1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MapTweaker Utility (beta) - Copy/Paste/Resize Bix Files!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Utility Programs' started by Dr Alimentado, Jan 3, 2004.

1. iliekater

iliekater Chieftain

Thanks for re-uploading it !

2. cemo1956

cemo1956 Chieftain

I got to ask why I canĀ“t CUT.

Copy and pasting that works fine.

3. dino_meshtar

dino_meshtar Chieftain

I have the same problem as you only I can`t find the mapmakerconf.xml and the debug text file!What am I missing?Please help :(

4. Wolfshade

Wolfshade Little Winger

Seems like you didn't extract a downloaded archive - or even didn't download it. It contains 2 files you're missing and asking about. FreeImage.dll you can find on the Internet (I did).

5. W.i.n.t.e.r

W.i.n.t.e.r Frozen!

6. ThesaurusRex

ThesaurusRex Chieftain

Can someone please reupload FreeImage.dll?

*EDIT* Figured it out. But what does one do with the selections? And how do I resize the land, not just the 'canvas'?

7. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

To resize the land just use the default map editor.

8. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

The Firaxis editor cannot perform all the resizing functions that MapTweaker does. OTOH every discussion I'm aware of points out problems doing anything with MapTweaker beyond resizing maps.

Cut & paste terrain onto the new area. Or "paint" the terrain just as you would in the Firaxis editor.

9. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

Agreed, but TRex asked how to just resize the land and not the overall map, and for that the only way I know of is to do it by hand, tile by tile. But as we've already established, I am an old-fashioned, stubborn old goat that prefers the tedious long way to the short way. ;)

The only thing I've ever used MapTweaker for is overall map adjustment, so I haven't a clue if the other features are buggy.

10. Blue Monkey

I'm with you. The major difficulty people actually have in understanding all the utilities' limits - in my experience - is that they say "resize" when what they really mean is rescale.

11. Blue Monkey

... and there is no single utility that will rescale a biq afaik. In my own experience trying to convert, rescale & reconvert is unsatisfactory:
    The only way I know of to get a good biq/map at a different scale is to make one from scratch then import the rules from the old one. Which means placing the start locations, units, resources, etc. on the new map one by one.

12. ZergMazter

ZergMazter Chieftain

Oh common why do I always have to be the lone soul getting the most ridiculous fails? It says it cant find my civilization3.exe.

THERE IS NO CIVILIZATION3.EXE IN MY FOLDER aseo;tiashe;otlaiejrlak5rj;aoe5h;a

Update:

Sorry for the rant. I had to do my thing to make it work. I don't have a native civilization3.exe as I have steam's complete edition, so I had to find me one. Also for those of you in the future doing this make sure you take the DLL from the 'Dist' folder and put it in 'system' like they mentioned in the download. I just thought it was the whole folder and it took me a while to realize that.

I've been wanting to copy and paste my map for 5 hours and a half now, and I'm exhausted, but after a small test it was all worth it. This is the right tool. Thanks!