ) support. [Added new terrain types, note: Marsh and Volcano will be visible but unpickable in the brush picker when using non-C3C maps, if pasted from a C3C map into a non-C3C map they will revert to: marsh-> grassland ; volc-> mountains.]
- added change tile bonuses functionality to Tile properties dialog, changed the layout and interface of dialog.
- added selection tools and new menu; analyse selection, deselect tiles of type/terrain, select all/none
- made resources gfx slighlty oversized on map to enhance visibility, added resource gfx toggle in Options-Map gfx

Bug Fixes:
- fixed the reset code in the Resize and Nudge Dialogs so that they reset properly after applying the tool - should fix fatal errors after using the 'apply' button :O
- fixed error with pasting tiles containing modded resources into non-modded map - If you paste tiles with resources that don't exist in the target map (the resourceID number is > max No.of resources) the resource will now be deleted.
- fixed minimap scrolling 'sticking' with very small maps

Misc:
- added BIC Mode indicator in map properties dialog. Useful because C3C editor can save files with .bic/.bix extensions - but actually saves them in BIQ file format!
MapTweaker will detect that these files are actually BIQ files and save them as such. Added a pop-up to notify user when such a map is loaded too.
- improved the paint terrain and paint resource functions to better detect whether they should paint or not.
- overhauled the InfoPanel code, messages outputted to user should be more meaningful... (removed some useless messages, added some useful ones, increased the default no of retained messages to 50, added a max no of messages and purge messages options to Options-General)

please note this is still very much a beta, I have some suspicions about altered start locations in mapTweaker being the possible cause of a bug... (if I'm right it will be fixed soon) use at your own risk anyhow!

All feedback welcome :)

Glad you like it Phoenix :)

Here's a very provisional list of what gets added next in some sort of rough order.

things todo next list:

update the start loc data in the bix
update resources and continent counts
implement changing BIC mode (for non-modded maps only), this will allow maps to be downgraded (or upgraded) between .bic .bix and .biq files.

flip selection, rotate selection.
stretch/shrink maps

compressed files support
inline pcx reading (removing the need for the DLL)

new map function (mainly for pasting a section as a new map)
cut functionality

clone brush, replace brush

improve the minimap refresh method to only redraw the changed area (currently it redraws the entire map, hence the slow speed on large maps)

slightly longer term:

overlay information and gfx (mines/roads etc.)

fancy map generation - with a ton of parameters!
inc. heat/humidity maps for generating into

unit and city support (?)
generate map from image (?)
multiple object clipboard (?)

oooo this is cool.... I sut want ONE more thing in it

a SCALE option

it would of course have to delete all the overland stuff, but if you could scale even jsut the land, that would be totally awesome, I'm trying to modify the default sengoku mod, and i've found amap of japa that would be great if I could jsut get it a bit bigger...

ooo hey I know!

Remeber the bmp to bic utility? What if you made it so you could export the map as a bmp? Ppl woudl change it in photoshop, and then import it. right into your editor.
As it stands, that old BMP to Bic prog is a bit outdated, that way, you wouldn't really need a scale attribute, cause ppl could just export to PS and scale the BMP (as long as they keep it in indexed colour)

ps yes, scale would be the same as stretch. A conflict of idioms... I guess I've been workin in maya too much :p

when i tried to run the program, this here pop-up is what i got. do i need that stupid and uterly pointless .NET Passport for this to work or something? Even so, this tool seems like it'll be GREAT.:goodjob:

No, you need the .NET Framework - something totally different.

The .NET Framework is a set of dlls used by programs written in .NET. This is equivalent to the VB runtime dlls (VBRUN40.DLL, etc) and the C++ runtime dlls (MFC42.DLL and MSVCIRT.DLL).

The download is quite big (several megs), but the idea is that once you have this set of runtime dlls you can run any program written in .NET.

I am suprised you don't have it already - it's over a year since major companies started using it in programs. You can get it from Micro$oft, amongst other places...

Well the link I gave in my post was to the downlaod page for the 1.1 .NET Framework.

Of course there are other reasons for going to the windows update, but if you just want the Framework then the link I gave will be quickest.

Absolutely wonderful :worship:

Puts the stinky Firaxis editor to shame :goodjob:

One comment. The new maps I create with this always crash in the editor. I have to import then into the default conquest BIQ a save afresh for it to work. :hmm:

One request: if you ever can, it'd be great if you could create a resizing facility in order to make existing maps bigger or smaller (rather than simply focusing into or out of a map). But I know this is probably not possible (for enlarging at least) because the square of most maps would be too big! :eek:

When I load a map it gives me an error that a FreeImage.dll can not load.

And I downloaded that .NET thing that you said to, in the first post.

Know how to solve this problem?

By the way I got Windows 2000.

Krabius, if you give the exact text of the error I think I can help.

Just to check - you definitely downloaded and installed the .NET framework?

Sorry!!! I just checked the first message and saw the link to download the needed dll file.

Hello Dr Alimentado !

At first, I congratulate you for your impressive tool !
You done the best Civ-utility for me !

Secondly, I saw you things to do list, and I only see one thing :
Units and city support of course !!!

I dream of the day you'll make the capacity to modify a mod by stretching the map without units and cities falling in ocean... Plouf ! All is to redo...

Good work !

Top Bottom